Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner-Black

3.9

INGREDIENTS: cyclopentasiloxane, ozokerite, trimethylsiloxysilicate, polyethylene, phenyl trimethicone, candelilla cera ((euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax) cire de candelilla), tocopherol, sorbic acid, BHT, methylparaben, propylparaben, (mica), (iron oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)), (titanium dioxide (CI 77891)), (black 2 (CI 77266)), (ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510)), (carmine (CI 77470)), (ultramarines (CI 77007)).

on 4/24/2011 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this for tight-lining and on my waterline. Glides on smoothly and no smudging or fading!!! Doesn't smudge the best though, so ideal for those who like precise clean lines.

This is my HG eyeliner. It's really black, stays on all day, never smudges, even on my lower lids. It's the first eyeliner I've used that hasn't smudged under my eyes within an hour (including liquid eyeliners, which I hate because I like smokey eyes, and it takes FOREVER to do with liquid, and generally ends up running anyway.) My only issue is it's on the pricey side and the liner stick is prone to breaking if I'm not careful. Will repurchase forever. :)

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I like this product it does its sole main purpose as an eyeliner.

on 3/11/2011 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't know why I haven't reviewed this yet! It's the best pencil liner I have used from the drugstore. Why? Because it doesn't smudge! I usually have trouble trying to find a pencil liner that stays put on my waterline and upper lash line but this one never fails me. This glides on smoothly on the waterline and lash line, is super creamy and decently pigmented. I don't have to apply it hard to get a good dark line with this. It's probably not the best smudging liner, as it does stay put pretty well, but it can be smudged lightly for a smokey eye. I have fairly oily lids, and this didn't transfer to my crease. It stayed put without having to use a primer or anything like that. The twisting applicator makes it easy for people like me who are too lazy to sharpen their pencils, so that's also a huge plus from me. I would definitely be buying this again as I am running out. :)

on 3/2/2011 8:48:00 PM

Always on the hunt for a good black liner that will stay put, especially in the water line. I was so optimistic that this would be the right one and I even bought two (black and black/brown). As I mentioned in my other review for the black/brown colour, I liked the packaging, the color, and texture. Very pigmented and opaque black with a creamy texture with a smooth application. However, after 30 minutes it smudged and smeared like crazy in my waterline. It does stay on my lash line without smudging or fading as long as I set it with a shadow.

on 2/19/2011 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For a drugstore eyeliner, I have to say that this product is pretty impressive. Before, I was using Bare Escentuals Big and Bright eyeliner, which smudged like crazy and had no staying power, even with primer and/or black eye shadow. My brother's fiance uses this eyeliner so I decided to give it a try. I've used on my water line and and the color doesn't budge or smudge. They weren't kidding about the 16 hour long wear, that's for sure. I've also used it in between the spaces of my eyelashes to make my lashes look fuller and the pencil doesn't smudge, even when my eyes are watery. I've used it on my lash line as well and it works pretty well. It's not as soft as I'm used to but it's not advertised as such so no complaints there. I don't really see the point of the sharpener. I think the product would benefit from having a smudger there instead. If I want to sharpen my eyeliner pencil, I've got a sharpener that does just that. The price is very reasonable and much cheaper than Bare Escentuals, which doesn't have as many pros about it as this eyeliner. I hope I can find a dark purple of this eyeliner because I think that would be really nice to make the whites of my eyes whiter. Overall, good value and good quality for what you're paying for. It's worth trying and if you don't like it, you can always return it so it's a win/ win situation either way.

on 12/30/2010 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hands down the best e/l. I have UD zero and the only reason that pencil lasted me more than a yr is because I have stopped using it. I reach for my Colorstay instead. It is very pigmented and guaranteed to stay on your waterline. I also use this to tightline. It is affordable and is almost on sale at CVS every other wk.

on 12/8/2010 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

This product works ok, it did smudge on my lower lashline & it wears off within a few hours, as I have oily skin. I think it would work well with normal to dry skin. It's an automatic liner with an attached sharpener, if you like a point on your crayon. Also, setting it with black eyeshadow does extend the wearability of it, but I'd like to find a liner that I don't have to do that with.

on 11/29/2010 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this product. i have been using it for years and i'm not planning to stop. doesnt smear and stays on for hours

on 10/26/2010 4:00:00 PM

I have been looking for an everyday eyeliner because gel liner isn't easy to put on when you have a time crunch. This eyeliner is pretty good compared to the other cheap ones I have tried. It does kind of smudge after a long day because I have oily lids. There's usually a bit of transfer onto my outer lower lashline even though I only line the top. But the color doesn't really fade much throughout the day otherwise, so I don't really need to reapply. It glides on smoothly, but it's not super creamy, which I prefer. I tried tightlining my upper water line, which wasn't the best idea because it kept smudging on my lower lashline, but the color held up for a little while.