April 20, 2014 | 959 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Eyeshadow Brush

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 4:17:00 AM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a few of these brushes. If you do purchase one, keep some glue handy, as the handle does separate from the metal it's easily fixed with eyelash glue, but it's not a problem, the brushes are 1.50. They do shed abit, which is to be expected from the price, but they pick up product well, and the hairs are soft. I use these brushes if I don't want to use or leave my MAC ones dirty if I'm in a rush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

This picks up colour fine but why I would not recommend it is that is it very scratchy! I own 3 of these and they are all harsh on my eyes, not soft at all. The shape is not great either, all 3 that I own have hairs sticking out because they're not all cut the same size.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by kinta80s

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Deposits color quite easily. Hurts like hell just like everyone of elf brushes (havent tried mineral brushes yet though)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by jessijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Like others have said, this brush is excellent for laying down or packing on color. Smooth, dense bristle head. My one complaint would be that some are loose at the ferrel. However for $1, just buy another or simply glue it. Maybe its appearance isn't the sleekest, but who cares?? It works great. I own several that I use with UD shadows daily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best all-rounder eyeshadow brush! Even if you don't like it, it's only 1 USD...not much harm done. Thankfully, I LOVE THIS BRUSH. I bought 2 of it in my ELF haul recently.

I love how well it packs on color, but please do not use it like a blending brush. It's great for packing on color, not great with blending. Your eyeshadow will just look horrendously muddy.

Sure, there's shedding during the first few washes, but I don't expect much and I will eventually repurchase it because I really like how well it packs eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by luverchick

how can you go wrong with 1$ make up brush that can help you pack on color so easily...even if it gets damaged you can always replace it for just one buck

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by DeelishisBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually use my sigmas or coastals or macs. i bought this product from target, and i bought about... 3 of them because they were only $1.
i actually really like this product, the first time i used it a few hairs came out and i was upset, but it didnt stop me, i kept using it and realize it works pretty well.. picks up pigments very well, and i can apply it easily.

i would definitely buy this again, i would buy a whole bunch of their brushes because i like them (especially the black studio ones) they are coming out with new brushes so im very happy for them and my pocket lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this eyeshadow brush daily and I think it does the job fairly well for such a bargainous price. Its bristles are soft and not too rough which is nice as the eye area is delicate. I would definitely need to go back and repurchase some more as this is my go-to eyeshadow brush. I knocked a lippy off as sometimes I wish my brush was a little more dense, however this could vary with the different batches they produce.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by MoG04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this one day just to try out the elf, I usually use Mac brushes. It was horrible, all the brush hairs started falling out after one application. Fortunately I love some of the other brushes they have but this one will NOT be a do over. The only good part was its only $1

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by BlueTutu

When I got this brush I didn't like it at all. Mine has quite short bristles, they are about 1/2 the length of my other eyeshadow brushes (although I think brushes can vary quite a bit) and isn't practical to lay down colour all over the eye.
But this brush works extremely well to place colour along the lash line and to smudge eyeshadow/liner. This is now my favourite brush from elf. Its only flaw is that is sheds hair when washed but I'm planning on ordering another few as I find it so useful.

Update: I ordered another brush and it's not as good. It's the same shape but with longer bristles and it's thicker. (More like a standard eyeshadow brush than my original). My original brush only has dark hairs and they're not really scratchy, but my new one has a mixture of colours and feels quite scratchy so I always my older brush.

Original Brush: 4 stars Newer Brush: 2 stars
Overall: 3 stars I suppose you can be lucky/unlucky depending what you get sent.