July 23, 2014 | 1133 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Fresh Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have normal slighty sensitive skin and am always on the look out for a good cleanser that will clean my skin, remove makeup (i double cleanse but i like knowing what a cleanser is capable of on its own - some days I'm in a rush and I want to be confident i'm getting the gunk off) and not irritate my skin. Add in decent pricepoint and I'm in heaven. Sadly this cleanser was not it. While the price is average for a drugstore product, this cleanser did something that no other cleanser I have tried has done, it BURNS MY EYES!!! I'm not talking slightly irritated, I'm taking burning, ring of fire in my eyes. Now, I don't mean I slather this sucker all over my eyes and it burns. No. I apply to my face with my eyes shut, I rinse and yet when I open them post rinsing my eyes burn. Each and every time. Now you might say - she's doing it wrong. Fair enough but I use all cleansers the same way and I have never had this happen - and for that reason alone I would never repurchase.

Pros - decent packaging and good cleansing properties - removes makeup well, doesn't over dry skin or leave a film.

Cons - burning eyes.
As with everything, YMMV, but if you get the chance, please do try before you buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have purchased this cleanser for several years. It removes all of my makeup and leaves my skin feeling fresh. It doesn't sting my eyes. It doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight. I do have remove some eye makeup residual after cleansing, but I don't mind that at all since I use Neutrogena eye makeup remover for that! This is my HG cleanser. I'd rather save money on the cleanser and spend more on the face creams and treatments. Very good purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is seriously amazing. It removes all of my makeup, waterproof mascara, foundation, ect. I use revlon colorstay foundation and we all know that stuff isn't easy to take off but what I do is just take a pump, massage it into my skin and I can just see the makeup melt off my face! Its so fantastic. After I wash my face it feels tight and fresh once again. This will always be my HG.

I have oily/combo/acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Jessrockstarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very dry, sensitive skin and this is the only facial cleanser i've ever used that didnt completely ruin my skin. Doesn't break me out, isn't drying at all, gets rid of all the makeup. It works beautiful. I mix this with baking soda to exfoliate and it works wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Femmeboi

I have sensitive combination skin that's prone to redness, blackheads, pimples, and dryness. This product was the very first facial cleanser I ever used, and it has been my standby for years. No matter how many times I experiment and try new face washes, somehow I always end up coming back to this.

It comes out of the pump white and thick with a glossy sheen and smells very clean and neutral, like a soap should. It lives up to its title and foams enthusiastically with the addition of water. It's very gentle and good for washing around the eyes- I've even gotten it in my eyes and it doesn't irritate them. I don't wear makeup every day, but when I do, it's super effective at washing it off my face, including eye makeup.

It's interesting to me that other reviewers noticed this product drying their face out because the only qualms I have with this product are that sometimes it leaves my face a little too oily, especially in the summer. It has never dried out my face, and in the colder months it's my daily cleanser because I can count on it not to strip my face of natural oils.

It's pretty effective at preventing pimples, but I can't count on it to remove them. I find I need to use a spot treatment in addition to this product, or a more powerful cleanser to really come to my aid when I'm having a massive breakout. It also does nothing to my blackheads.

My one real beef with the packaging is that it's difficult to travel with- you can't twist the pump to close it. Other than that, I love this cleanser to pieces and I highly recommend it for sensitive combination skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by hernana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have about a ten year history with this product. This is what I need a face cleanser to do: take off all makeup, including eye makeup; be free of heavy fragrance; not dry out my skin; rinse cleanly and leave no residue. Neutrogena Foaming Face Wash fits the bill in all these categories. It lathers up nicely, cleans everything off your face, and rinses completely without stripping your skin. An added bonus is that it's available everywhere and a fraction of the price of department store products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by CynicalCind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My dermatologist actually told me to use this for my daily skin care routine. It really does remove all of the oil and makeup off my face and keeps skin nice and soft afterwards. It is also VERY VERY gentle and i have even gotten it in my eyes with no burning or stinging. Also, do not use this too often to clean the skin on your under-eyes because you will break out with little red pimples. (Use regular soap to clean your under eye skin instead). I also love that it is in a pump because it gets tiring to squeeze out cleanser in tubes when it's almost done!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by mijal10

It's extremely gentle, and it works really well as a make up remover too. It feels really good on my skin and doesn't irritate it at all!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by nuggetdevourer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin isn't easily irritated so I don't have any useful information for sensitive girls. As a cleanser, I personally didn't find it irritating but it didn't seem very beneficial either. I suppose this is a very basic cleanser that's meant to be suitable for even sensitive skin types and it struck me as a slightly better Cetaphil lol. What it has over Cetaphil is its makeup removal ability and now I simply use this as a makeup remover and use a better cleanser to actually treat my skin afterwards. This removes foundation and base make up with ease but it struggles to remove eye makeup unless I rub and tug, which is not good so even with this I still need to use a separate eye makeup remover prior because I don't want premature aging and sagging that the force needed to remove eye makeup with this would induce. I do wear quite heavy duty make up though, including primer and waterproof mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

Cleans really well, even with makeup on after a long, sweaty day! But, I used it each evening for about a week, and my dry/combo skin started to get really irritated, with dry patches and red rashy areas. It's too harsh for my skin, and as well as it cleans, there are a few other cleansers I've passed over that cleaned as well but were not so harsh. I won't repurchase this.