TheBalm BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer

4.2

Aqua, Ethylhexyl Methoxcinnamate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer/Isohexadecane/Polysorbate 60, Styrene/Dvb Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate [+/- Ci 77891, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499]

on 4/25/2013 7:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have always hated tinted moisturizer because I felt they did nothing. Too sheer and not moisturizing enough. However it all changed once I purchased TheBalm's tinted moisturizer.

I use the shade light (I am NC20, Nars Gobi, Chanel B10) and it blends nicely into my skin. The texture is lovely, it is not to thick but not too runny. The coverage is light, but it evens my skin and covers minor redness very well. It also lasts on my oily/combo skin, but I always set my face with powder.

on 4/8/2013 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

An amazing product! This falls somewhere between and a TM and a foundation, but is not a BB cream. I love every TheBalm product I have tried, and BalmShelter is not a disappointment. It is just. So. Creamy. It blends like a dream, so luxurious feeling but doesn't go on heavy. This is the quintessential your skin but better product. I have normal cheeks and a tzone that becomes slightly oily under makeup after 6 hours and it works just fine for me; never becomes an oil slick. I don't mind the dewy look so I don't find I need to powder or touch up during the day. Anyway it will probably be too rich for oily skintypes, and although the medium shade runs a tad dark on me in the winter I'm not yet sure how it will fare in the summer months. For dry skin- your skin will love this! On normal-dry types, alike to Revlon's 24H Colorstay Whipped Foundation, it has this amazing tendency to sink into your skin throughout the day, yet maintain coverage, so that it looks better and better the longer you have it on. The amount of product you get is huge and the coverage is lighter but really gorgeous. It doesn't cover every imperfection but is especially good for hiding redness. The coverage is slightly malleable depending on how much product you use, but it blends in seamlessly in any amount. I use bb creams and TMs in rotation so can't tell if it breaks me out, but most things don't (the only thing that has made my skin react was the L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB; it gave me burning, irritated patches on my eyelids and cheeks). This TM runs dark from the packaging indicator. Because of how emollient it is, apply with your hands. Great product.

on 3/22/2013 1:15:00 PM

I tried this tinted moisturizer in light/medium, mainly due to the great reviews it gets. It certainly deserves them - what a super TM! Smooth, creamy, spreads like a dream, good coverage (light -med I would say). Looks beautiful on - dewy, glowy, your skin but better. Doesn't look like a heavy makeup at all. You get a good amount of product for the price (about CDN30). Sadly, though I really loved this TM - it broke me out :o( It contains isopropyl myristate which is comedogenic (I in fact went through my entire makeup drawer and pulled out everything I suspected was causing breakouts - and they *all* contained this ingredient; believe it's used for texture/creaminess). TheBalm TM deserves its 4-star rating but sadly I will not be repurchasing! (as an aside - I've found L'Oreal Youth Code BB to be very similar in coverage and finish and it does not break me out).

on 3/18/2013 12:57:00 PM

I've been looking for a good tinted moisturizer for a while now. Every one that I tried didn't rub in all that well. I found this, and I'm hooked. It actually gives pretty good coverage. I don't have acne or scars, just a little uneven skin tone, and this evens it all out. It rubs in like a dream. It smells good (it's kind of a sunscreen smell, it doesn't stick around though if that bothers you). It lasts quite a while. I had it on until 11 at night (after putting it on around noon) and it looked fine.

I debated buying light or light/medium after I read a few reviews where people with NC/NW 25 skin tone said light/medium was a smidge too light (I'm between NC15 and NC20, more closer to 15 though, for reference). I ended up going with light and I'm glad I did. I think I could even make light work in the summer time when I'm NC20.

on 3/5/2013 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I started buying this product since 2011. It started off with my mistake of wanting to buy it because I thought it on sale when really, it wasn't xD
But I went ahead to buy anyway! Haha.

Anyway, I've went through probably 5-6 tubes. Looooove it!
Except the fact that where I live, this stuff is the kinda expensive and it is probably the most expensive beauty product that I own.
(I have oily/combination skin and I use the color 'Light/Medium')

Pros:
<3 Great coverage for a frickin tinted moisterizer
<3 Decent color range that can match light-dark skintones
<3 Dewy finish(yes I like dewy finish even though I have oily skin. I don't really like matte finish.)

Cons:
<3 Expensive(it's $39.90 in where I live)

Alright, that is all folks!

Try it and hope you will like it as much as I do! :D

I have very dry skin - especially in the winter - and this is the only foundation type product my skin will tolerate on a daily basis. The colors are a bit orangey when you first dispense the product, but fear not, it sheers out once on the skin and doesn't leave you looking like an oompa loompa. It does a great job of covering my redness (I have rosacea) but still looking natural. This is not a full coverage makeup by any means, but it's great for daytime/work/running errands. I do use moisturizer before putting on this product, but only because I have dry skin and like a dewy look. If you have oily skin, I highly doubt you'll need moisturizer and you can have a flawless face in one step. Like all theBalm products, this doesn't break me out either.

on 1/16/2013 6:34:00 PM

I really like this tinted moisturizer, it can go on sheer or a bit more covered which is perfect. In the summer it's light enough to not make me feel like I'm bathing in cream though it does need a good powder/blotting after a while. In winter it's great as it moisturizes and covers while not getting as shiny/oily from the heat.

on 12/22/2012 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really really wanted to like this since I like sheer coverage but it is not suitable for my oily skin. It s not bad product though it s just not for me.

on 12/17/2012 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i really like this. i hated it at first, because i am used to putting on my TM when my face is damp, but with this one, it caused my skin to suck up all the moisture and look dry.

now i put it on after my face is dry, and it covers well. moisturizes, evens out my skin tone and is not greasy. it really gives me that natural feel with some coverage.

i usually like TM with some color, and I was worried light/medium would be too light, WRONG! it was actually a bit dark. it was more of a medium.. kind of changed color on me.

i will repurchase in light

on 12/8/2012 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have dry skin, and light in skin tone. I have tried many foundations which dry out my pretty good skin, and many TM and BB creams from high cost to low cost. This is a winner. I do wish it did not have SPF and I always use my own SPF and SPF further dries out my skin when I do not need it. I use a 25X Magnifiying mirror to see if the product sits on my skin, or disappears into the skin. This is a winner. It just sinks in, unlike most other BB creams and TM, you can't see it. Great for the no make up look while having some protection against the elements (my face gets red with any wind, air, just about anything these days). I add a slight pink of lipstick or blusher to my cheeks, and a highllighter, slight make up to the eye area, and push in a bit of lipstick to my lips an I have that sheer no make up effect. Not bad for pushing 50. Price - bought on Haute Look for $13.00 for 2 oz. That is a steal of a deal. Will last forever. This beats out the LM that I now use, and the many that I have tried in the past that seem to sit on the skin, or give me almost no coverage at all. Very happy with the Balm. Also love the Balms Away make up remover for travel (note: this is mostly pressed mineral oil and I use the cheap mineral oil for $2.00 for a huge bottle at home). No reason to pay more less you are traveling and need something handy.

The packaging is GREAT as I love a tube that you just squeeze out what you need on your hands and rub into your face.

THE ONLY NEGATIVE: It is a tad grey on my peachy pink skin, but it blends out very sheer with decent coverage; so my skin does not look dull or grey.

Top Rated TheBalm Products