Joico Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo

4.2

-Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide Mea, Glycol Stearate, Pentapeptide-29 Cysteinamide, Pentapeptide-30 Cysteinamide, Tetrapeptide-28 Argininamide, Tetrapeptide-29 Argininamide, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-7, Diazolidinyl Urea, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Silicone Quaternium-16, Amodimethicone, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Undeceth-11, C11-15 Pareth-7, Butyloctanol, Undeceth-5, Laureth-9, Glycerin, Trideceth-12, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, PPG-12-Buteth-16, Polyamide-2, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance/Parfum, Ext. Violet 2 (CI 60730), Red 33 (CI 17200)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite purple shampoo , i never have brassy hair when i use it. allthough i do keep it in for about an hour at a time. my hair has never turned any colors, and is always white, i get so many compliments
i recommend it to all my blonde friends!

on 7/19/2010 2:35:00 PM

this is a great shampoo...does not make your hair feel like straw when washing...

Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo works perfectly. I have used sun-in for years... thus I am always trying to combat the warm slight brassiness side-effect. Like many of you, I have tried tons of purple toning shampoos. I just tried Sheer Blonde Color Renew Tone which only works so-so due to its light violet color. Loreal Professional and Clairol Shimmer Lights work, but dry your hair like crazy. So I usually use Matrix So Silver which works very well, but Joico Violet is even better. I used it the other day and I was actually shocked. Its very thick and pigmented, but at the same time it's the most gentle I've tried. However, it is still slightly more drying than a non toning shampoo, so make sure you use plenty of conditioner. My only other advice would be to rinse very thoroughly, and only use the shampoo once or twice a week--otherwise your hair will be grayish or worse purple.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Long hair oily roots dry ends bleached/low lighted hair type. I do not like this shampoo and Im a huge joico fan. For the price and color of the product I thought it would de-brass, and make my hair soft feeling. Ive been very happy with Clairol shimmer lights, and Aveda blue malva but wanted something that didnt dry my hair out as much. I figured this high end shampoo would give me both toning benefits, softness, and have healthy ingredients that I could feel a difference when I used. It made my hair feel like straw when I rinsed. Clairol shimmer lights also makes my hair feel like straw but at least its cheap. Also with Joico violet, it doesnt tone as well as clairol shimmer lights or aveda blue malva. This made some pieces look gray, and the rest stayed the same. Where as with shimmer lights I dont get grey pieces, but my yellowy pieces turn more cool toned blonde. It has a great scent, it reminds me of bath and body works plumeria. The conditioner works great, but it doesnt really do anything for blonde hair. Very drying, doesnt work as good as cheaper product, I will be returning asap!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is for the conditioner.

Did not alot for my hair colour but did leave it really soft.
.. thats about it. not worth the 30 bucks i paid

on 2/3/2010 11:55:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

My hair is bleached every two months (well the roots) to a white blonde shade and this shampoo is the only silver shampoo ive tried which maintains my colour. Its very thick and pigmented but at the same time it's the most gentle ive tried, it doesnt leave my hair dry, it doesnt turn my hair purple, it just works perfectly! Even weeks after my hair had been bleached and was looking brassy, this shampoo returned it to the colour it was after stepping out the salon.
I usually shampoo once with regular shampoo, then follow with this before conditioning. The directions say to leave it on 3-5 minutes but I only usually leave it for 2-3 and it works fine.
It's not too expensive at just under 13 because the bottle is 300ml! You only need to use a tiny amount once or twice a week so this is going to last you a looong time!

on 12/12/2009 8:13:00 PM

This is the best toning shampoo! It prevents my highlights from turning yellow, helps my lowlights stand out, and seems to help my highlights blend with my dark roots. I dont follow the directions, instead I wash my hair with another shampoo and then smother this highly pigmented purple shampoo on my hair, making sure not to rub it in. I put my hair into a shower cap for 15 minutes wait and then massage it into my hair and wait 3 minutes (these are the actual directions). I follow up with joico color therapy conditioner. I only need to do this once a week and it keeps my blonde color looking perfect. It does make my hair a little dryer (temporary), but does not cause my hair or scalp to turn purple. I can go much longer between coloring~love it!!

on 11/19/2009 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my HG toning shampoo. My hair is a very light blonde, and has been this colour for about two years now. I have tried two other toning shampoos, L'Oreal Shine Blonde and Schwartzkopf Bona Cure, and neither of them have done as good a job as Joico to tone my hair. I like the smell of Joico too. I'm on my 5th bottle or something... It's the best out there IMO. I find that if my hair is looking particularly brassy or I want it to be extra white, if I dampen my hair slightly and then apply the shampoo (it takes a lot of shampoo to do this!) and leave it for a good 10 mins, it goes super white! I've never found that it tinted my hair purple, just nicely controlled the brassiness. Love it!

on 11/5/2009 5:20:00 AM

This is the only purple shampoo I have ever tried but since bleaching streaks into my black hair I was really unhappy with how yellow it was. It's hard being asian and wanting light hair without sacrificing the health of your hair. When I had first got it done, my sister's bf told me my hair looked like vitamin C and i honestly didn't know what the hell that meant but i knew it wasn't good so i had to go back and get it toned down. Then I bought the purple shampoo and conditioner to make it even better. I must admit I could see results within the first wash, and it really did take out some (not all) of the yellow/orange tones. But the shampoo didn't seem to clean my hair at all and it felt a little hard to manage after I got out of the shower. I guess it felt a little dry. So I would buy this again but I won't use it everyday just cause it's so expensive and it's kind of drying. But i like the results.

on 8/29/2009 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair type: Chemically treated, medium in texture, dry/damaged, straight and long.

I was using the shampoo and conditioner from the L'Oreal Shine Blonde line for basically the whole time I had been been blonde. Although I knew the conditioner wasn't the best, the shampoo just didn't work the same on its own so I settled for second best, (third best if you want to get literal).

I hadn't planned on trying anything new until I came across a pack of both the Colour Endure Violet S&C in Eddy's One Stop Hair Shop so I decided to it a try. Besides, I was almost out of my usual toning shampoo and I was completely out of the matching conditioner.

Firstly, the thing that I like about Joico's packaging is that they give you enough product to last you a while (unlike L'Oreal). The packaging of both the shampoo and conditioner is tall but slim and they both should fit perfectly into any regular sized shower caddy. The flip top cap isn't annoying to use in the shower (I'm talking to you, Kerastase screw-top lids!) and it's when the product starts to run out I can just flip then upside down because of the flat surface of the lid.

This shampoo doesn't have any unpleasant scent nor does it have the best scent, it's just fresh and not overpowering. To me I find that the colour of the shampoo is identical to the colour of the De Lorenzo Silver Shampoo but similar in texture to L'Oreal Shine Blonde shampoo.

This shampoo removes the brassy tones in my hair without leaving any purple tinge behind. I don't need to leave it on for long and I only need a small amount. It leaves my hair feeling both clean and healthy but what I love most about this is that it doesn't dry out my hair (which is rare for a toning shampoo).

I highly recommend this shampoo to anyone looking for a non-drying toning shampoo. It's a great product and I will repurchase.