Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips- Dolly

4.3

on 6/30/2011 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I Love the tingle so much, it makes tasty kisses. it works wonderful with lip-liner under it.

on 6/19/2011 4:21:00 PM

I LOVE this lip gloss! It is a wonderful color for my light olive skin tone and dark hair. Furthermore, it really keeps my lips hydrated and moist. I've very sensitive to cosmetics and this does not bother me at all. I'm on my 5th tube and that is saying a LOT for me!

on 6/8/2011 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

In the bottle this was a gorgeous color. On my lips, ho-hum. Nothing great about it. But, the worst part was the super stickiness and tingling. I don't like noticing the cold, tingling feeling on my lips for HOURS. I did not notice any plumping effect. NADA. I took it back. Why feel that uncomfortable when the product is pretty much next to awful and doesn't plump?

I've actually been happier with the cheapest of cheap NYC lip gloss in Nude York City and Honey on the Hudson. Two great colors. These glosses aren't sticky or gloppy and last for a good while considering they're $2.25 each at Walmart. I also love how moisturizing they are.

on 5/30/2011 12:52:00 PM

Hello, Dolly!!
OMG, this is one of my favorites now. No joke. As a makeup whore I vow EACH time I walk into Sephora/Macy's/WalMart that I will NOT purchase anything else to "paint the barn" with. However, Sephora has some luring items of convenience while waiting in their line - the Bare Minerals $10 set of eye sparkle powder/eye liner/mini Buxom Dolly was something worth trying. Sitting here typing this, I have Buxom on my lips - tingling like a mother (which I love).
I ADORE Buxom Dolly. Seriously. This is the best for my lips - a shade which gives some color and gloss, making me want to kiss everyone. :) LOVE it. I will definitely buy it for $18 next time I go into Sephora...and that will be IT as far as purchasing makeup goes. :)

on 5/25/2011 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product scared the crap out of me when I first took it out of the box - opaque sparkley lavender - are you kidding me?

However, it goes on a neutral mauvey nude for me - and I've got a feeling it will do this for most anyone. Lovely, sheer, plumping - and moisturizing. What's not to like?

Well, the price stinks - I guess $18 is kind of steep for a gloss, but these are totally worth it. Will repurchase. :)

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

One of my favorite lip glosses! The color is incredibly flattering and it lasts for a long time. I'd definitely repurchase this.

on 4/28/2011 11:21:00 AM

This gloss is just fab. It gives such a lovely pout and dolly is really pretty & natural color on the lips. The minty fresh feeling is a bonus and I didn't mind that this is a little heavier thn my other glosses as it does a good job of protecting my chapped lips.

on 3/4/2011 1:18:00 AM

I love this color...I wear it everyday..it feels so good on my lips, prevents them from being chapped and the color is so pretty...I wish it were less expensive but I guess you get what you pay for:)

on 10/9/2010 7:04:00 PM

I actually got this product as part of a set.

I love the color. It's a great mauve tone that actually looks very natural looking when on my lips. It does have a slight shimmer, but not that you can see any specs of shine. It really is just a shimmer. The tingling sensation is a bit odd, but I don't mind it.

Really, my only complaint is that it is a bit sticky. If you absolutely can't stand sticky lips, then this lip gloss is not for you.

on 9/26/2010 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I liked the color but it was wayyyy to sticky for me. I am amazed when people say it's not sticky because it really was when I tried it. Also I am not a fan of the tingle it gives. It is more of an itch then a nice tingly feeling.

Recommended for Medium Skin