October 24, 2014 | 1841 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Roll-On Body Deodorant

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2009 12:13:00 PM More reviews by pennyinman

I wanted to try a product that did not have the "bad" stuff in it. I was tired of my shirts being damaged from all that "fake" stuff (they would be yellow and disgusting within months of purchase. I found this and Tom's. They were comparable, but my grandmother used to use a crystal when I was growing up. I do sweat a lot, even with antipersperants (sp) so I figured, let's try. I love it. My odor is down, I still sweat, but my clothes are free!!! I will definitely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2009 12:40:00 PM More reviews by scrappymamas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tested this deodorant for a bit and it didn't work for me very well:( I was very disappointed. I had to reapply throughout the day quite a bit. Making it very inconvenient.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by kikibean7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would recommend this product if you do not have an issue with sweating. It really does control B.O for the most part and lasts all day. The downside of course is the sweating so I can only use this product when I'm wearing black or darker colors so the sweat stain is not so obvious. I also like to wear this deodorant on the wknds to give my skin a rest from the harsher deodorants that contain chemimicals. I think it is the best natural deodorant out there, even better than Tom's of Maine.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ABB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first natural deodorant I've tried. I wanted to go with something more natural that didn't contain aluminum and I was also sick of dealing with white marks under my arms and on my clothes. You do have to wait a bit for it to dry and it since it is not an anti-perspirant, you will still sweat, but I love this stuff. It works well even after working out and sweating a lot. The only thing is you can only reapply to freshly washed pits, otherwise it won't work as well. I have since bought an actual crystal rock I use instead of the liquid as one crystal lasts for years and there's not as much plastic packaging waste or expense involved...also the rock is more travel-friendly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by rox011

I had always needed to use clinical strength to prevent odor and I was so suprised to see that this really works. I'm so glad I can stop buying deodorants that irritate my skin and have harmful ingrediants.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Bisou25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this deodorant a lot! It works pretty well keeping BO away, but does not fully work as an antiperspirant... Which is ok for me, since I don't sweat that much anyway, and I think sweating is absolutely normal for the body ( and trying to stop it doesn't seem right ). I just had problems with this deodorant once, when it was almost that time of the month, and i was stressing out badly with exams. Otherwise it's just perfect. For me, it works way better than drugstore aluminum deodorants.

Update: this still works as a deodorant, but for some reason I developed a rash from it, so I can't use it anymore. It worked perfectly for a year, and now, every time I try to use it again, I get an itchy rash. very weird...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was soooo skeptical when I bought this. I thought I was wasting my money. I had tried all kinds of deodorants...clinical strength, the crazy burning kind, everything. I picked this up at a health food store and I've been using it every day for 2 weeks and I am completely amazed! It feels like you have no deodorant on (which is kinda weird at first) and it keeps me smell free allllll day! I wish I had found out about this sooner.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by soopinkk

I love this deodorant and the fact that it is free of aluminum. I've used Secret Clinical Strength for the longest time (since it first came out) and it worked wonders, but then it stopped working for me. I started to sweat through my clothes and the smell of the deodorant itself was too much. When mixed with my sweat (sorry for the grossness) it just made it worse. Although, the Crystal deodorant isn't an antiperspirant, I think it works really good. I have dance in school and when I use the deodorant by itself I still have a little stench, but I just put Dove deodorant over it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by pandiddles

This is my go-to deodorant. It really works. It is NOT an antiperspirant, but of course this means it is free from aluminum and other questionable ingredients - I find the concept of blocking ones pores from emitting sweat questionable in itself. But for odour this does the job, and with no marking or other side effects. It has the most delicate barely-there scent. I continue to search for a comparable natural product with a pretty fragrance, but so far to no avail. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have bought so many containers of this over the years that I have lost count. This is the only deoderant that doesn't give me rashes or stain all of my clothes yellow the way conventional anti-perspirants had a way of doing. It will not prevent you from sweating of course, but as far as odor control goes, this is top notch. This is pretty much the definition of a holy grail product for me, and I don't find myself looking at anything else.