April 21, 2014 | 1878 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 227 Large Fluff Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 6:40:00 AM More reviews by dudulka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like it but I don't love it. It is a really big brush so I don't use use it for highlighting or to correct the shape of my dark contour colours around the brow area. It's way too large for my small eyes for that. I like it an allover wash of colour or for highlighting the tops of the cheekbones with powder products though. Wiorks great for that! youtube.com/user/MakeupByKasiaD

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by m3llyxoxo

I bought this while MAC was having their F&F sale. I heard such great things about this product, but was utterly disseminated when I received it. The brush is nice and dense, but the brush is HUGE! It was very unexpected to me. The only use I find for this brush is if I quickly want to pack on some color all over my eyes. I think I can manage doing that with my 224 or any drugstore eyeshadow brush though. I really wish that I could have liked it. I probably have only touched it 3 times :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

A staple in my collection now for use on the browbone. I'd seen it used in youtube tutorials for that purpose and thought it was awfully big for such a small space, but I tried it nevertheless, and it works well for me. It's also great at erasing or cleaning up the outer V if I get too carried away or just want a sharper edge.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by saylorsoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best MAC brush out of the six that I own! It's the perfect highlighting brush, and if you bring it around the outer edges of your crease area, it will cover up your "too far out" crease and make it look really natural :) Another great thing about this brush is yo can have an all over color in seconds :) with 1 swipe!!!!

yes its 28 dollars but It's worth it....I definitely recommend it over all mac brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by kathhh

+1 to all the SHINING comments below.
i use it for applying brow highlight (which it does, perfectly!) and then helps me to blend out crease colour perfectly too.
Just perfect, really.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 5:08:00 AM More reviews by xotess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite MAC brush! I love it because it is so versatile - I use it to put a neutral wash of colour all over my lid, to blend my eyeshadow and to highlight. I also just think it is actually really fun to use. MAC brushes are pretty expensive but the quality and long life of them (if you look after them properly) make the cost worthwhile. I couldn't live without this brush and it is great to have not only for everyday but also if you are going on holiday and only want to take a few brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by crbegley1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This brush is one I used everytime I wear eye-makeup. I love using it as a blender or highlighter but mostly I use it to put down an all-over wash of color from lid to brow. MAC brushes are pricey but they last for years if well cared for. Would definitely repurchase if something happened to mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 10:27:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of my used-daily brushes. I use it for laying down a wash of a base colour. Excellent as it doesn't deposit too much shadow. Great for blending out harsh edges too. Where this brush comes into its own for me is using it to apply my highlight shade & blending it with my crease shade. Never leaves my highlight shade looking overly done and it takes next to no time. I don't use any other brush for doing my highlight now (and I'd tried a few before I bought this).
The bristles are soft & never scratchy. Hasn't shed at all & I must've had mine for well over a year now. Cleans up beautifully with brush cleaner or shampoo.
I would repurchase again if ever I lost it. In fact, I love this brush so much I ended up buying a second.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by ragazza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Another winner from MAC. I use this very soft brush for applying a light wash of colour from my lid to my brow bone. I also use it for a soft crease effect - works like a charm. Love it <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by roselovesmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so lucky I got this 227 brush at a CCO!,I wanted to add to the great reviews I saw today.This brush is so versatile and it is very soft and gentle.I will always reach for it as part of my makeup looks.