LUSH Love Lettuce Mask

Agar Agar Decoction, Kaolin, Honey, Fullers Earth, Glycerine, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Ground Almond Shells (Prunus dulcis), Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Lavender Oil (Lavendula hybrida), Chlorophyll, Perfume.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I found that the exfoliating grains in this product were pretty harsh on my skin. When I washed it away it was actually quite painful and left my skin red! It was also very very drying and I had to slap on a load of moisturiser afterwards. Another point to consider is that it won't last very long, as because it has fresh ingredients it will go off in a few weeks, so not very economical (although better for your face).
I think that this would be better for someone with oily skin. The lady who recommended it to me probably went on the fact that I have a few spots on my chin; but overall my skin is dry so it wasn't really the best idea! Would be good for oily skin, but not for dry :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have tried out a lot of the fresh face masks from LUSH but this one really is my favourite.

I generally have dry and sensitive skin but I do have blackheads on my chin and enlarged pores on my nose, so I use this as a scrub as well.

When you apply it, it dries up really tight, so your face will feel tight and you won't be able to smile or talk without little crumbs of the mask falling off. If you don't like masks that get really dry and tight, this might be not for you, but I always find the feeling to be pleasant. It makes the skin tingle a bit in a nice way. I don't think it's too harsh either, because I do have sensitive skin.

When the mask has dried completely, I rinse my face with water. The mask gets wet again and now you can use it as a scrub. After I am done scrubbing, I just wash all of it off.

The skin feels very refreshed and at first your pores do seem smaller as well. I think that effect might probably vanish again later on. After the mask, wiping your face with a toner and using a light moisturiser might be good, especially if you do have dry skin.

Since LUSH fresh face masks are made from REALLY fresh ingredients, you have to keep them in your fridge all the time and use them up quickly. To be honest, it's quite hard to use up 100g in a month, so unfortunately, all of the masks that I have bought so far have gone bad after a while (more than a month, though, so they were legitly over their expiration date) and I had to throw away the remains.

So if you buy a little pot, you have to consider that you have to use this up within a month. It might be a good idea to purchase a fresh mask together with a friend and divide it up.

Since I really do like the mask's effect on my face, I ultimately have to say that I would buy this again, even considering its downsides.

on 1/29/2012 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I didn't enjoy this. I feel that there are very similar alternatives that are much better! The main reason this product dissapointed me was because it was more like a scrub than a mask to me.

From Lush, I feel that the Mask of Magnaminty is a better alternative. It is VERY similar to Love Lettuce in appearance and function, except it's has better results, and the product itself lasts longer. I think that MoM smells much better too :)

Alternatively, it's also VERY similar to the St. Ive's Apricot or Green Tea scrub! The texture is sort of between, less harsh than the Apricot but a little grainier than the Green Tea. The only difference here is that while the Love Lettuce is marketed as a mask, the St. Ive's is marketed as a scrub. I really think they're they're just the same thing though and produce the same results (not much other than short living smooth skin).

All in all I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, but would recommend the other alternatives I have listed instead. The MoM because it has really good results, and the St. Ive's because it's cheap. :)

I love Lush face masks. I have kind of routine in place. I alternate between Love Lettuce and Catastrophe Cosmetic during the week. I use Love Lettuce about twice a week sometimes three times. It is very much worth the money.
After I use it, not only my skin feels fresh but looks clean as well. It works very well if you have an oily T-zone, and your pores tend to get clogged.

on 10/21/2011 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

First off, this has a wonderful scent of lavender. It felt nice on my skin and I enjoyed the exfoliation. Additionally, my skin felt so unbelievably soft and smooth once I washed this off! However, it ruined the appearance of my skin, giving me the worst breakout I've ever had!
=(
I only used it once and it just ruined my appearance.. My forehead developed small red bumps, and my cheeks and chin broke out into a mixture of very large and small whiteheads. It's been about a week and I still have two major whiteheads, as well as some smaller ones, and the red bumps remain on my forehead. I also have red marks on my cheeks. I have never broken out like this before.. My breakouts usually go away within one or two days... I'm feeling really bad about my skin now, and I definitely will not be using this again.

on 8/29/2011 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great product. Worth the money. When you use it for the first time, you might find it a bit on the harsh side of exfoliators, but you get used to it. Leaves my skin feeling baby soft afterwards. I find the packaging a bit unsanitary because you keep dipping your hand into the pot then onto your face then back to the pot and so on. Other than that, awesome!

on 8/29/2011 1:47:00 PM

I am going to add my voice to the minority here- this stuff totally broke me out. It is supposed to be good for oily skin but something in it made me break out like I never do- little whiteheads everywhere on my cheeks and even on my forehead (where I never breakout). Kind of sucks because I really enjoyed the exfoliating properties of this with the almond shells- but definitely sample this before you buy it if you have really sensitive skin. Back to Cupcake I go....

on 8/12/2011 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

First mask that I've ever bought from Lush and I will definitely buy again! I'm anxious to try the other types but I will buy Love Lettuce again.

It leaves my skin so soft and I love the exfoliating granules. I wasn't crazy about the smell at first but it's grown on me and I actually look forward to smelling it now. It's a very fresh smell. Price is reasonable, the small pot here in Canada is $4.95 and I've used it twice and there are probably another three in there.

on 8/9/2011 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Very nice mask. I got Oatfix first but realized it was for very dry skin, so I went back and exchanged it to Love Lettuce. I do not like the name but it has nice smell and it is easy to apply. I left it for 10 min and then washed it off, with little exfoliation as instructed. It is not coming off easily, I had to work hard to remove it all. After that my skin felt really smooth but unfortunately just little oily too. The price is very good - $6.95 but it expires in 3 weeks.
Update: Next day my skin looked fresh and smooth, and little redness I had was almost gone. However, my 1st choice is BB Seaweed.
Note: This mask costs $14 in Dubai and $21 in Singapore. Now I wont think twice when spending $7 for this in US :)

on 8/3/2011 6:11:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

LUSH. Its definitely hit and miss for me. The performance combined with the scents is never quite right it seems. I love the idea of LUSH, everything about there company but I feel like we all get so caught up in it, we forget how much we are paying. I can't say the same for the masks. You have read a thousand times you have to keep it in the fridge, bring back 5 pots for a free one blah blah blah. Onto the the product. Its green. Looks like the most classic face mask, like the one on friends, when Joey and Chandler are on the couch with their masks ahaha. anywayss... It smells fl-orally, fresh and kinda weird. When i smelt it in the store, i was like no thanks, but with all the great reviews, and it only being 6$ i thought i had to try it. But the scent kinda grew on me.
It is thick. Has lots of FINE almond granules, that don't scratch your scratch your face, actually exfoliate without making my sensitive face red in any way. I dont do it on a dry face, because it is thick and hard to get a good scrub. I dont fully understand how anyone can use this in 5 uses. Like how thick are you putting it on? I used mine like 10 times. I just put it on thick in the areas i needed it.
It starts drying up in like 5 min. I leave it on for probably 20 min. So no, its not like holy crap this is hurting my face i need to wash it off, kind of tight. But it does crack and crumble if you are talking, laughing or like running? Not chunks either, like dandruff flakes or maybe smaller.
Once done i get my hands wet, and do a final scrub and rinse. Now, the dreaded FILM we are all talking about, its the honey in it! Put honey on your face and wash it off. Has the same after feeling. But if you didn't know, honey is a natural antiseptic and moisturizer. Great for your skin.
I personally love the feeling, feels nourished and moisturized! This is so far my favorite mask lush has, makes my skin feel smooth, gets rid of my pimples, and gives me a glow. I just picked up brazened honey, and the blueberry one. I got sacred truth for my mom, and hope to try them all! If you had to try just one, id get this one.

Popular Masks