August 27, 2014 | 1750 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

I had this for close to 2 years now, natural beige & classic beige, trying & trying to make it work, using different brushes, primers & moisturizers underneath. I am NC 30-40; first off, I had various LM fdn., but they never seem to agree with my skin, it is either too light with an ashy cast, and if I go a shade too deep, it gets muddy looking. Eventually I get 2 shades and mix them, still it does not work out.
Secondly, that "luminosity" looks so fake on me, not as much as that gawd-awful Bare Essential crap, but a trailing second. That also means layering for more coverage is not an option with this powder. I never had issues with pores, only issues with uneven skintones, yet my pores showed up, no matter how much I buffed it in.
I came to the conclusion and give up on LM fdn just because she did not get the "yellows" right, I think as the yellow goes deeper, you have to add some orange to warm it up, otherwise it looks muddy-brown.
This is one line I will give up, totally.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Starlyte

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I know a lot of people love this but sadly it made me break out. It gave me that weird itchy feeling that some mineral makeup give and then I started noticing little bumps. I tried it 3 different times before giving up on it working for me.
Otherwise it's a pretty decent mineral foundation. It's creamier and easier to blend than BE and looks very natural. The coverage is light to medium and I definitely still have to use concealer with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by mandyfkm

Good control of oil in T-zone. Quite natural look too. But the packaging is not good in the sense that it's difficult to control the amount.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Pyxxeestyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it. Thank you MA reviewers for convincing me this was the one. I dont really wear powder unless im breaking out or on weekends because I wear LM's tinted moisturizer.. I have tried literally every power from $8 to $60 and they all give me pimples. Not this one! I really really love it.

My one qualm is with its oil absorption... doesn't really happen for me. The powder kinda sits on top of the skin instead of being absorbed (maybe that's why I dont break out) and if I put too much on its kinda cakey. But I seriously love it anyways!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by girlchimney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been using this mineral powder for months and months to great effect! I'm an acne-prone person with combination skin (oily forehead and dry everywhere else, predictably) so I'm pretty wary of purchasing foundations: I want something that won't break me out and that can keep my skin at least somewhat matte throughout the day. I also have scarring on my face, so I need full coverage--or at least flexible coverage.

As far as I can tell, this mineral powder has yet to be the cause of any breakouts. I've never had really severe breakout issues relating to department-grade foundations and Laura Mercier's Mineral Powder is no exception to this rule. It also provides the matte texture I want for basically hours. As a person with combination skin I do use e.l.f. blotting sheets on my forehead to touch up throughout the day, and for longer days I will reapply a light dusting of powder. That doesn't mean the staying power isn't good, I'm just in the habit of touching up! On the drier areas of my face that don't tend towards strong oil production under moisturizer, the staying power is pretty impressive: I'd say it lasts for a good chunk of a workday, with just a slight touch-up whenever I take a break.

The coverage is absolutely flexible, and the jar structure helps you use as much or as little as you want. A little bit goes a long way no matter what skin texture you're applying it to, in my opinion--if you put too much to try to mattify a greasy forehead, in my experience, things can get a little muddled up there; I don't use too much and I still get a nice matte texture on my greasier areas, though it is also worth saying that my haircut is such that I might not notice imperfections on my forehead by just looking in a mirror ;0 It's quite easy to use it in varying degrees of intensity all over your face and achieve a consistent texture. On top of that, I think there're some pearly elements in there that give me kind of a healthy but natural-looking glow C:

I will say that I take it with me everywhere, and it gets rattled about which makes the sifter a little obsolete--on top of that, the little tray is a bit hard to extract so as to get the powder back where it belongs. This is why I downgraded the packaging somewhat. SPF 15 courtesy of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, which according to Beautypedia is basically the least you can do if you're irresponsible like me and don't apply sunscreen on the regular. Expensive but high-quality and long-lasting. I purchase it in Pure Honey and will most likely be purchasing it again once my reserves run low.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by emmaorange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is absolutely my HG. i wear this every day and my skin has never been so flawless (i've started to wear no foundation sometimes because i don't need it any more!!!). a little goes a looong way and this stuff truly lasts forever. the packaging is perfect and so travel friendly. i wear sand and it looks lovely on my asian skin tone. it lasts all day without looking oily or needing touch ups; i actually think it looks better and better as the day goes on!! i really can't say enough good things about this product. use it with the mineral finishing powder and i swear you will never look back!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 3:59:00 AM More reviews by linneahurtig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG! I can't recommend this product enough! IT IS AMAZING! It's a wonderful foundation in so many ways. It gives such a natural glow and feel to the skin. I will never ever be without this foundation.

PROs: good medium coverage if one wants to. beautiful sheen on the face, it has an extremely natural finish, it feels very light on the skin, it causes me no breakouts, it has long lasting power, and the best part: it looks better and better throughout the day as its blends so beautiful with the skins natural oils.

CONs: can be a bit messy for traveling, if on Retin-A it can be to harsh to use on the skin at first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Im a NC20 (a tad lighter) and I wear Real Sand as of right now and its a perfect warm fair/light colour. I think I've bought this shade about 5 times the past 2 years.
I have this foundation in four different shades! I mix them during the seasons to match my complexion. I can use Rich Vanilla as a bronzer, as well as Warm Bronze. It looks so natural.

Key is to use a good brush (I just discovered Real Techniques Buffing brush - and I LOVE IT for this foundation) and to use a few spritz of MAC Fix+ after applying the foundation.
If you want more coverage, a great tip is to wear it on top of a BB cream.

I don't think its even comparable to BE mineral foundation - I hated that one. It made my skin itchy and left me with both breakouts and patches all over my face.

I have a huge collection of foundations. Several foundations from Sisley, Chanel, Make up for Ever, Kevin Aucoin, YSL, Burberry and Tom Ford as I really love testing out new foundations.
I ALWAYS come back to this one.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Lissel10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really love this product, use this with a concealer and it stays all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2012 4:58:00 AM More reviews by tiffanyhehe

i have previously use the laura mercier loose powder in transperant. and i come to this mineral one after finishing the basic one mentioned above. so i cannot see any difference between application outcome. the only negative i see is, this minerial one is one third in quantity compare to the basic loose powder. when i cannot see difference between 2 products, i have no reason to re-buy. i am about to finish this minerial powder, and i am switching back to the same brand, but basic loose powder. suggest do not waste your money here.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by DonnaJazzhands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG foundation and the best mineral foundation I have ever used. I don't think I'll be able to go back to anything else. I've tried L'Oreal true match minerals, Bare Minerals, Neutrogena minerals, and many more. This is THE best, and worth every penny. I buff mine into the skin with a kabuki brush. This has a medium amount of coverage, but it still looks so natural, and does not leave a powdery cakey look - which the aforementioned powders sometimes did. I am battling some pretty bad acne these days so it's nice to let my skin breathe while still getting some coverage. I just apply this over a light sunscreen. And I love that the lid closes over the sifter so you can travel with it without all of the product spilling out. Definitely repurchasing.