July 30, 2014 | 2066 users online

Lip Treatments - MAC - Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2007 3:48:00 AM More reviews by amg29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I once bought Hush, Hush, and really was disappointed. Since then I have acquired two other colors- the darker rose color and the light green one - not sure on the names, but I love them! I wear the rose color all the time, and the light green color when I go to bed. It stays on for a while, and the smell is so wonderful! I always am on the lookout for more- love to swap for them too (except for Hush, Hush - lol)!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2007 10:09:00 PM More reviews by mrstraviesa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked up Pucker from a friend, and I am very much in love with it, sheer, smooth, and long lasting, the only true and only downsides are the price, though I don't think it would deter me from buying one again. And the top can come unscrewed in your makeup bag making for a very messy cleanup of other items held within.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2007 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Absolutely

The day they stop making this is the day I die (joking).
    On a more serious note, it is a fabulous lip treatment. It provides excellent colour (I got tender baby), isn't sticky, provides SPF 12, moisturizing, smells fruity and doesn't taste bad.
    I love how it's not too glossy like some lip glosses but still provides a nice pretty sheen with just the right amount of pigment.

My HG <3 I had a hard time choosing between Tender Baby and Take a Hint but chose the former in the end...both are beautiful pinks

The only con is that I need to use a lip brush to apply this (I wouldn't dip my fingers in...unsanitary). However if this was in a lipgloss form, it'll be too glossy/liquidy and if it was in a stick form, it'd be too dry.
    I think MAC made it in a pot so the texture would end up looking in between a sheer lipstick and a lipgloss.

Active Ingredients:
    Octinoxate 7.50% W/W, Octisalate 2.00% W/W, Avobenzone 1.50% W/W

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2007 3:07:00 AM More reviews by bamf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I recently purchased this in Tender Baby and it quickly became one of my new favorite makeup products. It's so yummy, very moisturizing and isn't sticky at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2007 7:49:00 PM More reviews by lipgl0ssaddict

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this as a gift, and I'm glad that I didn't spend $14 on it. Sorry but this was just blah. Yes, it was nice and moisturizing, but not more so than any other lip product I've tried, d/s or h/e (and for the record, they don't make that much difference unless your lips are seriously damaged). Deep sigh, the darkest shade, didn't show up on me at all. My lips aren't THAT pigmented, are they? Even bonne bell lipsmackers in strawberry/strawberry kiwi not only smell better, they seem to moisturize about the same amount and actually give my lips a little color. o-v-e-r-h-y-p-e-d.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2007 4:21:00 PM More reviews by katmu1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Warm Smile and love it. It has just the right amount of sheen and feels very moisturizing. UPDATE: I rediscovered this recently. I had forgotten how much I love this. this shade is a perfect warm peachy nude. These do leave my lips softer. I wish they would make tendertones permanent.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2007 12:21:00 AM More reviews by lama31

these are the most non-sticky, best-smelling, make-your-lip-satiny-smooth lip balms you will ever buy, with spf 12 to boot!
    i have *5* of these. in the light pink, medium pink, fuschia pink, pale green, and orange.
    they're really sheer and natural looking too.

update: 2/11/2008- so lucky! i just ordered Take a Hint tendertone on mac.com. i guess they have some left over?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2007 7:38:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These are sooo cool! I bought the color Hush, Hush and its a natural liptone with a lustrious shine. It also makes my lips feel soft and silky. I want more! I also have Warm Smile which is almost the same but with a little more color. Love them both!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2007 4:47:00 AM More reviews by velvetice

I love these! I hate MACs lipglass, and I hardly ever wear gloss because I hate the feeling of it on, but these feel ssoooo good! The taste and smell are great too! I only have one in Pucker but I'll soon be getting more, I really hope MAC makes these permanent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 3:44:00 PM More reviews by treecatd

YES, I would repurchase. I have every Lustre glass & Lipglass availabe (and some LEs), so obviously i was trying to not even think about this product...but when i went to MAC and i tried them i was in love: texture, spf that actually works thanks to avobenzone, smell, cute jars....I bought three and I want more!!! I love them so much and they are so versatile. i use some with lipliner, mixed with lipglass, topped with lipglas, on top of lipstick....I want MAC to make them permanent. PLEASE MAC, LET US KEEP THOSE FOREVER!!! :)
    oH & my BH likes the smell to ;)
    edit: just purchased three other colours and i feel that MAC came out with a perfect tone for every shade ofg lipstick. I cought myself reapplying this even after dinner - normally i don't use spf products after sunset LOL