Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 25

3.8

Ingredients: Active: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%), Zinc Oxide (6.9%), Other: Water, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Steareth-2, Stearyl Heptanoate, Aluminum Stearate, Silica, Lecithin, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Tristearate, Linoleic Acid, Polyquaternium-51, Caprylyl Methicone, Sorbitol, Sodium Rna, Phospholipids, Peg-40 Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytantriol, Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cellulose, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Stearyl Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Pantethine, Bisabolol, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Ceteth-2, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Steareth-20, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Sodium Stearate, Nylon-12, Citric Acid, Nylon-6, Hexylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Edta, Bht, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 10/8/2012 3:06:00 PM

My skin's become really sensitive the past couple years, probably from years of being a skincare junkie and using too many aggressive products. For the past two years, I've been looking for a great tinted moisturizer with non-chemical spf. I tried Jane Iredale, Aveda, Tarte and Too Faced's tinted moisturizers with mediocre results and moved onto this.

The pros: Contains titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, is antioxidant-rich, and has a built-in primer which leaves skin looking smooth and poreless.

The cons: It's very drying for normal and dry skin. After 15 minutes on, my face is unbearably tight and chalky -- in the hot, humid summer nonetheless. I've also noticed that my eyes become really watery and tight too. I tried adding a couple drops of jojoba oil to it, but it didn't help.

on 10/6/2012 10:37:00 PM

At first I had problems applying this sunblock. Once I applied it to wet skin, right after shower, it worked as magic. It doesn't like to be layered with other products. When I feel oily I put some powder on top. It stays all day. If my skin is dry-ish I use something else.
I found good alternative, it is more expensive but works great too - Up the Anti SPF 30.

on 10/6/2012 9:53:00 PM

I like that this is an all physical sunscreen (since that's all I can wear).
I like that it has antioxidants and no fragrance. I like that I didn't get tanned all summer using it. I'm just finishing the tube which lasted all summer.....
........but I don't like it.
It's too heavy, thick, and makes my pores look larger. And yes....this is the Sheer City Block. It also leaves this strange cast to my face like a pearlessence. It doesn't look healthy.To be fair, I have been using physical sunscreen for years, and most are like this, it just sits on top of your skin. This one just felt heavier. I'll go back to my trusted Trader Joe's Enrich SPF15. I thought I would try something different, but Traders Joe's at $4.50 may be basic, but its light, effective, and doesn't make you look ill.

on 8/2/2012 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Too greasy for me :( And it was hard to apply as well...

on 6/29/2012 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Most sun screens for the face break me out, but this never has. It has antioxidants in it to help deflect free-radical damage ( the opaque packaging keeps them from degrading too), and it works as both my morning moisturizer and spf.
It absorbs well and doesn't give me a rash or make my sensitive skin act up. It's pricey for being only 1.4 oz of product, but it works so well it's worth it to me.

on 6/27/2012 2:17:00 PM

I didn't know what it meant by "sheer" at first, then when it finally came in the mail,
I tested it on my hand and noticed it looked like a thick foundation in a dark shade.

I blended it in to my hand/skin and it adapted to my skin colour, it left my hand feeling soft, smooth, glowing and radiant.

I couldn't wait to use it on my face and so I did the next morning.
It is absolutely fantastic. It also doubles as a primer as it fills in pores.
It's also non-chemical so it's safe to use around the eyes.
obviously it's fragrance free, but it doesn't bother me!

Definatly give this a try!
Don't be scared of the dark colour, I am actually extremly pale, and it did not make me look fake or as if I'd been use self-tanner or bronzer.

The SPF 25 is great, and the product it's is just perfect for me in general.

on 6/21/2012 8:40:00 PM

This product really does wonders for me! I use it as a mosturizer/primer during summer (or really heat prone situations) and it helps me in so many ways: it nicely mosturizes my skin , works great as a primer, REALLY keeps the oiliness in control (I've been wearing it during extremely hot and humid days and it lasted for basically 12 hours under the strongest sun) and offers good sunscreen! The only downside is the tint: I'm slightly tanned right now and it does make me look a little more pale so I wear a foundation on top of it. Overall a great product!

on 6/7/2012 2:40:00 PM

I really love this product. It evens out my skin tone and noticeably covers my pores better than any other primer, foundation, and bb cream. And it is a best primer for other makeup added on. It has a spf 25 enough for everyday wear, sometimes my skin is pretty dry and I solely apply this one for a whole day and my face never gets flaky. Also, my skin is very sensitive, but this one never cause any redness or pimples. I'll definitely go for this one for everyday wear as a sunscreen and primer.

on 5/27/2012 8:15:00 PM

I have been using this product for fifteen years, if you can believe that. During that time, I've tried many other sunscreens, but always come back to this. All-physical, doesn't irritate my eyes (like Skinceuticals did...) and is ok under mu. I can only think of two drawbacks: one, it needs a flip top lid or pump dispenser. How many times have I chased the little silver cap around the bathroom over the years? More than I can count. Two, I would like to be able to use it on my chest but learned the hard way that it permanently discolors clothes.

Small concerns compared to the problems other sunscreens have given me, though. I am 43 and get complimented frequently on my skin. I will most likely buy this for the rest of my life.

on 5/23/2012 2:56:00 PM

i find myself dissatisfied with most clinique products in general. especially their makeup & their skincare, which is ironic bc they claim to be great at skincare. this product was no different, in fact- this product sucked. it made my skin glittery, twilight-vampire style. im glad i got it as a sample & not a real purchased product. there are better sunscreens out there which are cheaper that dont make me shimmery. on my face. fail.