July 24, 2014 | 1370 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - S-Factor Heat Defender - Flat Iron Shine Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Turpentine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews here on MUA I decided to purchase this product in the hopes that it would do a better work than KMS Flat Out Hot Pressed Spray. It did indeed work much, much better than KMS's, and added both smoothness and shine to my hair after flattening it, no more frizziness! As long as you don't spray too much, it won't weigh down you hair. The smell is bearable and I don't really have anything against it, the reason why I removed 1 lippo is mainly due to the fact that the nozzle of the bottle could use some improvement.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 8:17:00 AM More reviews by missjanesmith

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have just bought my second bottle of this. I'm a brunette with shoulder length fine hair (but a lot of it) which can be quite frizzy and get greasy quickly. I have tried all sorts of serums and sprays to get straight and easy to manage hair. This is my HG hair product.

After years of putting about 3 different things on my hair to get it flat I now just spray about 4 or 5 sprays about 10 cm away (but I'm very careful not to spray it on to my roots) of this on my towel dried hair, comb it through, blow dry then straighten and I have silky soft and straight hair for the first time ever. Because I'm not putting a load of products on, my hair or roots it doesn't go greasy after one day. If I'm not washing my hair one day and I just straighten it before going out and my hair is still soft and healthy looking. I think some good quality hair straighteners have played a big part too but the heat-defence keeps my hair looking healthy and protected from a lot of heat.

I'm very pleased with it after several months of using it. A bottle has lasted ages. I think it smells lovely and fresh but doesn't have a lingering scent after your hair is dry and straight, which is a shame since the smell is so good but also a good thing so it doesn't clash with your perfume or other scents. I would definitely reccommend! It's a little expensive but shop around and you should find it at a reasonable price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 3:48:00 AM More reviews by PinkSoFoxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my hg heat styling product! I have used many highend salon products and this is by far the best. I flat iron or blow dry my hair almost everyday. Since I started using this my hair feels so much healthier, softer, silkier and smoother. Did I mention...I have long, dark brown, naturally coarse, thick, fluffy, poofy, unmanageable hair that I highlight to a light blonde. Sounds like a mess i know and yes that's true, but with the right products it is the exact opposite! I actually have the most well-behaved hair, thanks to top of the line products like this s-factor flat iron shine spray. It is ultra light weight too, doesn't look greasy or weigh my hair down at all. By the way, it smells heavenly! Someone else compared it to strawberry yogurt and I totally agree! That's one major factor for me, it has to smell really good before it goes on my hair. That's what turned me off to chi silk infusion...it smells terrible, to me anyway. So about the price of this s-factor line, it's all expensive. I paid $29.99usd which i think is a lot, but once I started using it I realized how much better it was than any other highend heat protectant I've tried, for only a few bucks more. Plus it lasts a really long time. For me, this product is well worth the price. I will be repurchasing this over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the heat protector I use on blow dried hair, before flat ironing. I try to cut down on heat damage, so I use Redken Heat Glide on towel dried hair to blow dry, then this, when my hair is completely dry and before flat ironing.
I usually spray it about 10-15 minutes before I actually use the flat iron, otherwise I see vapours coming out of my hair, which doesn't seem good for the hair. The nozzle sprays evenly, I do about 2 sprays on each of the 5 sections of hair I make. It smells amazing and after one pass with the flat iron + comb, my hair is pin straight and silky and incredibly shiny. It looks like glass almost, and very healthy (it's not really healthy, to say the least).
It doesn't make my hair look greasy even when I know I sprayed too much.
I only gave it a 4 because I still get breakage, those nasty white dots where the hair bends to 90 degrees then it snaps, but I guess no product can provide 100% protection so that you get no damage at all.
It is expensive so I'm not sure if I will rebuy, I'll be looking for other cheaper products to replace it, but I will go back to it if I don't find something equally good. It surely last a long time though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 4:26:00 AM More reviews by BlueLibra20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love it! I straighten my hair often it and it works wonders. Using this makes straightening my hair less damaging. And I love the fruity smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by MES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Once again another great product from TiGi. The stylist applied this before flat ironing my hair, and OMG!!! It was sleek and natural looking. It didn't weigh down my hair of make it greasy. The next day my hair still looked great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by SilverChez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've actually had this for about six months; I used once on dry hair and this made it look nasty, so I threw it in a drawer and forgot about it. I usually don't use a heat protector, despite daily flat ironing and blow drying. My hair definitely began to look abused after awhile!

Anyways, decided to use it on a whim on WET hair and it was FAB!!! I have fine hair cut (but a lot of it) into chin length stacked bob, for reference. I sprayed this into my hands then dispersed on my hair from the ears down, blew dry with a round brush, then finished the ends with a flat iron. Using on wet hair has given me much more body!!! I love it! My hair is smooth and under control, yet has movement.

I can see how this might get greasy if used excessively or on dry hair; using it in moderation on wet hair has solved this issue.

My only gripes are the cost (don't remember how much it was, but over $20) and the crappy packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by buttascotch1

This product worked really good... however, I noticed at sally's beauty supply, there is a product called Beyond the Zone Heat Spray and it was the EXACT SAME INGREDIENTS, i mean on the point exact, so I returned this $20 product and went and bought the $6 product at sallys. I can't believe they use the same ingredients but charge 3x more. but they both work the same

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

If you want shiny glossy hair like you see in shampoo commercials, then you have to try this stuff. A little goes a long way, so unless you have dry hair, you probably just need to spray a little on your top layers before using a flat iron. Easy to use and the results last for several days.
The smell is lovely, too, but the packaging could do with some improvement (I ended up throwing out the ridiculous lid).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by xsnowwhite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product smells SOO good. I would buy it again just for that! Its a very sweet strawberry smell. Anyways I love how it protects the hair from my flatiron, I really do think it helps. It also makes my hair more manageable and the flatiron slides through my hair as opposed to pulling the hair. Love it!