November 27, 2014 | 1445 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by silverslytherin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Today is my first day using Laura Mercier's mineral powder foundation and I can't wait to share how happy I am about this product. I've always been disgusted by the long list of ingredients in cosmetics - just imagine piling all those parabens and alcohol on your skin... eww. So I decided to go mineral and looked for the shortest list of ingredients on the market. And this foundation is so awesome: (1) you don't feel as if you're wearing makeup at all; (2) it looks very natural after you've put it on; (3) it lasts all day - no fading, no caking; (4) it is very good at oil control - my face didn't get shiny until after 12 hours.

I wear this foundation with the Laura Mercier foundation primer beneath and they both work wonders. To top it off, I apply the Laura Mercier pink sparkle mineral powder blush on my cheeks. Love the natural look! And love knowing that the stuff on my face will not hurt my skin! My skin can breathe and I actually feel my acnes calmed down after one day. Definitely will elevate this to HG status.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Initially I hated this product, I had it in the shade Soft Porcelain (my pale colour), it did not blend into your skin well, emphasized all my dry spots and looked super cakey. I had applied it with my sigma buffer brush.

I start fake tanning and have been buying foundation in my "dark" colour and decided to give this a shot again. I purchased it in natural beige, and it looks amazing! I make sure I moisturize well, then use MAC SPF50 prep and prime on top and then apply the powder with an ELF flat top brush, it blend amazingly into my skin, almost can't see it, gives medium coverage and stays all day.

My review has gone from 1 to 4/5 easily, I don't know if the formulations differ between shades or if my skin being deeper and better application techniques really made all the difference. This product definitely works differently if applied right!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by amstoica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is by far my favorite mineral powder foundation. If you are looking for a mineral powder that will give you a glow, this is the one for you. My skin is normal/dry and so I can use the glowy sheen it gives me but if you have oily skin, you may not like this because as the day wears on it may start to look on the greasy side. What is different about the LM versus Bare Minerals and most other mineral powders is that it contains Pearl Powder which is what is mainly responsible for the sheen it gives to the face. I think it makes all the difference because with products like Bare Minerals, my face appeared dry throughout the day and that is the opposite of what I want. I am MAC NW 25 for reference and in the LM, I wear the Natural Beige. This shade is more of a neutral undertone for light to light/medium skin tones. If you are light to light/medium range there is a good color selection. I wear this on its own and I also wear it over BB Creams or light coverage foundations. I like it both ways but for more coverage, I prefer it over another foundation. This product is perfect to throw over a foundation that maybe doesn't give you that glow you want or you can dust it lightly on the areas of the face that you do want the glow. Gorgeous creamy texture that appears very shimmery when swatched but transfers to the skin in a much more natural way... so don't be too alarmed if you swatch it and think it looks way too shimmery.

Staying power is decent and in line with all the other mineral foundations I've used.. I like to wear the Korres Silicone Free primer underneath, I find that it glides on so easily over a primer. I will say that in araes I need more coverage like a blemish, I will put on a concealer and set it w/ a normal powder because I don't like to dab mineral powder on spots, its meant to be thinned out and not just caked on to a spot unless you do some good blending around the blemish. Oh, and it lasts forever!! So it is worth the $36- you get more in the container than most mineral powders so if you compare price and quantity, its really not that much pricier.

Overall, great for normal to dry skin.. oily skin I would stay away. If you are looking for matte finish... keep looking!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

This really is an exceptional powder I mean literally fabulous! Normally, I use the cheapest powders I can find cus I'm not really a fan of spending huge amounts of money on something to just set my foundation (especially when ultra expensive ones I've had previously have been a real let down!) but this is something else. I have this in the lightest shade and its really beautiful, it sets the make up perfectly for a nice sheer matte finish, and if I've gone a little bit heavy which is a common mistake for me to do, my foundation looks a little orange, this just lightens everything up and gets it all looking natural. It is silly expensive, but I was recommended this and it is literally brilliance so worth the splurge in my opinion. Would recommend and buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by ParfumLust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in Tender Rose and I'm an NW 15-20. I think this is a good color match. Overall, I like this powder foundation. It has good coverage and it lasts all day. I don't like how heavy and tight my skin can feel if I've applied too much. That's fine though because I've learned when to stop buffing more on. I have oily skin and I have to blot my t-zone at midday. But, it doesn't make me crazy greasy or anything. I will buy it again because I like having a powder foundation for days when I'm to lazy to apply liquid. I also really like taking this when I travel because it's more convenient.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

I had this for close to 2 years now, natural beige & classic beige, trying & trying to make it work, using different brushes, primers & moisturizers underneath. I am NC 30-40; first off, I had various LM fdn., but they never seem to agree with my skin, it is either too light with an ashy cast, and if I go a shade too deep, it gets muddy looking. Eventually I get 2 shades and mix them, still it does not work out.
Secondly, that "luminosity" looks so fake on me, not as much as that gawd-awful Bare Essential crap, but a trailing second. That also means layering for more coverage is not an option with this powder. I never had issues with pores, only issues with uneven skintones, yet my pores showed up, no matter how much I buffed it in.
I came to the conclusion and give up on LM fdn just because she did not get the "yellows" right, I think as the yellow goes deeper, you have to add some orange to warm it up, otherwise it looks muddy-brown.
This is one line I will give up, totally.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Starlyte

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I know a lot of people love this but sadly it made me break out. It gave me that weird itchy feeling that some mineral makeup give and then I started noticing little bumps. I tried it 3 different times before giving up on it working for me.
Otherwise it's a pretty decent mineral foundation. It's creamier and easier to blend than BE and looks very natural. The coverage is light to medium and I definitely still have to use concealer with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by mandyfkm

Good control of oil in T-zone. Quite natural look too. But the packaging is not good in the sense that it's difficult to control the amount.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Pyxxeestyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it. Thank you MA reviewers for convincing me this was the one. I dont really wear powder unless im breaking out or on weekends because I wear LM's tinted moisturizer.. I have tried literally every power from $8 to $60 and they all give me pimples. Not this one! I really really love it.

My one qualm is with its oil absorption... doesn't really happen for me. The powder kinda sits on top of the skin instead of being absorbed (maybe that's why I dont break out) and if I put too much on its kinda cakey. But I seriously love it anyways!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by girlchimney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been using this mineral powder for months and months to great effect! I'm an acne-prone person with combination skin (oily forehead and dry everywhere else, predictably) so I'm pretty wary of purchasing foundations: I want something that won't break me out and that can keep my skin at least somewhat matte throughout the day. I also have scarring on my face, so I need full coverage--or at least flexible coverage.

As far as I can tell, this mineral powder has yet to be the cause of any breakouts. I've never had really severe breakout issues relating to department-grade foundations and Laura Mercier's Mineral Powder is no exception to this rule. It also provides the matte texture I want for basically hours. As a person with combination skin I do use e.l.f. blotting sheets on my forehead to touch up throughout the day, and for longer days I will reapply a light dusting of powder. That doesn't mean the staying power isn't good, I'm just in the habit of touching up! On the drier areas of my face that don't tend towards strong oil production under moisturizer, the staying power is pretty impressive: I'd say it lasts for a good chunk of a workday, with just a slight touch-up whenever I take a break.

The coverage is absolutely flexible, and the jar structure helps you use as much or as little as you want. A little bit goes a long way no matter what skin texture you're applying it to, in my opinion--if you put too much to try to mattify a greasy forehead, in my experience, things can get a little muddled up there; I don't use too much and I still get a nice matte texture on my greasier areas, though it is also worth saying that my haircut is such that I might not notice imperfections on my forehead by just looking in a mirror ;0 It's quite easy to use it in varying degrees of intensity all over your face and achieve a consistent texture. On top of that, I think there're some pearly elements in there that give me kind of a healthy but natural-looking glow C:

I will say that I take it with me everywhere, and it gets rattled about which makes the sifter a little obsolete--on top of that, the little tray is a bit hard to extract so as to get the powder back where it belongs. This is why I downgraded the packaging somewhat. SPF 15 courtesy of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, which according to Beautypedia is basically the least you can do if you're irresponsible like me and don't apply sunscreen on the regular. Expensive but high-quality and long-lasting. I purchase it in Pure Honey and will most likely be purchasing it again once my reserves run low.