December 17, 2014 | 1809 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Boots - Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by curlylaura

I don't wear a lot of eye makeup but this works well enough at getting my mascara and concealor off. It is very oily though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like the idea of shaking the bottle to mix the ingredients before using, it feels like the ingredients are nice and fresh prior to using. It's reasonably effective at removing eye make-up in one sweep, but it is so OILY. A second sweep over the eyes does not successfully remove the greasy residue. When I wash my face after using this product, I feel like I'm then spreading the oil around my face. This has not necessarily made me break out or anything, but it can't be good. I guess this product leaves the eye area moisturised, but it's not for me, A minor blip in the wonderful Botanics range.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by HillClimbinGirl

I have to say I am partial to this product although I wouldn't recommend it without a couple of warnings. Since it is bi-phasal you do need to shake vigorously. I find that if I give it a really good shake, I do have enough time to do both eyes before it separates. If it is taking me longer than normal...I just shake again. I lightly wipe my eyes after with a soft dry cloth, it picks up most of the oil left behind. It then does not sting them. But if I forget this step...my eyes will retaliate.
It leaves my eyes feeling soft and leaves my skin to easily absorb my eye cream. With my last remover I had to wait about 20 minutes before I could apply the eye cream, as it seemed to repel it.
I have not had any problems with the shape of the bottle as of yet, I am just careful since reading the warnings in the reviews.

I figure for the $6 I spent it is worth it. Plus the bottle will last me a long time,

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2008 2:30:00 AM More reviews by krystle823

I got this in a 3 part for $5 at Target.
The whole botanic packaging is so cute and i thought i would give this product a try. This eye makeup remover does the job and gets most stuff off. I like how is doesn't have any alcohol therefore it doesn't try out the area around the eye. This eye remover is super oily though. I've been getting white heads around my eye area...so I'm not going to rebuy.
But if you're not oily then this is great.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 1:56:00 PM More reviews by cocofabulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is just... meh. It gets eye make-up off with a little bit of work, but it separates in seconds, so you have to shake it every time you put more on a cotton wool pad. As others have said, it is VERY greasy. Won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2008 11:31:00 AM More reviews by blueblood91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

i ran out of my usual trusted remover so i picked this up at my local boots. it smells okay but it feels to be on the greasy side, and somehow, no matter how much product i use, it just doesn't completely remove my mascara or liquid liner. which is strange because it's an "eye makeup remover" so i figured it would have been designed to target against mascara and such. the price is okay as it comes in a large bottle with a screw top, but i could easily have gotten a better remover at a cheaper price (japanese brands often have these innovative removers that sound all hi-tech at affordable prices). will not repurchase. will probably not even use up this bottle since it's just too much trouble to first use this, and then use something stronger for whatever this remover fails to remove.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 11:38:00 AM More reviews by keahi

I was surprised to see how low the ratings were for this. I've gone through a whole bottle of this and have just repurchased. I'm partial to bi-phasal removers. Before this I was using MAC's Gently Off--which I loved--but when I ran out I didn't have time to make it to a MAC counter or order online so I ran down to my neighborhood Target and picked up some of this. I was only going to use it until I could replace my MAC, but then I liked it well enough that the $18 MAC started seeming less essential. This cost $9 at Target and you get a reasonably large bottle for the price. I don't wear waterproof mascara so this did a good job of removing--as decent as the MAC. I didn't notice my eyes being more irritated after using this--seems like everything irritates them anyways. In the past I've used MAC, Clarins, Lancome, Almay, and Neutrogena bi-phase removers and this holds it's own with those. If anything the Clarins was my favorite but it's $23--I'd rather buy something fun!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2008 8:41:00 AM More reviews by ejmj

This stuff smells great, feels great, but is not that great at removing all of my eye makeup. It kind of smears it around actually. Its good if you hardly wear any eye makeup, but if you wear a lot you may want to find something else.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2008 12:38:00 AM More reviews by eggiechan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was a recommended drugstore brand eye makeup remover. I don't like Neutrogena's bi-layer remover because it never seemed to remove everything....this stuff costs more than the Neutrogena makeup remover, and removes even less makeup. It also stings my eyes, which Neutrogena's didn't, and the two layers don't mix very well. Ridiculous. I can't wait until I use it up, since I feel bad pitching it only 1/4 used.

If you're at Target, stick with Sonia Kashuk's eye makeup remover ("Remove")...it costs slightly more (maybe $1US more), but it removes everything, even waterproof mascara. If they carried L'Oreal's Gentle bi-layer remover (not the blue stuff with the round cap - I think that's only single layer) in the US, that would be my HG remover, but unfortunately they don't, so I stocked up in Taiwan. :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by hedgehog2484

This product isn't that bad - but I don't think it's anything special, either.
It gets the job done and removed all my eye makeup well.
However, the remover is separated and it seems like as soon as you shake it up and go to use it ... it has started to separate again. It also leaves a lot of oil behind, which I don't care for. The oil is not a problem if I am going to jump in the shower afterwards, or something, but I don't know if I would like to leave it on my face all night.
I may repurchase if I need another eye makeup remover quickly rather than trying another product I don't know anything about. I don't plan on repurchasing any time soon because this was not staple material for me.