TheBalm BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer

4.2

Aqua, Ethylhexyl Methoxcinnamate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer/Isohexadecane/Polysorbate 60, Styrene/Dvb Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate [+/- Ci 77891, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499]

I have very dry skin - especially in the winter - and this is the only foundation type product my skin will tolerate on a daily basis. The colors are a bit orangey when you first dispense the product, but fear not, it sheers out once on the skin and doesn't leave you looking like an oompa loompa. It does a great job of covering my redness (I have rosacea) but still looking natural. This is not a full coverage makeup by any means, but it's great for daytime/work/running errands. I do use moisturizer before putting on this product, but only because I have dry skin and like a dewy look. If you have oily skin, I highly doubt you'll need moisturizer and you can have a flawless face in one step. Like all theBalm products, this doesn't break me out either.

on 1/16/2013 6:34:00 PM

I really like this tinted moisturizer, it can go on sheer or a bit more covered which is perfect. In the summer it's light enough to not make me feel like I'm bathing in cream though it does need a good powder/blotting after a while. In winter it's great as it moisturizes and covers while not getting as shiny/oily from the heat.

on 12/22/2012 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really really wanted to like this since I like sheer coverage but it is not suitable for my oily skin. It s not bad product though it s just not for me.

on 12/17/2012 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i really like this. i hated it at first, because i am used to putting on my TM when my face is damp, but with this one, it caused my skin to suck up all the moisture and look dry.

now i put it on after my face is dry, and it covers well. moisturizes, evens out my skin tone and is not greasy. it really gives me that natural feel with some coverage.

i usually like TM with some color, and I was worried light/medium would be too light, WRONG! it was actually a bit dark. it was more of a medium.. kind of changed color on me.

i will repurchase in light

on 12/8/2012 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have dry skin, and light in skin tone. I have tried many foundations which dry out my pretty good skin, and many TM and BB creams from high cost to low cost. This is a winner. I do wish it did not have SPF and I always use my own SPF and SPF further dries out my skin when I do not need it. I use a 25X Magnifiying mirror to see if the product sits on my skin, or disappears into the skin. This is a winner. It just sinks in, unlike most other BB creams and TM, you can't see it. Great for the no make up look while having some protection against the elements (my face gets red with any wind, air, just about anything these days). I add a slight pink of lipstick or blusher to my cheeks, and a highllighter, slight make up to the eye area, and push in a bit of lipstick to my lips an I have that sheer no make up effect. Not bad for pushing 50. Price - bought on Haute Look for $13.00 for 2 oz. That is a steal of a deal. Will last forever. This beats out the LM that I now use, and the many that I have tried in the past that seem to sit on the skin, or give me almost no coverage at all. Very happy with the Balm. Also love the Balms Away make up remover for travel (note: this is mostly pressed mineral oil and I use the cheap mineral oil for $2.00 for a huge bottle at home). No reason to pay more less you are traveling and need something handy.

The packaging is GREAT as I love a tube that you just squeeze out what you need on your hands and rub into your face.

THE ONLY NEGATIVE: It is a tad grey on my peachy pink skin, but it blends out very sheer with decent coverage; so my skin does not look dull or grey.

on 11/19/2012 10:01:00 PM

I hope this is still around when I need it. The light medium is really nice and I will need sunscreen for this coming summer. Looks very natural and less greasy than others I have tried.

on 10/28/2012 7:46:00 AM

The best tinted moisturizer i have tried so far .. Not really like it . The lightest shade is still too dark for me so it makes my skin looks so dim. Not good coverage at all .. It cant cover anything, but it moisturizes my skin well.

on 9/30/2012 6:32:00 AM

I really love this. I was on a foundation kick for awhile but I realized sometimes I just look too made on a daily basis and I wanted something that looked more natural. I got this in the color Medium and it matches my skin perfectly! Most of the foundations I have are a little off, so I was happy to have something that matched me spot on for once. It's super easy to blend and covers better than other TM's i've tried, but I still have to use some concealer for dark spots. It gives a dewy finish so I just use powder over it. It looks like my skin, but better which is what I was looking for. The only thing is that it doesn't seem to last very long on me, but I do live in a humid climate so that's probably why. And unfortunately, I can't find it in my local stores, so I have to purchase it online. Other than that, it's overall just a great TM for everyday.

on 8/26/2012 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Another great product from TheBalm. I have very dry skin and this applies like a dream. It's very smooth and doesn't emphasize any dry patches on my face. The coverage is exactly what I would expect from a tinted moisturizer; light enough to cover up some redness and provide a fantastic base for concealer for more severe blemishes and acne scarring. I think it has a noticeable scent at first, sort of like sunscreen (it has SPF 18) but not so... chemically. This disappears after it's on though, thankfully. It is a water based product and is not remotely greasy, but it does seem more prone to melting on very humid days, but I have worn it quite a bit in the summer and just set it with either TheBalm Sexy Mama or MAC MSFN. This gives it some staying power, but it doesn't lose the nice dewy look it leaves on the skin. There are very limited shades but the light works well on me: I'm about an NW15 in the summer, so I am very fair. I definitely recommend this product and think it's worth the full price, although it's an even better value if you can snag it from TJMaxx or Hautelook!

on 8/13/2012 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love, love, love!!! Finally I found my HG tinted moisturizer!

Top Rated TheBalm Products