December 22, 2014 | 1732 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Mediterranean

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2007 1:54:00 PM More reviews by PissyMissyIsBack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to love this - but the fragrance only lasts 10 minutes. I NEVER have a problem with any scent - they don't even change on me - but this one just totally disappears. it's pointless spending your money on this one. Its going back to Ulta today.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2007 9:10:00 AM More reviews by queenisabelle29

the first thing that attracted me to this frgrance is the beautiful blue bottle with the hammered silver top. normally, i don't waer anything by elizabeth arden but this perfume is different. the top note reminds me of peach, the middle notes are very floral and the drydown contains sandalwood (refer to "cavewomen" for an excellent description of the notes in this fragrance). it is beachy scent but it reminds me more of italy than anything else. i got this as a gift so i can't comment on the price but the bottle is l,arge and will lsat for a very long time. this is the nicest frgrance that elizabeth arden has done so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2007 3:09:00 AM More reviews by sophienguyen7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy Grail.
Categorized as "oriental/spicy"
A scent so soft, sweet, almost fruity. The scent takes you someplace else. It really captures the allure of it's name. I have the perfume and the body lotion and the smell lingers for at least 6 hours. This has been my favorite spring/summer scent though I wouldn't mind wearing it all year round. It's very light and cool and casual enough to wear to work, the store, church, everywhere. I like scents that are "pretty" and not overpowering and this has all that I like! The packaging is a very pretty oval blue bottle, it matches with it's name. When you think of Mediterranean you think silver and blues. It kind of reminds me of a more floral version of cool water. So far, one of Elizabeth Arden's best. My girlfriends love this scent and are always trying to guess what it is. Everyone who hugs me always comments and dies to ask what I'm wearing and they're always surprised when I tell them it's' Elizabeth Arden's Mediterranean. I will definitely repurchase since I can wear it everyday.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2007 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Lisaandtheword

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fruity, mostly peach opening; becomes cool & fresh, slightly creamy, mild floral (wisteria & magnolia seem mild to me, compared to my faves rose, violet or gardenia). The sandal & musk are there but unobtrusive. I didn't notice the sharpness mentioned by other reviewers. Nicely done, just too low key for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by cavewoman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I already have two very beachy Summer fragrances (Tom Ford's Azuree Soleil for Lauder, and Bond No. 9 Fire Island) -- and I've been wearing those two for the last month or so. I don't have very many scents that I wear in the Summer, because my taste in perfumes runs more toward huge full florals, woodsy scents, and gourmands. I don't care for scents that are heavy on the citrus, as many Summer scents tend to be. Recently I was walking through Macy's, and I was taken by surprise at the lovely bottle of Mediterranean at the Arden counter. I sprayed some on my wrist to see what happened. Immediately I detected the plum note (which is one of my favorite fruity notes) and the peach note too. Then came the beautiful florals in the mid notes, and they were perfectly blended and balanced, nothing sharp or overpowering at all, but fresh and light, as if you were standing near some flowering trees on a Spring morning with a slight breeze bringing the flowers to your nose. The drydown of sandalwood (my favorite of the woodsy base notes) is elegant and womanly, and I did not detect any musk at all on my skin. Lasting power is amazing, after spraying the fragrance in the store I could still smell it 6 hours later. If you are looking for a beautiful woodsy floral that would be great in hot weather, and you don't want the coconutty-vanilla-y suntan lotion-y beach scents that are out there now, try Mediterranean. I can see me wearing this all summer long and into Fall as well. I'm so impressed with this scent, it is unusual to me to find a woodsy floral that is light enough for Summer's hot weather, and still true to the notes and style of fragrance that I prefer. A great surprise from Elizabeth Arden!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Kin22

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got 4 samples of this at a store called Herberger's in Colorado, and didn't really get too excited. I'm not an Arden fan at all. However, I was very pleased to find that I love this fragrance, and it doesn't smell like RAID on me, which most Arden fragrances do. This one actually reminds me of a fragrance I used to wear a long time ago, but I can't put my finger on it. It conjures up memories of long-ago summers. I'm still working on the samples, and so far, I think it's going to be a summer staple for me. I do plan on buying a bottle. Finally, an Elizabeth Arden keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2007 2:13:00 PM More reviews by listentotheused54

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't buy perfumes very often because whenever I like something, i spray it on my wrists and than an hour or so later it smells horrible on my skin! this stuff smelt amazing from the second i put it on to hours later! its so beachy and summery, i bought the large bottle just in case its discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all, i want to say how much i LOVE the bottle this scent comes in. A beautiful royal blue bottle with a nice hammered silver cap. The scent is just as nice. Its a summer, beachey type of scent. Its not, however, a Myrtle Beach/Panama City beachey kind of scent. Its more of a Malibu/Wai Kei Kai type of beachey scent. I guess what i am trying to say is that its a more upscale, classier type of beachey scent. The florals are there upon first spritz but calm down the longer it stays on your skin. It also seems as if there is some type of musk in this but i dont recall seeing that as a note in this fragrance. Mediterranean is awesome.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by aquamarine11

To me, this smells just like Ocean Dream, which was cheaper but I think now is d/c. It does have some floral notes to begin, but dries down smelling just like the Ocean Dream, a little too sharp.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2007 4:18:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The bottle sure is eye-catching. To me, the EDP started out as a synthetic-fruity-aquatic. Then it faded and became more synthetic, and sharp. Funny how some EA scents tend to do that. I am not a fan of this one. I don't find it repulsive but then again I don't find anything appealing about it at all, either. Just... meh.