September 20, 2014 | 1173 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Extra Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2008 1:14:00 AM More reviews by bruinsbaby119

Not a bad product..takes off eyeshadow no problem, but because the pads are so friggen huge it's awkward to take mascara off with.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Nebula711

I liked this stuff to remove eyeshadow but it doesn't work that well for waterprof mascara. I had to rub it alot more and was afraid my lashed would fall off haha. But for everyday eyeshower remover this works really well and doesn't irritate my eyes or make them feel sticky like the Almay pads did. I use ponds cold cream for tougher makeup after I remove the majority with these pads. I will repurchase because they are easy for night when I'm tired and don't wanna wash off all my makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2008 12:17:00 AM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ohhh darn it !!!!! Why on earth I bought this one at Wallgreens. I misread the Neutrogena eyemakeup remover on MUA here. I thought this one is a good one. Shooottt !!! I'm so disappointed with this pads. I like the large pad size, you can use one for both eyes. The negatives are it's not moisten on both sides enough, one side is dry. 2nd thing, it's so "hard" to remove the mascara out of my lashes eventhough I gently tap it or press it against my eyes. I lost one or two lashes everytime I use this pad. What a bummer, I thought it was my Kanebo Cofret D'or new mascara some kind of waterproof or something. So TOUGH to remove the mascara and it kinda sting my eyes since I also wear contacts. I can't wait for my DHC Deep Cleansing Oil arrives in the mail soon. I discard the receipt, so...well can't return it. I'm super disappointed, arghhhhh!!!! I don't wanna loose anymore lashes since I have thin Asian lashes. DON'T BUY!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2008 3:21:00 AM More reviews by cyberseraphim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well... I sleep in my mascara, so I don't use this for that purpose. I prefer to use this to remove my foundation and eye shadow. It does a nice job of getting rid of my eyeliner as well. I gave a lippie off because the name of the product is EYE makeup remover but I don't use it for that.
I don't want anything touching my skin that will sting, burn, be greasy, make me break out, or melt my face off. These pads are gentle, yet get all my makeup off. They don't dry my face out either. I'd rather sleep in my makeup than annoy my face with agitating chemicals... just my thoughts on the idea.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2008 12:56:00 AM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I gave this a 2 only because the pads where really soft and I liked the way they felt (in my hand), it completely removed my eye makeup and the pads were a nice size. I also only gave it a 2 because it burned my eyes and I had to use my regular, though less effective all in one towelettes by Life to wash off the stinging neutrogena. The product I bought just said "eye makeup remover pads" on it, no "extra gentle" so I hope I am posting in the right place. It was in a small round jar with a screw on top, blue neutrogena label, and the pads are not saturated in the remover they just feel only slightly damp. I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2008 1:24:00 AM More reviews by rainsong27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These things are crap....I lost lashes and you have to rub just to remove the makeup....I'll stick to my greasy almay pads....a least I don't lose lashes.....I'll never buy these things again.....if I could give this product 0 lippies I would....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by tC_girl

This is OK for removing eye makeup, even waterproof mascara, but it's not GREAT. The only problem was the pads weren't soaked with enough remover as I'd have preferred. I only bought this one over my regular bottle because I thought they'd be quicker and more convenient (as opposed to soaking cotton balls in makeup remover first). After I run out, however, I do plan to go back to my beloved Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover, cotton balls or not. (Now THAT one is awesome!)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2008 3:42:00 AM More reviews by teekay01

I actually think these work! I was getting tired of getting cotton in my eye with the usual two step process of wetting the cotton pad with a remover solvent. These pads are slightly on the dry side, but it works for me... maybe because I'm not Tammy Faye with the eye MU. This was a 2fer deal, so it made me want to try. So far so good.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2008 11:11:00 PM More reviews by lillian1717

I originally really loved this product, tightly sealed jar, easy to carry around (I travel a lot), and the pads really are very soft. However, every time I used my normal eye makeup remover, I would realize just how much I had to rub my eyes with the neutrogena pads, which pretty diminished the point of them being "gentle." Sometimes I had to rub so much that the eyes around my skin would be irritated and my eyes would sting as well. I usually take my eye makeup off first, then wash my face..and every time, regardless of how much or little makeup I was wearing, it would leave dark rings under my eyes, I'd have to use another pad, and I'd "think" that I finally got all the makeup off, and then the following morning, I would STILL see makeup smears. I try to be extremely good about not sleeping with any makeup on, and this was definitely not helping. I've given up on the convenience of these pads and am back to the normal liquid + cottonb ball routine.

The price is also pretty high for not that many pads, especially if you are using one a day.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Libbycam

Neutrogena's Extra Gentle Eye Makeup Remover pads are large & soft and really would be better off as toner pads. When it comes to removing eye makeup, these do about little to almost nothing. In fact, when I first opened the jar, they were so dry that I poured some liquid eye makeup remover over the top and stored the jar upside down to really soak them through. But it only minimally improved their removal qualitites. I do not recommend these and nor will I repurchase.