September 16, 2014 | 1890 users online

Cleansers - Vichy - Purete Thermale Cleansing Micellar Lotion for face and eyes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by modestyblaise78

I like this cleanser a lot.
It is very gentle and simple.
I am one of those people not liking heavy and oily stuff on their face.
After applying this cleanser I really feel clean - and I don't need to wash my face afterwards...
I got this as a GWP, but I am definitely going to repurchase.
The one from Avene is very similar to it - for me, they feel the same, and they do the same job.
The great thing with these products is the fact that you don't need an extra toner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 7:24:00 PM More reviews by modestyblaise78

I like this cleanser a lot.
It is very gentle and simple.
I am one of those people not liking heavy and oily stuff on their face.
I got this as a GWP, but I am definitely going to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by SensitiveCC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have sensitive combo skin type, and I am using the 5th bottle of this. It removes all the makeup on my face including my eyes without irritating my skin. I use this every night to remove makeup or sunblock on my face, then I use cetaphil cleanser to clean again. Very nice solution for sensitive skin. I highly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 7:22:00 AM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very good micelar water. Gentle and effective. But I find Lancome's one better (I need less of the product to clean my face). But both are L'oreal's and I'll avoid them until they stop with animal-testing

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Nata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I re-purchesed this cleanser many times. I went trough LITERS of it. It was re-packaged, re-formulated and it seems that I buy it forever. I use it as a pre-cleanser step to remove my sunscreen and make-up in the evening. After that I use rinse-off foaming cleansers (like the feel of them, but they a not always take off my mascara and liner). Sometimes it comes in the pump dispenser, double size and at the great discount. I never had a reaction to this product and while I am not a fan of Vichy in general I stay very loyal to this product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 11:30:00 AM More reviews by GirlFromB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best.Cleanser.Ever. I've tried them all, and also different kinds of micellar waters, La Roche, Bioderma, Garnier ... this is the best stuff to get everything from your face and it's so gentle, it's better than clear water. I've been repurchasing ever since it came on the market here (like 2 years ago) and bulk buy in France where they sell this in giant pump bottles for very decent prices.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by saucymint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

7 Reasons why I love this cleanser:

1. It's from France! But it's available at CVS.

2. No water involved! I just squirt some on a cotton round, wipe over my face, and my makeup comes right off.

3. Appearance wise, it's unique. It's clear and looks just like water, which means no artificial colorants.

4. It's soothing and it calms my sensitive skin.

5. Because it's made with real rosewater, it smells like roses.

6. It may cost $13, but it lasts months. My first bottle lasted me from March through July.

7. Miraculously, it doesn't break me out.

I have just purchased my second bottle.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2007 8:26:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this. A gentle cleansing water, easy to use and affordable. Vichy is meant for sensitive skins in particular and contains Vichy Thermal Water. This Micellar Lotion has a faint smell of roses, feels like water on your face, removes all makeup, including (non-waterproof) eye makeup, is non-drying BUT it left my face and eyes red and itchy. Now I do have very sensitive skin, but I thought it would be fine considering the ingredients. I suppose it's the Vichy fragrance I cannot tolerate, because I've had the same problems with the samples of moisturizers (Thermal Fix 1 & 2). Kind of odd, because I can tolerate the Sebamed and RoC fragrance. Too bad, because this would be a great cleanser otherwise! I still highly recommend this cleanser to give it a try. Ingredients: aqua, hexylene glycol, glycerin, poloxamer 184, rosa gallica flower extract, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, disodium edta, propylene glycol, panthenol, dihydrocholeth-30, polyaminopropyl biguanide, fragrance.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2007 10:39:00 AM More reviews by OlgaI

Excellent product. I switched onto this from Bioderma Sensibio H2O which was my favorite cleanser for a longtime. But this one is Sensibio's upgrade for it has all the gentleness of micelle cleansing solution but doesn't leave grease residue like SH2O. And it removes eye makeup, too!
The best cleanser for me now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2007 3:08:00 PM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*PIC* I also wrote this review under: Cleansers, but i thought i would also include it in the category toners as it may be used as one.
This is a really nice cleanser. I love the fact that it's watery. I personally bought it to use for two reasons: 1. To use in the morning with a cotton pad (obviously :) when my skin is already rather clean and I do not want to use a cleanser that you need to wash off, and 2. To use as a toner when i remove my make-up with a milky cleanser beforehand (to take off any residue). Leaves my skin feeling super soft and hydrated which is a big plus in my book. No irritation nor breakouts. Retails for about 15.00 euros and is 400mls! Great bargain. It states that it is suitable for sensitive and fragile skin. (FYI my skin normal-dry dehydrated.

UPDATE: maroussi81 kindly let me know that Garnier's cleansing water is identical and retails for only 5 euros, so will give that a go also, plus, garnier's is fragrance free:
Garnier's ingredients: