Crystal Crystal Roll-On Body Deodorant

Purified water (aqua), natural mineral salts, potassium alum, cellulose

on 12/17/2009 5:50:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't know if I did something wrong or what- but I really really wanted to love this! All natural, no bad chemicals, non-irritating for my very sensitive underarms- it truly seemed perfect based off reviews. Controls B.O but not so much effective for sweating- I don't sweat much, just need something to keep me smelling fresh.

Well- this was not effective in the "fresh" department for me whatsoever! I'm very dissapointed! I'm going to test out Almay Hypo allergenic next, but I hope in the future I'm able to find something all natural that will not make me smell WORSE than if I used nothing. For now I'm back to using my trusty but irritating and chemical laden Dove.

Oh- also the packaging on this is hideous- can't it atleast be semi-attractive? It get's a 2 though in my book for being all natural.

on 11/9/2009 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Now I don't sweat much, so I only have a little odor during the summer heat. However, after applying this (and waiting for a while for it to dry) I have never had any odor. Bonuses- it's all natural, unscented (no smelling like febreeze!), cheap, and won't leave nasty yellow stains on your shirts.

on 10/15/2009 12:33:00 AM

The roll-on did not work out so well for me, but the regular crystal is awesome. With the crystal, you have to wet it and then do something like 30 swipes under each arm for it to work. I figured the roll-on would save me some time, but it does not hold up nearly as well as the regular crystal.

on 9/10/2009 12:13:00 PM

I wanted to try a product that did not have the "bad" stuff in it. I was tired of my shirts being damaged from all that "fake" stuff (they would be yellow and disgusting within months of purchase. I found this and Tom's. They were comparable, but my grandmother used to use a crystal when I was growing up. I do sweat a lot, even with antipersperants (sp) so I figured, let's try. I love it. My odor is down, I still sweat, but my clothes are free!!! I will definitely buy again.

on 8/1/2009 12:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I tested this deodorant for a bit and it didn't work for me very well:( I was very disappointed. I had to reapply throughout the day quite a bit. Making it very inconvenient.

on 6/18/2009 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I would recommend this product if you do not have an issue with sweating. It really does control B.O for the most part and lasts all day. The downside of course is the sweating so I can only use this product when I'm wearing black or darker colors so the sweat stain is not so obvious. I also like to wear this deodorant on the wknds to give my skin a rest from the harsher deodorants that contain chemimicals. I think it is the best natural deodorant out there, even better than Tom's of Maine.

on 6/13/2009 2:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is the first natural deodorant I've tried. I wanted to go with something more natural that didn't contain aluminum and I was also sick of dealing with white marks under my arms and on my clothes. You do have to wait a bit for it to dry and it since it is not an anti-perspirant, you will still sweat, but I love this stuff. It works well even after working out and sweating a lot. The only thing is you can only reapply to freshly washed pits, otherwise it won't work as well. I have since bought an actual crystal rock I use instead of the liquid as one crystal lasts for years and there's not as much plastic packaging waste or expense involved...also the rock is more travel-friendly.

on 6/1/2009 12:07:00 AM

I had always needed to use clinical strength to prevent odor and I was so suprised to see that this really works. I'm so glad I can stop buying deodorants that irritate my skin and have harmful ingrediants.

on 4/20/2009 11:54:00 PM

I like this deodorant a lot! It works pretty well keeping BO away, but does not fully work as an antiperspirant... Which is ok for me, since I don't sweat that much anyway, and I think sweating is absolutely normal for the body ( and trying to stop it doesn't seem right ). I just had problems with this deodorant once, when it was almost that time of the month, and i was stressing out badly with exams. Otherwise it's just perfect. For me, it works way better than drugstore aluminum deodorants.

Update: this still works as a deodorant, but for some reason I developed a rash from it, so I can't use it anymore. It worked perfectly for a year, and now, every time I try to use it again, I get an itchy rash. very weird...

on 2/18/2009 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was soooo skeptical when I bought this. I thought I was wasting my money. I had tried all kinds of deodorants...clinical strength, the crazy burning kind, everything. I picked this up at a health food store and I've been using it every day for 2 weeks and I am completely amazed! It feels like you have no deodorant on (which is kinda weird at first) and it keeps me smell free allllll day! I wish I had found out about this sooner.

Top Rated Crystal Products