August 21, 2014 | 1858 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - 10hr Sleep Effect

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by mariyelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really enjoy this foundation. It's incredibly light and looks great on skin; almost mimicking a "second skin" effect. As I work hard to "perfect" my skin with a solid skin care regime, I avoid heavy, cake-inducing foundations that lack realism. The foundation's dewy finish looks very natural, although it maybe be too much of oily skinned folks. Didn't flake or dry on my moisturised and primed skin.

For my combo skin (oily nose/very dry cheeks) I specifically target my cheeks and lighten up on oilier zones. Due to my localized oil control regime on my nose (Milk of Magnesia/Smashbox Anti-shine/Pores-No-More) I often forsake foundation on my nose altogether

As it features a very light coverage (hence it's natural look) I spot conceal with Vichy Dermablend foundation (as i love its liquidy texture married with 10 hour's dewiness) for a perfected "realist" look.

The light scent is amazing however it (thankfully) dissipates soon after application.

Price is moderate, $26CAD maybe be some what expensive, but online shops may feature cheaper prices.

Definately an excellent product for those looking for a "no-makeup" foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by theprincessmelted

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great foundation! Blends well into my skin colour. I got this foundation for free bc my mom works with makeup companies. In the beginning, the colour made me look a little darker and redder, but as I tanned in the summer it looked better. Doesn't hide blemishes perfectly bc it is a light coverage, but it will reduce redness and even out skintone. My friend tried this and she loved it. I only use it on my cheeks. Sometimes I get more pimples in the area that I put it, but it doesn't make me break out, however I have fairly good skin.
    I wouldn't buy it bc it is rather pricey, I'd rather go for a drugstore brand, but I got enough free bottles to last me awhile. I only need to use a tiny amount to cover my cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Isaemor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

PROS: Easy to blend, Not Cakey, Easy to find colour match,
    CONS:Sometimes sticks to dry skin

if you are looking for an affordable but good quality foundation, this is it, much better then some more expensive ones too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by hcle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! Very lighter medium coverage which is perfect for everyday/natural look. I have very dry and sensitive skin and this can be worn ontop any time It never catches onto my dry flakes and hides quite well. Its a nice veil over my skin when i don't want to go all out or I feel like something heavy like liquid or cream will break me out/block my poors. Very low maintenence as it comes in a handy pump, easy to use. Definite repurchase, no break outs on my super sensitive skin and makes me look like i did have a 10 hour sleep! Happy!

Also I am nearly a Chanel Mat Lumiere Beige 40 and I use 73 beige clair in winter, 75 in summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Gill222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely foundation. The coverage you get is similar to a tinted moisturiser and it is very hydrating. It's great for all you girls out there with dry skin. Overall I am left with a dewy youthful glowy look. I find it is best set with powder over the t zone. I need to use a concealer on blemishes and under eye circles as it is quite a sheer foundation. Also this smells like rose petals however the scent fades after application. I would like a few more shade choices also.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by kolbaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i do like this product but unfortunately i cant wear it out of the house. i think this would be more than a perfect foundation for girls with drier skin as this is super hydrating and moisturising. as you probably already guessed, those features dont go well together with my oily skin. i find the coverage quite light and the smell is real nice. i wear it on days when i have people over at my place so it looks like im wearing no foundation :) it does make my face way more rested which i absolutely love, but if i wear it out of the house, the sun and heat make my skin oil up much faster so i wear other long staying foundations and set with powder to last long hours. great little gem, but not for me :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2011 5:56:00 AM More reviews by ninabegum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I REALLY wanted to love this. The colour match was perfect (Abricote) and the finish was exactly what I was looking for: light, dewy yet enough coverage to cover up any minor discolorations and blemishes. For reference I'm an NC37/NC40 and I didn't find it too orange or yellow, it seemed to just blend in really well. I have dry skin too and it kept my skin moisturised and didn't show up any dry patches.
    However, this broke me out really badly after a few days of use :( I had huge cystic pimples on my forehead and I rarely ever get spots! For me, it's probably the fragrance and some of the ingredients that broke me out, seeing as my skin is pretty sensitive. The fragrance is strong, like an apple-y smell, which doesn't fade away that quickly.
    I do use this on my sisters who have the same skin tone as me and it works on them beautifully. It also looks great in pictures. It just wasn't for me :(
    If you have sensitive skin then try before you buy, otherwise it's a great product for dry/normal skin, probably not for oily skin though.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by kristynad

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this foundation. Itīs cheap, so I wasnīt expecting anything breathtaking, but this foundation surprised me. The coverage is light - medium, it has a dewy, almost oily looking finish and it doesnīt last all day. Touch-ups during the day are a must. It doesnīt look cakey, but itīs not natural, itīs visible youīre wearing foundation. I donīt like the shades, because the fairest one is still too dark for me, but in summer, the fairest one is okay.

I wouldnīt buy this foundation again for now, because thereīs so many foundations I want to try, Iīm still loking for my holy grail.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2011 7:55:00 AM More reviews by curlywurly89

This is a nice foundation. I like it. In fact, I'm almost done with my current bottle. However, will i repurchase when it's all gone? Well..... No. While i do like it, i don't love it enough to run out and buy it. I may repurchase later in the future when bourjois goes on sale, but for now there are many other foundations on the market that I'd like to try.

What i like most about this foundation is it's coverage. It's rather light and natural. It really does not look like foundation. I'd say it's almost in between a tinted moisturizer and a foundation. It's enough to balance out my skin tone and blur out any minor imperfections. I also like that it doesn't require any fancy tools to "make it work." I only use my fingers and it blends beautifully. BUT..... the major let down with this foundation is the staying power. It's absolutely rubbish!! It looks nice for the first couple of hours but after that it completely evaporates - even with a primer underneath! So i only wear it when i know i won't be out for long which is inconvenient. I actually heard that their other popular foundation- healthy mix, has the exact same problem as far as it's lasting power is considered.

For reference- I'm NC 30 in MAC foundations and 73 beige claire is a perfect match!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by zac_timmy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Generally I didn't like this. I bought it 50% off in a sale. I liked the packaging- I like that style of pump bottle, you can get the foundation out easily without getting it everywhere.
    However, I didn't like:
    - the smell, while it wasn't offensive, I really prefer my foundations not to have any scent
    - I found it quite greasy, more so when applying it than during the day on my skin, and it hasn't made me break out or anything
    - it's a very sheer coverage, and pretty hard to build up

Pretty disappointing really, considering the regular price, I'd have expected more. My hunt continues for my perfect drug store foundation.