July 30, 2014 | 1538 users online

Lip Gloss - Bare Escentuals - Buxom Lips- Dolly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by gc2011

This product scared the crap out of me when I first took it out of the box - opaque sparkley lavender - are you kidding me?

However, it goes on a neutral mauvey nude for me - and I've got a feeling it will do this for most anyone. Lovely, sheer, plumping - and moisturizing. What's not to like?

Well, the price stinks - I guess $18 is kind of steep for a gloss, but these are totally worth it. Will repurchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by mysocksdontmatch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

One of my favorite lip glosses! The color is incredibly flattering and it lasts for a long time. I'd definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Moonjellie14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This gloss is just fab. It gives such a lovely pout and dolly is really pretty & natural color on the lips. The minty fresh feeling is a bonus and I didn't mind that this is a little heavier thn my other glosses as it does a good job of protecting my chapped lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2011 1:18:00 AM More reviews by thatgirlnic

I love this color...I wear it everyday..it feels so good on my lips, prevents them from being chapped and the color is so pretty...I wish it were less expensive but I guess you get what you pay for:)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by eva1108

I actually got this product as part of a set.

I love the color. It's a great mauve tone that actually looks very natural looking when on my lips. It does have a slight shimmer, but not that you can see any specs of shine. It really is just a shimmer. The tingling sensation is a bit odd, but I don't mind it.

Really, my only complaint is that it is a bit sticky. If you absolutely can't stand sticky lips, then this lip gloss is not for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I liked the color but it was wayyyy to sticky for me. I am amazed when people say it's not sticky because it really was when I tried it. Also I am not a fan of the tingle it gives. It is more of an itch then a nice tingly feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by crys2982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this gloss. It's not sticky at all. The pigmentation is perfect. Color is gorgeous and I got loads of compliments on it. I paid $18 for mine at Sephora and it was worth every penny. I've never paid that much for a gloss before, I like to put my money into face and eye products. I will definitely buy this again.
I will add, I don't think it plumps at all, not that I need it, but the tingling feels nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Tried a small carded sample of this, liked it but forgot all about it till a couple of months later when I found the card in a drawer. Since I had a 15% off email I decided to pick this up at the be boutique. Really love the Mlbb perfect plum/dustyrose color, lasts way longer than expected and the vanilla smell and cool minty feeling of the buxom glosses-makes wearing lipgloss fun again! Inspired me to order 3 more shades online- cant wait to try em!! I ALMOST want to toss all my other non-buxom glosses out-lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by madelinex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have way too many (and yet, not enough) of the Buxom lipglosses, but always passed Dolly by, despite the good reviews. It always looked so 'blah' and washed out in the tube. But the last time I was in Sephora I decided to pick it up and buy it without even swatching it. That's something that I NEVER do (I spend a lot of time planning cosmetics purchases) but I'm so glad I bought it. Dolly is really beautiful on the lips- a soft pink touched with mauve, plum and a little bit of berry. On my lips, it's a beautiful, natural MLBB color with just a hint of shimmer. I'm planning on wearing it all fall.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by JaydeWolfe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite lip gloss! It looks with everything. I have a hard time finding neutral colors that actually look good on me. This is the first one that has ever lived up to its claims! It does plump my lips just enough to be noticeable to me. It diminishes fine lines and creases in my lips. I also bought "Vanessa" as a dark contrast to this one and I love that one as well!