January 28, 2015 | 1449 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Sheer City Block SPF 25

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Alesya1900

At first I had problems applying this sunblock. Once I applied it to wet skin, right after shower, it worked as magic. It doesn't like to be layered with other products. When I feel oily I put some powder on top. It stays all day. If my skin is dry-ish I use something else.
I found good alternative, it is more expensive but works great too - Up the Anti SPF 30.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Paisleyann

I like that this is an all physical sunscreen (since that's all I can wear).
I like that it has antioxidants and no fragrance. I like that I didn't get tanned all summer using it. I'm just finishing the tube which lasted all summer.....
........but I don't like it.
It's too heavy, thick, and makes my pores look larger. And yes....this is the Sheer City Block. It also leaves this strange cast to my face like a pearlessence. It doesn't look healthy.To be fair, I have been using physical sunscreen for years, and most are like this, it just sits on top of your skin. This one just felt heavier. I'll go back to my trusted Trader Joe's Enrich SPF15. I thought I would try something different, but Traders Joe's at $4.50 may be basic, but its light, effective, and doesn't make you look ill.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by LussyCakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Too greasy for me :( And it was hard to apply as well...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by tmmkitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Most sun screens for the face break me out, but this never has. It has antioxidants in it to help deflect free-radical damage ( the opaque packaging keeps them from degrading too), and it works as both my morning moisturizer and spf.
It absorbs well and doesn't give me a rash or make my sensitive skin act up. It's pricey for being only 1.4 oz of product, but it works so well it's worth it to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by SkinCare9

I didn't know what it meant by "sheer" at first, then when it finally came in the mail,
I tested it on my hand and noticed it looked like a thick foundation in a dark shade.

I blended it in to my hand/skin and it adapted to my skin colour, it left my hand feeling soft, smooth, glowing and radiant.

I couldn't wait to use it on my face and so I did the next morning.
It is absolutely fantastic. It also doubles as a primer as it fills in pores.
It's also non-chemical so it's safe to use around the eyes.
obviously it's fragrance free, but it doesn't bother me!

Definatly give this a try!
Don't be scared of the dark colour, I am actually extremly pale, and it did not make me look fake or as if I'd been use self-tanner or bronzer.

The SPF 25 is great, and the product it's is just perfect for me in general.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by alevenerus

This product really does wonders for me! I use it as a mosturizer/primer during summer (or really heat prone situations) and it helps me in so many ways: it nicely mosturizes my skin , works great as a primer, REALLY keeps the oiliness in control (I've been wearing it during extremely hot and humid days and it lasted for basically 12 hours under the strongest sun) and offers good sunscreen! The only downside is the tint: I'm slightly tanned right now and it does make me look a little more pale so I wear a foundation on top of it. Overall a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by blueginseng

I really love this product. It evens out my skin tone and noticeably covers my pores better than any other primer, foundation, and bb cream. And it is a best primer for other makeup added on. It has a spf 25 enough for everyday wear, sometimes my skin is pretty dry and I solely apply this one for a whole day and my face never gets flaky. Also, my skin is very sensitive, but this one never cause any redness or pimples. I'll definitely go for this one for everyday wear as a sunscreen and primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by madaket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for fifteen years, if you can believe that. During that time, I've tried many other sunscreens, but always come back to this. All-physical, doesn't irritate my eyes (like Skinceuticals did...) and is ok under mu. I can only think of two drawbacks: one, it needs a flip top lid or pump dispenser. How many times have I chased the little silver cap around the bathroom over the years? More than I can count. Two, I would like to be able to use it on my chest but learned the hard way that it permanently discolors clothes.

Small concerns compared to the problems other sunscreens have given me, though. I am 43 and get complimented frequently on my skin. I will most likely buy this for the rest of my life.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by nkar23

i find myself dissatisfied with most clinique products in general. especially their makeup & their skincare, which is ironic bc they claim to be great at skincare. this product was no different, in fact- this product sucked. it made my skin glittery, twilight-vampire style. im glad i got it as a sample & not a real purchased product. there are better sunscreens out there which are cheaper that dont make me shimmery. on my face. fail.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As I'm about to crack open my third tube of this I figured I'd put up a review. It's got HG status for me. I love it for these reasons:

- high spf
- uses titanium dioxide so it doesn't irritate my eyes like chemical sunscreens do (especially if I'm sweating and it runs into my eyes)
- tube packaging is great; I can get every last bit by cutting it open
- tube packaging is convenient size and weight for travel
- slight tint helps even out my skin tone (I am fair and this doesn't make me look muddy or orange. On some days, it basically acts as a tinted moisturizer.)
- sinks in well, doesn't show up in my pores
- doesn't break me out
- non greasy, so no shiny face like other sunscreens, just a slight dewy finish, not a super-matte mask
- price is reasonable, in fact on the cheaper side, for a high-end sunscreen
- does not roll off nor cause my foundation to roll off, so works well under make up
- some moisturizing ability
For me, this stuff is all upside with no downside. I will be using this for the foreseeable future.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No