MAC 134 Large Powder Brush

4.5

on 6/19/2009 12:35:00 PM

I got this brush with the F & F discount, so the price wasn't as bad as it usually is however it is still quite expensive. I was just going to purchase the 138 and not this one however I decided at the last minute to add this to my cart. I am so glad I did. I like this more than the 138. It is so soft and great for any powder product. I tried this with my blot powder, my MSF, my bronzer and I love it for all of them. I highly recommend this brush to everyone. Mac had a F & F last June, and again in January, so I am hoping that they will have F&F again this coming January. I plan on purchasing more brushes during the next F&F. If you can wait for the discount event, the price isn't all that bad. Good brushes are worth the investment.

on 5/20/2009 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I adore this brush! It's amazing. I bought it when I was feeling down about my appearance. The sales associate told me that this was the best brush to use with the Mineralized Skinfinish powder and he was right! This brush allows me to use a small amount of powder. I've stopped using foundation now that the weather is warmer and more humid.

This is a lovely brush. Consider using it with your powders. It's definitely a lot nicer than the Kevyn Aucoin powder brush that I had been using.

If there's ever a need to repurchase, I definitely will. When I use this with the Skinfinish my face glows.

on 4/11/2009 12:40:00 PM

This brush is amazing! it's great for apply any kind of powdery products on your skin, very soft and fluffy! However I wont be buying it again, since I already have one, and I sure will take good care of it, I believe its one of the most expensive brushes in MAC.

on 3/30/2009 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this brush!! I picked mine up at the cosmetics company store. They had 2 left and my cousin and I picked them up! I'm sooooo happy with mine. This brush retails for $52 but we got ours for $35. That's a big difference for the same brush!! So if you're anywhere near a Cosmetics Company Outlet go and see what MAC brushes they carry because it's so worth it!

Mine shed a little when I first washed it and it bled A LOT! But that didn't surprise me. My 109 and 129 blend also. First it was like a grayish black color and as I washed it slowly turned into a light brown....and then clear=)

This brush is crazy soft! I just want to carry it everywhere I go! LOL....this brush feels so nice on your face and applies setting powder flawlessly. I turn into a giddy little girl everytime I use it because I love it so much. The only MAC brushes I own are face brushes i'm not ready to spurlge yet on eye brushes. One day though. I don't think I will need to repurchase because MAC brushes last a long time. But if heaven forbid I do lose it I will buy again. Anyway, get this brush if your CCO has it, its def worth it!

on 3/28/2009 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Very soft, big, flat face brush, but I'm having some trouble getting used to it. I've been using it to apply my Blot Powder, and it's a little overwhelming, but I'm getting the hang of it day by day.

Pretty pricey, even for MAC, but the quality is great!

on 3/27/2009 1:21:00 AM

the #134, although pricey to buy, the goat-hair is softer than soft. wide, dense, soft and heaven to the touch.... *grin* i can already see myself using this one as an alternative to my #182 M.A.C. Buffer Brush (RM130, goat hair, made in China) which i still love to death cos it's soft as a baby's ass (yups, or softer even). definitely an investment if i may say so. and i LOVE that it's ssssoooooo BIG and FAT and WIDE, it's crazy!!! and it's made in france, which is perfection. totally in love with this brush. expensive to splurge but will last forever, i just know it. used it this morning in place of my usual M.A.C. #182 Buffer Brush and OMG... it really picks up the perfect amount of powder foundation and it feels so ridiculously soft on my skin! can't wait to powder up every morning now. *hahahah* in terms of finish however, #182 produces a heavier/thicker coverage whereas #134 gives a lighter/natural coverage. i think it's the fact #182's denser bristles pick up more powder.

having seen where this brush's made in, i quickly looked at my other M.A.C. brushes...
#182 Buffer Brush (RM130)- made in China (no wonder the 'lower' price despite being so lovely)
#214 short shader brush (SGD$40)- made in japan
#209 liner brush (RM75)- made in USA
#219 pencil brush (RM98)- made in Japan
#239 eye shadow brush (RM103)- made in Japan
#311 lip brush (RM75) which i use for eyelining- made in France
#134 large powder brush (RM220)- made in france (wowser)

*yums*

on 3/13/2009 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

AWESOME BRUSH! The most expensive I own! But it's pretty soft. I so recommend going to the CCO for this brush. I only paid $39.50, compared to $52, it's somewhat of a saving. At first, the black dye from the bristles washed off, but after a few washes it cleared up. I wear Studio Fix powder on my lazy days and I find when I use a light hand, it leaves my face pretty nice! Makes a nice bronzer brush too. GO GET IT! So worth it. Oh yeah, made in France too! Oh la la!

on 3/13/2009 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I love this brush! My previous experience of MAC's brushes haven't been too good, i'm pretty sure the one I had before this was the #150 judging from the reviews. It was very hard and coarse and there was A LOT of shedding. This kind of tainted my view of MAC brushes...until I bought this one. Wow - what a difference. It's so soft and blends beautifully. I use if for powder but I don't see why it couldn't be used for blush too.

on 2/12/2009 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I think this is one of the most expensive brushes MAC carries as far as face brushes go. I almost got suckered in buying the Coastal Scents "dupe", but I am so glad I didn't cave in and saved my money instead :) *I'm so sick of the wasted money I used on dupes - just had to let that out lol*

I was debating between this brush and the 150 that I just decided to go for both (saving little bit at a time pays off at the end!). Although I don't need both, I love having both handy since I use a lot of loose/pressed powders (face/blush/bronzing etc). The brush is slightly too big for me to contour with (I use my 109 for that instead which is awesome!), but for a quick-in-a-hurry all over face application this is the best! The brush did shed a couple of times, but after a couple of washes it's good to go :)

on 2/9/2009 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I think I too got this brush during the F&F sale, its freaken pricey! I like this brush very much except that I really dont use it alot, the uses I have for it are when Im finished w/ my whole face and need to set w/ blot powder, thats all the use this brush gets, but I wasnt really hoping to use it for anymore than that, because its big and wide, and so so soft, I like it alot, and love how super dark the bristles are hahaha, idk why but they just seem to be the darkest bristles I've ever seen!

Popular Makeup Brushes