August 28, 2014 | 1137 users online

Masks - LUSH - Love Lettuce Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by xoladyjay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product. Worth the money. When you use it for the first time, you might find it a bit on the harsh side of exfoliators, but you get used to it. Leaves my skin feeling baby soft afterwards. I find the packaging a bit unsanitary because you keep dipping your hand into the pot then onto your face then back to the pot and so on. Other than that, awesome!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by radiantflux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am going to add my voice to the minority here- this stuff totally broke me out. It is supposed to be good for oily skin but something in it made me break out like I never do- little whiteheads everywhere on my cheeks and even on my forehead (where I never breakout). Kind of sucks because I really enjoyed the exfoliating properties of this with the almond shells- but definitely sample this before you buy it if you have really sensitive skin. Back to Cupcake I go....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by bratalishus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First mask that I've ever bought from Lush and I will definitely buy again! I'm anxious to try the other types but I will buy Love Lettuce again.

It leaves my skin so soft and I love the exfoliating granules. I wasn't crazy about the smell at first but it's grown on me and I actually look forward to smelling it now. It's a very fresh smell. Price is reasonable, the small pot here in Canada is $4.95 and I've used it twice and there are probably another three in there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very nice mask. I got Oatfix first but realized it was for very dry skin, so I went back and exchanged it to Love Lettuce. I do not like the name but it has nice smell and it is easy to apply. I left it for 10 min and then washed it off, with little exfoliation as instructed. It is not coming off easily, I had to work hard to remove it all. After that my skin felt really smooth but unfortunately just little oily too. The price is very good - $6.95 but it expires in 3 weeks.
Update: Next day my skin looked fresh and smooth, and little redness I had was almost gone. However, my 1st choice is BB Seaweed.
Note: This mask costs $14 in Dubai and $21 in Singapore. Now I wont think twice when spending $7 for this in US :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LUSH. Its definitely hit and miss for me. The performance combined with the scents is never quite right it seems. I love the idea of LUSH, everything about there company but I feel like we all get so caught up in it, we forget how much we are paying. I can't say the same for the masks. You have read a thousand times you have to keep it in the fridge, bring back 5 pots for a free one blah blah blah. Onto the the product. Its green. Looks like the most classic face mask, like the one on friends, when Joey and Chandler are on the couch with their masks ahaha. anywayss... It smells fl-orally, fresh and kinda weird. When i smelt it in the store, i was like no thanks, but with all the great reviews, and it only being 6$ i thought i had to try it. But the scent kinda grew on me.
It is thick. Has lots of FINE almond granules, that don't scratch your scratch your face, actually exfoliate without making my sensitive face red in any way. I dont do it on a dry face, because it is thick and hard to get a good scrub. I dont fully understand how anyone can use this in 5 uses. Like how thick are you putting it on? I used mine like 10 times. I just put it on thick in the areas i needed it.
It starts drying up in like 5 min. I leave it on for probably 20 min. So no, its not like holy crap this is hurting my face i need to wash it off, kind of tight. But it does crack and crumble if you are talking, laughing or like running? Not chunks either, like dandruff flakes or maybe smaller.
Once done i get my hands wet, and do a final scrub and rinse. Now, the dreaded FILM we are all talking about, its the honey in it! Put honey on your face and wash it off. Has the same after feeling. But if you didn't know, honey is a natural antiseptic and moisturizer. Great for your skin.
I personally love the feeling, feels nourished and moisturized! This is so far my favorite mask lush has, makes my skin feel smooth, gets rid of my pimples, and gives me a glow. I just picked up brazened honey, and the blueberry one. I got sacred truth for my mom, and hope to try them all! If you had to try just one, id get this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really enjoyed using this mask, it is the best exfoliator I have ever came across due to the almond shells. It is not at all abrasive and skin always feels super soft and cleansed after using it. You will need to work the mask in small, circular motions in order to get the full effect of this. The scent of it is lavender and this is really soothing and relaxing, don't worry it doesn't smell like vegetables or anything so don't be put off by the 'love lettuce' name! This is one of my favorite products from Lush, it can also be used as a body scrub too.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by SavvyShopper3

My face didn't Love Lettuce but my legs did!

Pros: Smells good, exfoliated & moisturized my legs really well

Cons: Felt 'residue' after washing off, think it made me break out

I picked up this fresh face mask from LUSH because it seemed to be a popular choice. This is my first (and only so far) fresh face mask from LUSH. As others before me have mentioned, LUSH's fresh face masks are handmade without preservatives so they have a shelf-life of about three weeks, must be kept refrigerated and are not sold on-line in the US.

The Product:

This is a clay mask, with it's primary ingredient being Fuller's Earth, Almond Oil, Lavender Oil, Glycerine, Kaolin and Honey among others. The mask does not contain any lettuce but is green in color. The texture is somewhat gritty as the ground almond is there to help exfoliate. The mask smells of lavender oil and the combination of the ingredients is also somewhat reminiscent of a light green tea to me - very pleasant!

My Experience:

To start with, lavender oil is one of my favorite essential oils based on fragrance so I absolutely loved the light smell of this mask.

This mask is intended for normal to oily skin and I understand that the ingredients are supposed to help balance combo/oily skin. But I found it to be heavy and greasy on my somewhat dry in the winter/combo in the summer/acne prone skin! This was surprising to me because although my skin can get a little sticky on very hot and humid days, it's really not what I would consider oily. I also did break out after using this mask. Like I mentioned before I am already acne-prone so the breakouts could be attributed to other factors but since it was on my forehead (where I have not been breaking out for some time) I found it suspicious. I also shared this mask with a not particularly acne-prone friend in an effort to finish it before expiration and her feed back was that she felt greasy after using it and broke out.

To be fair, breakouts are very sporadic and hard can be caused by a multitude of factors so I definitely cannot say for sure that this mask is what caused us to break out.

On to other attributes - as long as it's not applied to heavily, the mask will dry pretty quickly (15 minutes or so). If you have sensitive skin, you might find the exfoliation too rough if you try to rub it off dry so I would suggest a splash off water and then rubbing it off to make it more gentle. Like I mentioned before, my skin did feel somewhat 'greasy' after rinsing this off - like I had residue on my face but this feeling got better as my face dried and it just felt extra soft. If it wasn't for the fact that I had break-outs, I would have been happy with this mask!

What I ended up doing...

Since I stopped using this mask because of my 'acne suspicions', I still had a good amount left on expiration day (even after sharing) and then had the brilliant idea to use it to exfoliate my legs! I applied this all over the bottom of my legs, let it dry for 15 mins and then scrubbed off in the shower. Love Lettuce made for an excellent 'leg mask'!! I was able to go as rough as I wanted with exfoliating my legs and got out all sorts of ingrowns and my legs felt incredibly soft afterwards thanks to all the moisturizing oils.

I obviously wouldn't buy this again for the purpose of using on my legs because I am sure there are better products made for that purpose :) But I am a devoted LUSHie and will be trying their other fresh face masks - this time making clear to the SA that I have acne prone skin!

The Bottom Line: This was not the right mask for me but I love most of LUSH's products & will sample their other masks till I find the right one for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Beautyisbliss

I LOVE this!!! I have purchased three of these in the past year. I purchased this originally for my sensitive pregnancy skin- acne and dry spots. It felt amazing going on, as it exfoliates. As it was drying I didn't feel tightness or itching- like other masks. When I washed it off, my skin appeared brighter, felt amazingly smooth (not because of the exfoliation, but the product left behind as I describe "lavendar smoothness"). This is a real treat for all!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this face mask. It non drying and makes my skin feel really clean, fresh and soft after using this mask! I will repurchase this again and I would love to try the other masks available! I have tried so many high end to low end face mask and most of them did nothing for my skin. I LOVEEE this mask!

If you save up your used containers, you get one mask for free!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

There's no lettuce in Love Lettuce so don't be scared of trying it out. There is however a lot of green, grainy goop. It's supposed to refresh oily skins and I'm finding that it's great to unslick yourself during Mumbai's hot, humid summer.
Like all Lush masks, you're supposed to store it in the fridge, slather it on and use it all up before the fresh ingredients expire (a virtual impossibility if you use masks only once or twice a week).
Love Lettuce has agar agar seaweed, Fullerís Earth (great for pulling out gunk), kaolin (ditto), honey, glycerin, almond oil, ground almond shells, ground almonds, and lavender, but it smells like a mix of chlorophyll, honey and lavender to me.
It's easier to spread on than Brazened Honey and is less runny than The Sacred Truth. It feels lighter on the face than both the others. And for the time you have it on, it makes you look like Idina Menzel from Wicked.
It dries too fast (8mins), so usually spritz my face with water to keep the cool feeling going - this works well for Love Lettuce, you almost feel the water giving the ingredients an extra boost.
I tired washing my face after the mask dried and realised that the exfoliating granules are a little too big and irregular - I tend to break out for days if a scrub is too scratchy. That's easily solved. Dust your dried-up face in the basin to aloow the granules to fall off and then wash. It's smoother and nicer that way.
I did notice my skin looking fresher - I wasn't glowing or anything, but there was a cleanness without a dried out ashy look that usually accompanies a product for oily skin (the Cupcake mask tends to do that). I'll repurchase, but I wish Lush made smaller pots so I'd be able to finish them before they went bad.