December 20, 2014 | 1404 users online

Lip Gloss - Bare Escentuals - Buxom Lips- Dolly

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by cairn_chick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this lip gloss! It is a wonderful color for my light olive skin tone and dark hair. Furthermore, it really keeps my lips hydrated and moist. I've very sensitive to cosmetics and this does not bother me at all. I'm on my 5th tube and that is saying a LOT for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by JChrisBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

In the bottle this was a gorgeous color. On my lips, ho-hum. Nothing great about it. But, the worst part was the super stickiness and tingling. I don't like noticing the cold, tingling feeling on my lips for HOURS. I did not notice any plumping effect. NADA. I took it back. Why feel that uncomfortable when the product is pretty much next to awful and doesn't plump?

I've actually been happier with the cheapest of cheap NYC lip gloss in Nude York City and Honey on the Hudson. Two great colors. These glosses aren't sticky or gloppy and last for a good while considering they're $2.25 each at Walmart. I also love how moisturizing they are.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by puppetrick

Hello, Dolly!!
OMG, this is one of my favorites now. No joke. As a makeup whore I vow EACH time I walk into Sephora/Macy's/WalMart that I will NOT purchase anything else to "paint the barn" with. However, Sephora has some luring items of convenience while waiting in their line - the Bare Minerals $10 set of eye sparkle powder/eye liner/mini Buxom Dolly was something worth trying. Sitting here typing this, I have Buxom on my lips - tingling like a mother (which I love).
I ADORE Buxom Dolly. Seriously. This is the best for my lips - a shade which gives some color and gloss, making me want to kiss everyone. :) LOVE it. I will definitely buy it for $18 next time I go into Sephora...and that will be IT as far as purchasing makeup goes. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by gc2011

This product scared the crap out of me when I first took it out of the box - opaque sparkley lavender - are you kidding me?

However, it goes on a neutral mauvey nude for me - and I've got a feeling it will do this for most anyone. Lovely, sheer, plumping - and moisturizing. What's not to like?

Well, the price stinks - I guess $18 is kind of steep for a gloss, but these are totally worth it. Will repurchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by mysocksdontmatch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

One of my favorite lip glosses! The color is incredibly flattering and it lasts for a long time. I'd definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Moonjellie14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This gloss is just fab. It gives such a lovely pout and dolly is really pretty & natural color on the lips. The minty fresh feeling is a bonus and I didn't mind that this is a little heavier thn my other glosses as it does a good job of protecting my chapped lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2011 1:18:00 AM More reviews by thatgirlnic

I love this color...I wear it everyday..it feels so good on my lips, prevents them from being chapped and the color is so pretty...I wish it were less expensive but I guess you get what you pay for:)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by eva1108

I actually got this product as part of a set.

I love the color. It's a great mauve tone that actually looks very natural looking when on my lips. It does have a slight shimmer, but not that you can see any specs of shine. It really is just a shimmer. The tingling sensation is a bit odd, but I don't mind it.

Really, my only complaint is that it is a bit sticky. If you absolutely can't stand sticky lips, then this lip gloss is not for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I liked the color but it was wayyyy to sticky for me. I am amazed when people say it's not sticky because it really was when I tried it. Also I am not a fan of the tingle it gives. It is more of an itch then a nice tingly feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by crys2982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this gloss. It's not sticky at all. The pigmentation is perfect. Color is gorgeous and I got loads of compliments on it. I paid $18 for mine at Sephora and it was worth every penny. I've never paid that much for a gloss before, I like to put my money into face and eye products. I will definitely buy this again.
I will add, I don't think it plumps at all, not that I need it, but the tingling feels nice.