Boots Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua, cyclopentasiloxane, isohexadecane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetraria islandica (Iceland moss) extract, propylene glycol, methylparaben, sodium citrate, benzophenone-4, 2-bromo-2-nitroprophane-1, 3-diol, sorbitol, phenoxyethanol, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, CI 19140, CI 42090.

I absolutely love this! It works very well and for around 6 bucks it's the cheapest makeup remover I've found. The size is bigger than most as well so it's very economic. love it

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using Neutrogena's Oil-Free Waterproof Eye makeup remover for several years now, and this Boots product made me so much happier! It's much gentler and can take off all my waterproof eye makeup easily and NOT pull out my eyelashes (like the neutrogena one, which made me irritated). The only con I have about it is that you have to shake it very often and it's oily. I don't mind, because I tend to shake my removers very often (I want the mixture, not just one layer's liquid). Also, I usually wash my face right after removing the makeup anyways. Love this product!

consider the price, although it's not expensive, it's not worth it. it's $9 in CAD and i would rather buy a baby oil. it certainly is gentle to the eyes, despite a lit drying (and oily at the same time?!) doesnt remove makeup really fast (but if you spend time, ur mkup is gonna come off), you have to work it and use a lot of products. i seldom reach for this.

I've been using this product for almost a year now and I love it. I only wear waterproof mascara, and it takes it all off. It is a bit oily but that doesn't bother me. And it is also very cheap, which makes it even better. :-) I have repurchased repeatedly and I will continue to do so.

I have stopped using it since my last review and I took one lippy off because it contains parabens and I'm trying now to avoid them.

I am now using their organic eye make-up remover with olive oil.

Boots Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover is similar to Lancome Bi-facil. They both have 2 layers of liquid. Of course Boots version can't be compared to Lancome's but at a fraction of the price it can be considered a good product hence the 4 lippies.

(+)
- CHEAP
- gentle
- better than The Body Shop Camomile eye makeup remover

(-)
- have to shake like crazy to mix the 2 layers and they separate very quickly
- using the same cotton pad: Lancome Bi-facil -> wipe 2 times
Boots -> 3-4 times (but it's very gentle and your eyelids would be fine so this only means it takes more time)
- after using: Lancome Bi-facil -> eyelids a little oily
Boots -> very oily (I always clean my face with cleanser after removing makeup so it's fine)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't wear a lot of eye makeup but this works well enough at getting my mascara and concealor off. It is very oily though.

I like the idea of shaking the bottle to mix the ingredients before using, it feels like the ingredients are nice and fresh prior to using. It's reasonably effective at removing eye make-up in one sweep, but it is so OILY. A second sweep over the eyes does not successfully remove the greasy residue. When I wash my face after using this product, I feel like I'm then spreading the oil around my face. This has not necessarily made me break out or anything, but it can't be good. I guess this product leaves the eye area moisturised, but it's not for me, A minor blip in the wonderful Botanics range.

I have to say I am partial to this product although I wouldn't recommend it without a couple of warnings. Since it is bi-phasal you do need to shake vigorously. I find that if I give it a really good shake, I do have enough time to do both eyes before it separates. If it is taking me longer than normal...I just shake again. I lightly wipe my eyes after with a soft dry cloth, it picks up most of the oil left behind. It then does not sting them. But if I forget this step...my eyes will retaliate.
It leaves my eyes feeling soft and leaves my skin to easily absorb my eye cream. With my last remover I had to wait about 20 minutes before I could apply the eye cream, as it seemed to repel it.
I have not had any problems with the shape of the bottle as of yet, I am just careful since reading the warnings in the reviews.

I figure for the $6 I spent it is worth it. Plus the bottle will last me a long time,

I got this in a 3 part for $5 at Target.
The whole botanic packaging is so cute and i thought i would give this product a try. This eye makeup remover does the job and gets most stuff off. I like how is doesn't have any alcohol therefore it doesn't try out the area around the eye. This eye remover is super oily though. I've been getting white heads around my eye area...so I'm not going to rebuy.
But if you're not oily then this is great.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is just... meh. It gets eye make-up off with a little bit of work, but it separates in seconds, so you have to shake it every time you put more on a cotton wool pad. As others have said, it is VERY greasy. Won't repurchase.