October 26, 2014 | 1082 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - New Flat Top Brush

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by DCMALJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked this brush a lot for a few months, until one day the whole "hair" part fell out of the metal collar. I haven't done anything weird with it & have treated it just like my long-handled kabuki, which I've had longer and is still fine. And the worst part is that EDM won't respond to my inquiries about it. Love their products for the most part, but not a good experience here. :-/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

I have three flat top brushes, one Sonia Kashuk that's a dupe of the Mac 187 (flat-top stippling brush).

This one out of the first three is my fav. I have the Sonia Kashuk flat-top blusher which used to be my favorite, and the Elf powder brush.

I have not tried this with liquids but since it's synthetic I'm sure it would be great. The Sonia Kashuk highlighting brush is great for stippling liquid foundation for an airbrushed look. It's also multi-tasking for bronzers, blushes, and finishing powders.

Anyway, this is my favorite because it is just as dense as the Sonia Kashuk flat-top, but because the larger size really gives me an even application of powder. I do use the smaller one to help conceal area my nose and mouth because it's about half the size and more precise, but this is the brush I pick up first for foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by JustKylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush, it is so soft and full. It does such a wonderful job at blending the powder on the face. THe fact that is so full and soft makes it nice for misting a liquid on the face and then buffing in the powder. I would buy it again if I lost it or it broke, I would not go without it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by salhon

I love this brush so much! I originally bought it to use with the Everyday Minerals makeup. The makeup didn't work out, but the brush did. I have had it for over two years and it looks as good as the day I bought it. It's a well made brush that works great for me to apply loose face powder. I do not use it to apply foundation, pressed powder, or blush. I like how the flat top is so soft, yet firm enough for me to work my loose powder into my foundation. Sometimes, after I apply eyeshadow, there are little eyeshadow flakes on my cheeks and under my eyes. One quick swipe with this brush instantly removes the excess eyeshadow. It is super easy to wash too. Although, it does take a couple days to dry since it is so dense. I hope this brush continues to last a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

This is an excellent brush for applying loose powders / mineral makeup. The bristles are wonderfully soft so it's easy to buff, the handle isn't too long so it's easy to maneuver if you're holding up a mirror to your face, it doesn't shed, and it creates nice even coverage.

I've been sampling EDM's bases, and I thought I'd give one of their most popular brushes a try. This was $11 on the website. A little bit pricey for my wallet (especially since most of my brushes are from ELF's Studio line -- only $3 each.) A great dupe for this brush would have to be ELF's flat-top Powder Brush. The handle is longer, but the hairs are just as soft and the quality is just as good, for just a fraction of the price.

However, if I lost or destroyed this EDM brush tomorrow, I'm pretty sure I'd get another one. Its small size makes it easier to store for travel, and I love that it's made of eco-friendly materials. It's a nice staple brush to have.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Affascinante

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Perfect for applying loose powder. I do wish for them to come out with a wider brush head.....might make for better/flawless application. With this small brush head, once must use a light / controlled hand. At least in my situation.

Almost perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by mooseformayor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely head-over-heels in love with this brush! It is by far the best brush I have ever used to apply my mineral foundation. The brush head is unbelievably soft yet still very thick and dense. Its density is what enables the brush to pick up so much foundation in just one little try. My brush required about a full day to dry off after washing, so you will probably want to buy two so you can have one drying while you use the other. I have no complaints whatsoever about this brush. I adore the handle length, if anything, because I have small hands as it is, so it's the perfect size for me to control what I want to do with the brush at any given time. I would not change a single thing about this brush at all if I had the chance. Do note that this brush is particularly suited for those who wish to go heavier with their minerals. If you're looking for a lighter application, you will want to use a kabuki brush instead. I so very, very highly recommend. I love this brush so much that I just bought five more as backups on top of the three I already have. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by laydeexsav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this brush! It is a super soft, very dense brush. It picks up mineral powder really well and gives me a very decent coverage when I want to use mineral foundation instead of liquid. I used to use the Bare Escentuals foundation brush, and that brush felt so rough/scratchy! Reading all the good reviews about this brush made me purchase this, and I don't regret it at all. It does take a really long time for this brush to dry when you do your deep cleaning routine, but other than that, I have no complaints.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by mjhdesign

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush feels like the most luxurious velvet is being swept across your face. It's extremely soft yet very very dense, it does an amazing job of buffing in foundation. Because it's so dense it does take a long time to dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Katrinket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was trying to decide between the flat top and the kabuki, and decided to buy them both. The quality of these brushes is excellent, not a hair has shed from either and I've had them for about a year and a half. Super soft, hard to believe they are synthetic. My mom touched them and swooned, said she didn't have anything that soft. Love the bamboo handles, too.

If I had to pick one for applying mineral foundation, I would pick the kabuki hands down. Much easier to get sheer layers. Takes a little more finesse with the flat top.

For a while, my flat top didn't get much use. Then I realized it was way better for buffing than the kabuki. So I would apply with the kabuki, buff in with the flat top. Then I read about stippling (with liquid foundation) with a flat top, and I found it works beautifully for that. That's what I use it for now.

Hope this helps, if you are trying to decide between the two like I was.