December 19, 2014 | 1581 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - TheBalm - BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 7:46:00 AM More reviews by mintchyy

The best tinted moisturizer i have tried so far .. Not really like it . The lightest shade is still too dark for me so it makes my skin looks so dim. Not good coverage at all .. It cant cover anything, but it moisturizes my skin well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 6:32:00 AM More reviews by julieejuicee

I really love this. I was on a foundation kick for awhile but I realized sometimes I just look too made on a daily basis and I wanted something that looked more natural. I got this in the color Medium and it matches my skin perfectly! Most of the foundations I have are a little off, so I was happy to have something that matched me spot on for once. It's super easy to blend and covers better than other TM's i've tried, but I still have to use some concealer for dark spots. It gives a dewy finish so I just use powder over it. It looks like my skin, but better which is what I was looking for. The only thing is that it doesn't seem to last very long on me, but I do live in a humid climate so that's probably why. And unfortunately, I can't find it in my local stores, so I have to purchase it online. Other than that, it's overall just a great TM for everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by amlheureux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Another great product from TheBalm. I have very dry skin and this applies like a dream. It's very smooth and doesn't emphasize any dry patches on my face. The coverage is exactly what I would expect from a tinted moisturizer; light enough to cover up some redness and provide a fantastic base for concealer for more severe blemishes and acne scarring. I think it has a noticeable scent at first, sort of like sunscreen (it has SPF 18) but not so... chemically. This disappears after it's on though, thankfully. It is a water based product and is not remotely greasy, but it does seem more prone to melting on very humid days, but I have worn it quite a bit in the summer and just set it with either TheBalm Sexy Mama or MAC MSFN. This gives it some staying power, but it doesn't lose the nice dewy look it leaves on the skin. There are very limited shades but the light works well on me: I'm about an NW15 in the summer, so I am very fair. I definitely recommend this product and think it's worth the full price, although it's an even better value if you can snag it from TJMaxx or Hautelook!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by malena79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Love, love, love!!! Finally I found my HG tinted moisturizer!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by TheresaK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

The best tinted moisturizer I've tried to date!
Applies like a dream. Makes my skin feel comfortable and once it's on you can't feel it on your face. Coverage is good for a TM. Very light weight and almost has a powder-like finish. I'm NW15 and this doesn't look orange or yellow like a lot of TM or BBs seem to be.
It has no scent which I like in a face product. I like a squeeze tube for packaging cause I feel like I can get most of the product out, and they're easy to cut open to get the last bits out.
I think the value for money is great. You get a lot of product for the price which is always good! I think I will repurchase this next summer when I retire my foundations for the season.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by weezee111

I love this product. In fact, I love this entire band! They are completely underrated. The tinted moisturizer has a medium coverage, doesn't break out my acne prone skin, and the sunscreen really does it's job! I have actually been able to find this at Marshall's a few times for $12.00. Keep your eyes open ladies!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by makeupchic70

Nice, smooth coverage for when my skin is clear. Great for weekend-light/natural-look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I fell in love with TheBalm after joining MUA. This really is a great tinted moisturizer. It provides a non streaky, and good coverage. I have some other Beauty Balm creams so I am switching it up to use them all. I think my makeup actually looks better the days I use this. I just wish I could buy some locally and have a counter to check out the colors in person. If you are looking at trying this, do not hesitate. It is worth every penny.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 5:28:00 AM More reviews by blairrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Really love this product. Provides decent coverage for a tinted moisturizer. It doesn't make me look like an oil slick if I set it with powder. It does have a scent to it but its not bothersome, its a very fresh smell that fades. The only issue I have with this is that sometimes the product near the opening gets gunky and thick but its no biggie.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am in LOVE with this moisturizer!!!! I have been searching for a good TM that won't look streaky on my face and this is it!!!
It has enough coverage that it evens out the skin tone and hides any redness however it does not have enough coverage to hide blemishes which is ok with me because it's such a lightweight TM. It does not feel like I have anything on my face which is what I like. It has spf 18 which is great!!!
This is never given me break outs but I remember the first time I wore it it felt heavy on my skin but now it does not feel like I have anything on.
A lot of people have complained that it's too yellow based but since I have more of a tan it works a lot better on my skin.
I love the packaging! It's a tube so it's very hygienic and it's easy to travel with!
I will most definitely repurchase this! I got this on hautelook.com for $10 so if you just want to try this wait until thebalm is back on the website instead of paying $25 on their website.