E.L.F. Eyeliner Brush

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

I love this brush! I use it every day to fill in my eyebrows. I have the MAC 208 and find it too soft to get a defined line, I find this brush is stiff enough to deposit a lot of color and makes it easy to blend it into my natural brows. It's easy to clean and it's only a dollar! I highly recommend this brush!!

on 7/4/2009 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

For a dollar, it does the job. You get what you pay for.

on 7/4/2009 11:25:00 PM

I just didnt like this brush at all. I use eyeliner brushes to apply eyeshadow as my liner and this brush was a tad bit too hard and stiff to do a good job. The bristles won't spread out any which makes it hard to create a natural line around the corners of your eye. You really can't beat the price... i just will stick to my angled brush for my liner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

great for gel/cream eyeliner but needs to be replaced more often than other brands sephora has the same type of brush but it lasts forever it has probbably paid for itself by now ( not having to buy elf brushes 3 times a year and it has been 4-5 yrs)

on 5/27/2009 5:22:00 PM

This was my first eyeliner brush and I used it for a while but now I've moved on to better ones - the NYX ones aren't bad. This one does its job for a dollar but it doesn't really give the best control. The bristles feel like straws on your eyes so you have to basically blot on the liner as opposed to strokes just so it doesn't hurt as much. I stopped using it since I got my NYX brush and eventually I just threw it away.

on 5/26/2009 11:09:00 AM

This is my first eyeliner brush.
Before I had my ecotools angled liner brush, I used this brush religiously eventhough it's a bit flimsy to apply e/s as an eyeliner.
I stopped using it for quite awhile until I read about a review from MUAer who uses this brush to apply her gel/cream liner.
So, I tried that with my WetnWild cream liner and it worked amazing :)
I tried applying the gel liner using my ecotools brush but the ELF brush did a much better job.
The flimsy-ness of this brush actually works well with the gel liner in forming the perfect thickness of the line and wing at the end.

I wouldn't buy this product again because I know I'll be using my current one for a very long time :)

on 5/7/2009 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is the best eyeliner brush that i have ever used. I like that the bristles are a light color so you can see how much product is on the brush. This brush creates a perfectly straight line very close to the lash line. I think I'm going to order 5 more so that I am set for years. I think some of the previous reviews are referring to the old styled brush. The new one is so much better I'll post a picture. I use the HIP gel eyeliners and this works perfectly with them.

on 3/31/2009 10:41:00 AM

I been using this brush for a few days now and I really like it. I noticed that they updated their eyeliner brush. Last year there was a bigger eyeliner brush but when i went to the dollar store they have a different eyeliner brush from that. This one that I am reviewing is the newer one which is much smaller but it is still straight not angular. I use this with my cream eyeliner from HIP and it works really well. I clean it and none of the hair came out as of yet. I also like the fact that the brush is straight and not angular because I can easily press on my my cream eyeliner on my lower lash line much more precisely when I want a more natural look. N it's only ONE DOLLAR, you cant go wrong with that. This brush works better than my shu eyeliner brush that cost 10 dollars.

on 3/29/2009 1:36:00 AM

I do not recommend this product if you want to use this for lining your eyes. The brush is thick. Therefore, it is difficult to control and can get messy.

If you want to buy this to use for your eyebrows, I think it would work better for just that.

on 3/19/2009 8:20:00 AM

The moment I ran my fingers across the stiff bristles, I knew this would be a challenge. The bristles are so stiff, they hurt and tug at my lashlines when I try to use it. I've always been working with angled liner brushes so I decided to snip them off at an angle. It did work better for me this way. However, nothing can be done about the stiff bristles so it's a lesson learnt for me.

Popular Makeup Brushes