April 17, 2014 | 931 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 134 Large Powder Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 12:40:00 PM More reviews by macholic

This brush is amazing! it's great for apply any kind of powdery products on your skin, very soft and fluffy! However I wont be buying it again, since I already have one, and I sure will take good care of it, I believe its one of the most expensive brushes in MAC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 6:52:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

LOVE this brush!! I picked mine up at the cosmetics company store. They had 2 left and my cousin and I picked them up! I'm sooooo happy with mine. This brush retails for $52 but we got ours for $35. That's a big difference for the same brush!! So if you're anywhere near a Cosmetics Company Outlet go and see what MAC brushes they carry because it's so worth it!

Mine shed a little when I first washed it and it bled A LOT! But that didn't surprise me. My 109 and 129 blend also. First it was like a grayish black color and as I washed it slowly turned into a light brown....and then clear=)

This brush is crazy soft! I just want to carry it everywhere I go! LOL....this brush feels so nice on your face and applies setting powder flawlessly. I turn into a giddy little girl everytime I use it because I love it so much. The only MAC brushes I own are face brushes i'm not ready to spurlge yet on eye brushes. One day though. I don't think I will need to repurchase because MAC brushes last a long time. But if heaven forbid I do lose it I will buy again. Anyway, get this brush if your CCO has it, its def worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2009 6:11:00 AM More reviews by lastoneout

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very soft, big, flat face brush, but I'm having some trouble getting used to it. I've been using it to apply my Blot Powder, and it's a little overwhelming, but I'm getting the hang of it day by day.

Pretty pricey, even for MAC, but the quality is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by joucygal

the #134, although pricey to buy, the goat-hair is softer than soft. wide, dense, soft and heaven to the touch.... *grin* i can already see myself using this one as an alternative to my #182 M.A.C. Buffer Brush (RM130, goat hair, made in China) which i still love to death cos it's soft as a baby's ass (yups, or softer even). definitely an investment if i may say so. and i LOVE that it's ssssoooooo BIG and FAT and WIDE, it's crazy!!! and it's made in france, which is perfection. totally in love with this brush. expensive to splurge but will last forever, i just know it. used it this morning in place of my usual M.A.C. #182 Buffer Brush and OMG... it really picks up the perfect amount of powder foundation and it feels so ridiculously soft on my skin! can't wait to powder up every morning now. *hahahah* in terms of finish however, #182 produces a heavier/thicker coverage whereas #134 gives a lighter/natural coverage. i think it's the fact #182's denser bristles pick up more powder.

having seen where this brush's made in, i quickly looked at my other M.A.C. brushes...
#182 Buffer Brush (RM130)- made in China (no wonder the 'lower' price despite being so lovely)
#214 short shader brush (SGD$40)- made in japan
#209 liner brush (RM75)- made in USA
#219 pencil brush (RM98)- made in Japan
#239 eye shadow brush (RM103)- made in Japan
#311 lip brush (RM75) which i use for eyelining- made in France
#134 large powder brush (RM220)- made in france (wowser)

*yums*

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by halas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

AWESOME BRUSH! The most expensive I own! But it's pretty soft. I so recommend going to the CCO for this brush. I only paid $39.50, compared to $52, it's somewhat of a saving. At first, the black dye from the bristles washed off, but after a few washes it cleared up. I wear Studio Fix powder on my lazy days and I find when I use a light hand, it leaves my face pretty nice! Makes a nice bronzer brush too. GO GET IT! So worth it. Oh yeah, made in France too! Oh la la!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this brush! My previous experience of MAC's brushes haven't been too good, i'm pretty sure the one I had before this was the #150 judging from the reviews. It was very hard and coarse and there was A LOT of shedding. This kind of tainted my view of MAC brushes...until I bought this one. Wow - what a difference. It's so soft and blends beautifully. I use if for powder but I don't see why it couldn't be used for blush too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is one of the most expensive brushes MAC carries as far as face brushes go. I almost got suckered in buying the Coastal Scents "dupe", but I am so glad I didn't cave in and saved my money instead :) *I'm so sick of the wasted money I used on dupes - just had to let that out lol*

I was debating between this brush and the 150 that I just decided to go for both (saving little bit at a time pays off at the end!). Although I don't need both, I love having both handy since I use a lot of loose/pressed powders (face/blush/bronzing etc). The brush is slightly too big for me to contour with (I use my 109 for that instead which is awesome!), but for a quick-in-a-hurry all over face application this is the best! The brush did shed a couple of times, but after a couple of washes it's good to go :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Maxipoodle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I too got this brush during the F&F sale, its freaken pricey! I like this brush very much except that I really dont use it alot, the uses I have for it are when Im finished w/ my whole face and need to set w/ blot powder, thats all the use this brush gets, but I wasnt really hoping to use it for anymore than that, because its big and wide, and so so soft, I like it alot, and love how super dark the bristles are hahaha, idk why but they just seem to be the darkest bristles I've ever seen!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by bebejacket

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the biggest fluffiest brush I have found. Not the softest, but soft enough.

Expensive, but the one I have is really well made.

I've NOT experienced any shedding at all. I wash it biweekly, with shampoo and then condition. With hair conditioner. This has helped with shedding I experienced with OTHER powder brushes I own, hopefully will prevent that from happening with this one.

I like the paddle shape, and the the shorter handle is easier to pack for travel.

It picks up, and deposits just the right amount of powder foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by tstgirl

i bought this during mac's f & f sale so it was a good opportunity to purchase this very expensive brush. i can't exactly say whether it is worth the price. i have oily combination skin so i tend to like packing powders a little more. as a powder brush, it works fine but i have a pupa brush that i bought from ebay for about $30 for a 20 something brush set and their face brushes are much softer. for applying studio fix powder foundation, this gives you a light coverage but i prefer using the 183 flat top kabuki for powder foundation, it gives more coverage and buffs the foundation better. but as a bronzer brush, this works excellent because it picks up enough color, spreads the color just right and because of the size and shape, contouring your face makes it faster than using a 168 contour brush. if you are a person that likes to contour and use bronzer, it's worth getting. but if you're just looking for a powder brush, i wouldn't say you need to spend $52 for a powder brush and there are so many other options for just that purpose. i've decided to keep the 134 only because it does work well contouring and i got it at 25% off other than that, i wouldn't buy it again because of the price.