July 26, 2014 | 968 users online

Hair Treatments - Aphogee - Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by annemarieke

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

AMAZING!!! This is the best hairproduct I have ever used!
My hair is very fine and I have mishandled it quite a bit: I colour it every 5 weeks, blowdry it, heatstyle it.. As a result it became very dry and frizzy. I have tried everything to make it better but nothing has ever worked for more than a day. I have spend so much money on my hair, it's crazy. But Aphogee two step Treatment has actually transformed my hair. Doing the treatment was drag, drying it took forever, even with my fine hair. But the result is amazing. I can't remember ever having silky hair before. My hair has always been dry, even when I didn't colour or heatstyle it. (But that was in the eighties and having dry frizzy hair was OK back then, those were the days..). But thanks to Aphogee I now have very soft and silky hair!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Nazareen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay so ladies.. Buy this please!!
Here's some background:
My hair is a natural black brown color and I bleach my roots and tone my own hair to platinum blonde every 4 weeks. My hair was extremely damaged and stawlike.. I could not even run my fingers through it without strands of hair falling out not to mention my rapidly breaking ends!!! So I quickly went to Sally's for some guidance. They recommended Aphogee Two-Step Treatment even mentioning they use it in professional salons.. I thought she was giving me a sales pitch so while in the store I looked up the reviews on MUA.com and was pleased with the reviews. So applying it, I was a but skeptical bc it smelled horrible and couldn't wash it out until it was ROCK hard.. I then blew it dry on my hair to catalyze the protein into my damaged hair. After washing it out with water and conditioner I did my normal blow dry and straighten and I couldn't believe how beautiful my hair was!! It was silky smooth and I could run my fingers through without breakage! It's shiny and beautiful now and my hair is literally thanking me!! Hope this helps ladies :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by khoward0803

I have over-processed, abused blond hair.

For years I have bleached the ever-living crap out of my hair to get it a pretty champagne blond. (I'm a natural dark brunette.) A few months ago, I decided to go natural and dye my hair brown. Of course, about two weeks ago I decided to bleach my hair back to blond. My hair was so damaged that I was actually experiencing chemical breakage. It was a mess.

I read a bunch of reviews on this product and bought it in hopes of strengthening my poor hair. Well, this stuff stinks (literally!) It really does have an awful smell. But good news, it delivers!

I followed the directions super carefully, and my hair is like a whole new head of hair. The two-step protein treatment really put the elasticity and strength back in my hair. I deep conditioned afterwards, and now my hair is as soft as ever. Needless to say, I'm beyond pleased. If you have weak, bleach-damaged hair, give this stuff a try. I've tried EVERYTHING under the sun, and this provides the fastest results. This will be my go-to pre-bleach treatment from now on.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by jammer72

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My hair did NOT like this. My hair was in terrible condition after using Sebastian Cellophanes. I had lots of breakage and dryness from that so really needed a restorative treatment. Bought and applied this per instructions and my hair was not a smidge better. Maybe worse now! Still dry, frizzy and breaking off. Do not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by oddelabop

I bought this product, as being a member of the LHC it is recommended by a few members- Also I am slightly obsessed with the upkeep of my hair.

Quick description of my hair, hip-length blonde hair which is in good conditions but I use highlights - no bleach - but colour every 2 months or so on the roots.

I have previously used the 2-minute Keratin reconstructor. So I thought I'd give this a whack particularly after reading the many many reviews on this product.

I was a bit hesitant as some people said that the condition of their hair afterwards was even worse and drier after using it, which made me slightly nervous. So on top of this i bought the condtioner recommended, Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner and also this weird morroccan argan hair oil mask thing.

So everyone seems to complain about how the smell of this stuff is like rotten eggs and how messy it is. I can honestly say it wasn't that messy to apply and nor did it smell like rotten eggs. It smelt like chemicals, but nothing that was gonna burn the insides of your nose off! So yes - I then dried it with the hair drier as stated. And as someone else put on the reviews, my hair didn't go rock solid - just felt like i had absolutely overdosed on mousse and gel products.

After that - i washed it out and i have to say it came out very easily. The product i could tell was lasting in my hair however I did notice that my hair was drier. So I then overloaded on the conditioner dried it off and styled as usual.

Can honestly say, breakage in my hair has reduced and it feels like silk. I would definitely reccommend this product as long as you buy AN INTENSIVE CONDITIONING treatment afterwards. I'll definitely be adding this to my hair regime.

So all in all nowhere near as scary as alot of people claim and definitely worthwhile using!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

My hair was going through an awful time and my hairdresser used this to stop the breaking. That was 3 years ago, and I've been a fan of the product line ever since. Protein treatments are tricky and on hair that is already dry, it can be a death-nail if not used correctly. Having relaxed, color-treated hair which already makes my hair dry, this is not a product I would use at home. However, Aphogee's 2-step protein treatment was my introduction to the Aphogee brand. Since, I have found other wonderful styling products within the rest of the product line that I use at home. I hear Aphogee has been around for ages, however, I had never heard of it until I really needed the help this 2-step protein treatment provided. I'm a fan!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by underage

So I bought this solely off of the reviews..which seem great. Left it on my hair and blow-dried it until it was pretty solid. Rinsed it out and then used the deep conditioner it came with for about half and hour. I noticed no difference in my hair. It seemed dryer. A few days later my hair is breaking off even worse and I'm losing tons of hair!! Every time I brush it clumps fall out!! The only thing I tried was this so it must have had a bad effect on my hair. Any suggestions on how to fix this please let me know :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by BuckNekked

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just tried this for the first time based off great reviews. This stuff delivers. It deposits protein in your hair, which is essential if you bleach it like me (or if you're a vegetarian like me!) As soon as I started rinsing it off in the shower, I could tell my hair texture was different and better. Once dry, it feels stronger and more manageable. The stuff is super stinky though. And the 2nd step (conditioner) has a grandma throwback scent, but I just pretended I was getting my hair done by Dolly Parton in Steel Magnolias. I imagine that's how that salon would smell. Hey maybe that's weird but it makes the process more fun!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by waterline

I'm currently doing the no-poo regime for my very bleached hair and just wanted to let any natural girls know that this stuff is magic for us too. Instead of shampooing before use, I just used my normal replacement for it, baking soda. This has increased the health of my hair like crazy. New HG product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by MbMinx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this product. I have used it several times over the years, whenever I remember that my hair likes protein. I always get great results. I definitely have to do both steps, though. I've got to have the moisture after my protein.

I've never used heat for the first step. I know that's what the directions say, but I don't have a good heat source available. That's OK. It works just fine - it just takes longer. My hair still dries rock hard. It takes some time to rinse it out gently, but it DOES come out. AFter that, the deep conditioner goes on until I feel like rinsing it out.
My hair comes out great, full of body and shine.