Simple Conditioning Eye Make-Up Remover

2.6

on 1/31/2010 6:18:00 AM

The price is very good, which next to having always had good experience with Simple products, made me try it. I am sure that very light eye make up can be taken off easily with this (not waterproof mascara though!)
I was quite disappointed by this product to be honest, but maybe i expected too much. It claims that it removes "waterproof mascara", but it took me 4 (!) completely soaked cotton woll pads to remove most of my eye makeup and even after that I still needed to use other makeup removing swipes to complete the task.
The packaging is good, straight forward. There is no smell to it, it does not sting in the eyes, but I was still disappointed by the rather weak performance of this product.

Cheap, effective and, well, simple! Fragrance free so I don't get the stinging that I sometimes get with perfumed eye make up remover. I want only the gentlest, most effective things on my eyes, and being cheap too, this Simple eye make up remover does the job. What's not to like?

I'm using this while debating getting an oil based MU remover and I find it's great for what it is. Takes off even some of my waterproof mascra and doesn't leave any nasty residue behind. Will continue to use this until I pluck up the courage to go out and get Shu Uemura's cleansing oil.

on 12/30/2009 7:17:00 AM

This eye make up remover has been one of my staples for ages. It is cheap and does the job. I have to use a lot more if I wear eye liner and heavier make up, but it is much better quality than more expensive brands (I tried samples provided by Estee Lauder and Clinique and they did not deliver at all).

Pros:
- cheap (around 3.00 per bottle)
- you can buy it in the supermarket (I get it in Boots when they have 3x2)
- it is delicate to the eyes and does not smell
- dissolves light make up without having to rub your eyes
- does not leave any residue on the eyelids after use (it is not oily)

Cons
- does not work with waterproof mascara
- requires a lot more work if you wear heavier make up (eye-liner, dark eyeshadows)

Considering the price it is a great product.

on 12/28/2009 2:33:00 PM

i don't have sensitive skin but my eyes are very sensitive to eye make up removers. even this irritates my eyes. :'( it makes my eye area red and sore and i end up crying. it doesn't remove waterproof mascara at all either. not very good.

really nice product, perfume free so easy on the skin and eyes, non oily so doesnt leave skin greasy, gives the lashes a nice condition and lasts a while! only requires a small amount onto a cotton pad and removes stubborn waterproof mascara with ease, had no problems with this product and will purhase again when I run out, also very cheap and value for money!

on 11/21/2009 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Removes my eye make up without stinging and has no harsh chemicals, perfume etc.

The only bad thing is that the product comes out of a small hole in the top, which takes alot of squeezing to get a decent amount out.

on 11/7/2009 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I liked the packaging of this and the fact that it looked so clear, clean and natural. I was also tempted by the fact that it was supposed to remove waterproof mascara. Unfortunately, it doesn't remove waterproof mascara at all. On the plus side, it is very gentle, unfragranced and not oily.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This product works well - I usually dab a small amount onto cotton wool and hold over my eye for about 30 seconds - and removes waterproof mascara and liquid eyeliner quite well. I have tried other products that are supposedly for "sensitive skin" and end up irritating my eyes. This is reasonably priced and doesn't give me red/itchy eyes.

on 9/15/2009 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

2 lippies: Not oily. Does not sting eyes. Only removes eyeshadow effectively.

It doesn't do much for mascara and eyeliner. Well it can remove them, however you need to use A LOT of product and do A LOT rubbing. If you have sensitive skin (like me) then you will end up with irritated dried up eyes after each use. This even made my contact lenses feel dry and uncomfortable , not nice =(
Def will notpruchase again as there are more gentle and effective eye makeup removers on the market