April 18, 2014 | 1795 users online

Shampoo - Joico - Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by fiunit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG toning shampoo. My hair is a very light blonde, and has been this colour for about two years now. I have tried two other toning shampoos, L'Oreal Shine Blonde and Schwartzkopf Bona Cure, and neither of them have done as good a job as Joico to tone my hair. I like the smell of Joico too. I'm on my 5th bottle or something... It's the best out there IMO. I find that if my hair is looking particularly brassy or I want it to be extra white, if I dampen my hair slightly and then apply the shampoo (it takes a lot of shampoo to do this!) and leave it for a good 10 mins, it goes super white! I've never found that it tinted my hair purple, just nicely controlled the brassiness. Love it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 5:20:00 AM More reviews by apk2

This is the only purple shampoo I have ever tried but since bleaching streaks into my black hair I was really unhappy with how yellow it was. It's hard being asian and wanting light hair without sacrificing the health of your hair. When I had first got it done, my sister's bf told me my hair looked like vitamin C and i honestly didn't know what the hell that meant but i knew it wasn't good so i had to go back and get it toned down. Then I bought the purple shampoo and conditioner to make it even better. I must admit I could see results within the first wash, and it really did take out some (not all) of the yellow/orange tones. But the shampoo didn't seem to clean my hair at all and it felt a little hard to manage after I got out of the shower. I guess it felt a little dry. So I would buy this again but I won't use it everyday just cause it's so expensive and it's kind of drying. But i like the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 4:37:00 AM More reviews by warhol

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hair type: Chemically treated, medium in texture, dry/damaged, straight and long.

I was using the shampoo and conditioner from the L'Oreal Shine Blonde line for basically the whole time I had been been blonde. Although I knew the conditioner wasn't the best, the shampoo just didn't work the same on its own so I settled for second best, (third best if you want to get literal).

I hadn't planned on trying anything new until I came across a pack of both the Colour Endure Violet S&C in Eddy's One Stop Hair Shop so I decided to it a try. Besides, I was almost out of my usual toning shampoo and I was completely out of the matching conditioner.

Firstly, the thing that I like about Joico's packaging is that they give you enough product to last you a while (unlike L'Oreal). The packaging of both the shampoo and conditioner is tall but slim and they both should fit perfectly into any regular sized shower caddy. The flip top cap isn't annoying to use in the shower (I'm talking to you, Kerastase screw-top lids!) and it's when the product starts to run out I can just flip then upside down because of the flat surface of the lid.

This shampoo doesn't have any unpleasant scent nor does it have the best scent, it's just fresh and not overpowering. To me I find that the colour of the shampoo is identical to the colour of the De Lorenzo Silver Shampoo but similar in texture to L'Oreal Shine Blonde shampoo.

This shampoo removes the brassy tones in my hair without leaving any purple tinge behind. I don't need to leave it on for long and I only need a small amount. It leaves my hair feeling both clean and healthy but what I love most about this is that it doesn't dry out my hair (which is rare for a toning shampoo).

I highly recommend this shampoo to anyone looking for a non-drying toning shampoo. It's a great product and I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2009 4:24:00 AM More reviews by jazne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have thin,oily but damaged hair,so i feel this is making my hair feel dry,havent used it so much to see any result.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Arbuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Made my hair grey and my hands purple. Not so drying out for my hair though. My hair was still quite brassy. I'll finish the bottle and won't buy it again. Phytargen by Phyto is much more moisturising.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2008 9:39:00 PM More reviews by mspotatohead

Like many of the other reviewers, I have tried many purple/toning shampoos--I've been highlighting my hair for more years than I can remember, but I prefer the platinum look, so I like to tone my hair every time I wash it. Shimmer Lights is fine, but I dislike the scent. I tried Claypac's violet shampoo, but I didn't like it enough to discontinue my search for a better product. Paul Mitchell's doesn't have enough pigment to it. ArtTec's violet shampoo was my mainstay for a couple of years, but I found this several months ago, and am now starting my second bottle. The scent is very pleasant, and the toning power/pigment is great (some violet shampoos are translucent, and those don't deliver enough pigment for me--this shampoo is a bright violet, opaque formula). I don't use this as my ordinary shampoo--instead, I wash my hair with a different shampoo, and then put my conditioner on the ends, and then use a small amount of this on my roots--weird technique, I know, but I find that this method tones well, and it doesn't leave my ends purple. Anyway, I would highly recommend this product, and will be purchasing it again.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by krista187

When my hair use to be SUPER WHITE BLONDE this was the only BLONDE shampoo that actually made any yellow or brassy tones in my hair COMPLETLEY gone!

It's not super expensive but not Dollar cheap. It runs about $10-$14 a bottle but you are not suppose to use it everyday. I use to use it once a week and it last forever! It's worth the money!

Purple/blue shampoos are designed to tone down the harsh yellows and gold tones in blonde hair.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by shesclassy

All blondes should own this! It does a super job of neutralizing the yellow tones in my hair and you only need a small amount as it's very concentrated. A lot better than L'oreal Professionnel and much less drying. A little expensive though, I payed $30 for a bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2007 8:05:00 AM More reviews by halogens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Worked okay. Wasn't too drying, but also didn't counteract the brass from bad hair color well enough even if I left it in for twenty minutes every other day. Also doesn't really clean the hair so you need to use another shampoo as well. My hair had a bit of an orange tint that I tried to counter, maybe it's better if it's more of a lighter yellow tint.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2007 10:22:00 AM More reviews by KatherineLesley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is probably the best violet shampoo I have ever used, and it actually smells comparatively pleasant to boot. Not only do you begin to see results after the first application, but it is much less drying than Shimmerlights and hardly any more expensive.