Clinique Different Lipstick - Angel Red

4.2

castor seed oil - candelilla wax - caprylic/capric triglyceride - cetyl acetate - isopropyl myristate - beeswax - lanolin oil - myristyl lactate - avocado oil - ozokerite - carnauba wax - acetylated lanolin alcohol - ascorbyl palmitate - tocopherol - bht - [ /-mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - carmine (ci 75470) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - orange 5 (ci 45370) - red 22 lake (ci 45380) - red 27 lake (ci 45410) - red 28 lake (ci 45410) - red 33 lake (ci 17200) - blue 1 (ci 42090) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - yellow 5 (ci 19140) - yellow 6 (ci 15985) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - yellow 6 lake (ci 15850) - red 7 lake (ci 15850) - red 30 (ci 73360) - red 36 (ci 12085)]

on 11/11/2005 12:07:00 PM

I love this lipstick. On my unpigmented lips, it is a sheer neutral red that is always easy to wear and always brightens my face without being bright itself. I can wear it when I want color but anything else seems as though it would take too much work. And I always get compliments when I wear it, which is nice. For reference, I have fair neutral skin, dark green eyes, dark brown hair.

on 11/11/2005 10:16:00 AM

Definitely my all-time favourite red lipstick. Pure, unadulterated red. The texture is lovely and creamy, and yet it stays on very well. It's classy enough to wear every day if I wanted to (but I don't!).

on 10/21/2005 2:13:00 PM

Angel Red is a beautiful shade of red. I consider it neutral to cool in tone - it is not too blue-based, however, and there is no warmth in it. The formula is on the sheer side, and it can be layered for more intensity of color. I like to wear it sheerer during the day, apply it heavier for evening wear, it looks great either way. The finish is softly glossy and is comfortable on the lips.

on 8/30/2005 4:13:00 PM

This shade is a beautiful bluish red that goes on very smooth. i have dry lips, but it never caked on me. Excellent product:)

on 8/18/2005 2:23:00 PM

Have you ever actually tried to find a wearable DAYTIME red that didn't actually have some undertone of blue or pink? Well, I finally found it, though I'm not surprised because Clinique has come through for me in every makeup dilemma. I tried on just about every red shade they had because the salesperson looked like a deer in headlights when I asked her to help me, so I took it upon myself and knew right away, once applied, that this was it. I have dark brown hair, medium-light skin and medium green eyes. This stuff makes me feel like a celebrity! Sadly, too many hot days in my car has rendered it almost useless in the metal tube but I will be returning for this wonderful standby that every woman should have in her makeup bag!

on 5/2/2005 7:07:00 AM

angel red is a great, wearable color. i like to pair it with glosses and on me it isn't red; it's kind of sheer deep pink. it shows up a great red if i wear it with NARS gloss in scandal, and a great golden deep pink with cargo lip quad in compass. the texture is also really nice, like silk. i have repurchased twice alread and plan to do so again. i've been wearing this color since i was 12!

on 3/7/2005 9:56:00 PM

I tried this one based on the good reviews because I was looking for a great neutral wearable red. Granted, I have very fair skin, so my definition of neutral and wearable may be quite different from others. I thought this was still pretty bright and leaning to the cool side. Like the formula, however, it gives this shade a translucent quality that is quite nice. This wasn't "the one" so I guess I'll keep looking.

on 2/11/2005 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This color is red without being LOUD--just right for the office or a casual date. The formulation is o.k. but it has to be continually reapplied during the day. It's one of my faves!

on 11/28/2004 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

it turned fuschia on me. I was so diasspointed because I had hear it was a great wearable red for PPPs. the tube is pretty though....

on 10/28/2004 12:28:00 AM

Got this in a GWP. It's a surprisingly decent red on my red-abhorrent lips, but not wearable enough for everyday. The formulation is decent though it has that Clinique lipstick smell and taste. If I ever run out of my full-size tube (haha yeah right) I won't replace it.

Recommended for Medium Skin