October 21, 2014 | 1605 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Fresh Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Disnep

Do it's job

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Lorel1

This cleanser works very well to take off make-up & still continues to be gentle on the skin. I have sensitive , combo skin & so far has not irritated my sensitive skin. Love the pump, but wish the fragrance was left out. I do follow up with Olay Sensitive skin lotion (love)!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferla32

I was in love with L'Oreal Skin Genesis cleanser but that was discontinued (or changed to Youth Code?). Youth Code is okay, a little drying, and a little pricey, and now it's hard to find (discontinued, too?). I needed somthing fast so I grabbed this, with very little hopes of it being good. Boy was a I wrong! First, it's CHEAP. I do not like the sterile smell to it, but it does not linger. Three pumps of this and my eye makeup and everything is washed off. No breakouts, even skintone, and I swear it's helping with pores. On my second bottle, and I'm not even gonna try to find something better!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this ever since is started wearing makeup in the beginning. This used to be my everyday wash but I recently stop using it a often only because I don't wear makeup everyday. However, this wash is great. It doesn't remove ALL of my makeup but it does remove most of it. I need two pumps to get my foundation of not to mention my eye makeup. That takes about three to four. It really depends. It does burn my eyes though. I really like how it does remove my oils from my face and leave me feeling clean. I gave the packaging quality a two because when I sleep over at my boyfriends it's hard for me to bring this because the pump is hard to close. It won't lock. And to close I have to push all the way down thus wasting a pump full of product. Overall, this is one thing I will repeatedly buy over and over again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have normal slighty sensitive skin and am always on the look out for a good cleanser that will clean my skin, remove makeup (i double cleanse but i like knowing what a cleanser is capable of on its own - some days I'm in a rush and I want to be confident i'm getting the gunk off) and not irritate my skin. Add in decent pricepoint and I'm in heaven. Sadly this cleanser was not it. While the price is average for a drugstore product, this cleanser did something that no other cleanser I have tried has done, it BURNS MY EYES!!! I'm not talking slightly irritated, I'm taking burning, ring of fire in my eyes. Now, I don't mean I slather this sucker all over my eyes and it burns. No. I apply to my face with my eyes shut, I rinse and yet when I open them post rinsing my eyes burn. Each and every time. Now you might say - she's doing it wrong. Fair enough but I use all cleansers the same way and I have never had this happen - and for that reason alone I would never repurchase.

Pros - decent packaging and good cleansing properties - removes makeup well, doesn't over dry skin or leave a film.

Cons - burning eyes.
As with everything, YMMV, but if you get the chance, please do try before you buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have purchased this cleanser for several years. It removes all of my makeup and leaves my skin feeling fresh. It doesn't sting my eyes. It doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight. I do have remove some eye makeup residual after cleansing, but I don't mind that at all since I use Neutrogena eye makeup remover for that! This is my HG cleanser. I'd rather save money on the cleanser and spend more on the face creams and treatments. Very good purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is seriously amazing. It removes all of my makeup, waterproof mascara, foundation, ect. I use revlon colorstay foundation and we all know that stuff isn't easy to take off but what I do is just take a pump, massage it into my skin and I can just see the makeup melt off my face! Its so fantastic. After I wash my face it feels tight and fresh once again. This will always be my HG.

I have oily/combo/acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Jessrockstarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very dry, sensitive skin and this is the only facial cleanser i've ever used that didnt completely ruin my skin. Doesn't break me out, isn't drying at all, gets rid of all the makeup. It works beautiful. I mix this with baking soda to exfoliate and it works wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Femmeboi

I have sensitive combination skin that's prone to redness, blackheads, pimples, and dryness. This product was the very first facial cleanser I ever used, and it has been my standby for years. No matter how many times I experiment and try new face washes, somehow I always end up coming back to this.

It comes out of the pump white and thick with a glossy sheen and smells very clean and neutral, like a soap should. It lives up to its title and foams enthusiastically with the addition of water. It's very gentle and good for washing around the eyes- I've even gotten it in my eyes and it doesn't irritate them. I don't wear makeup every day, but when I do, it's super effective at washing it off my face, including eye makeup.

It's interesting to me that other reviewers noticed this product drying their face out because the only qualms I have with this product are that sometimes it leaves my face a little too oily, especially in the summer. It has never dried out my face, and in the colder months it's my daily cleanser because I can count on it not to strip my face of natural oils.

It's pretty effective at preventing pimples, but I can't count on it to remove them. I find I need to use a spot treatment in addition to this product, or a more powerful cleanser to really come to my aid when I'm having a massive breakout. It also does nothing to my blackheads.

My one real beef with the packaging is that it's difficult to travel with- you can't twist the pump to close it. Other than that, I love this cleanser to pieces and I highly recommend it for sensitive combination skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by hernana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have about a ten year history with this product. This is what I need a face cleanser to do: take off all makeup, including eye makeup; be free of heavy fragrance; not dry out my skin; rinse cleanly and leave no residue. Neutrogena Foaming Face Wash fits the bill in all these categories. It lathers up nicely, cleans everything off your face, and rinses completely without stripping your skin. An added bonus is that it's available everywhere and a fraction of the price of department store products.