April 19, 2014 | 925 users online

Moisturizers - Paula's Choice - Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

!!! i love this stuff. makes my skin so soft and smooth. lots of great, completely non-greasy moisture. i pair this up with one of paula's super antioxidant concentrates, and i'm usually good to go for the day.

re: the smell of the stuff - it's pretty strong when you put it on, but i find that the smell goes away rather quickly. i can't smell it at all once it has dried. way better than many moisturizers i have used. will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 1:23:00 AM More reviews by chopstix888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

the product works ok. it takes a little wait to sink into your skin though but OMG the smell is horrible. It smells like spoiled milk. I would definitely not use this again - my dh and son won't want to go near me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2008 1:35:00 PM More reviews by treecatd

I really love this product in combitnation with a 2% BHA...however it makes me cringe just to think of the smell. I was reading the reviews here- so i was prepared for it to smell 'funky' ...but this smells like salt & vingar chips or just vinegar..it's sooo strong and long lasting. Seriously i'm willing to pay the price of beauty- but i want a product that i'm looking forward to using not one that makes me *almost* gag.
Maybe i'm too sensitive, but i can smell it for about 30-45 minutes even when i just apply this around my eyes....The only solution i found is to apply it and then use my parfume ( not on my face LOL) right after this step, which is normally the last thing i do in the mornings .and it's not very practical at night ( luckly i use something else at night) ...my BH claims he cannot smell it - so maybe it's just me ;(
EDIT: FOUND THE PERFECT solution for the stink - light a scented candle/oil burner before you shower , once your ready to do skincare relax by the candle/oilburner and inhale before you start with this little stinky poo darling lotion =) LOL

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by GinSengTea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought a second bottle of this moisturizer. I like using this moisturizer in the summer under my sunscreen. It doesn't make my face look shiny at the end of the day. I like that it's light, absorbs quickly and have plenty of antioxidants. I let it absorb into my face for several minutes, then put on my physical sunscreen (Solar Sense Clear Zinc, Advanced Sun Protection, For Face SPF 45).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by josie_1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

generally this is a pretty nice moisturiser, although it is true to its name and is VERY light.
i dont have dry skin at all, tend to lean towards combination which can get oily in parts.
when applied, i feel as though i have literally done nothing to my face and actually i find i tend to actually get dry which is really strange.
one plus, i dont break out with this, but i think i need something a little more moisturising.
oh and the full size of this is TINY TINY TINY !! not worth the $$$$$
back to the drawing board !!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by thecappysmom

So far I've only used a sample of this, but I'm planning to order a full-size soon. Have to agree with others here that the smell is, uh, unusual and rather strong, but it does fade after a few minutes (or maybe I get used to it). Bottom line is it seems to be just enough moisture without breaking me out, which is significant for me. I also tried a sample of the skin balancing moisture gel, which had no odor and felt fabulous going on. But I woke up to annoying little whiteheads around my mouth and I suspect it was the culprit. So I'm going to risk the odd smell and go with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2008 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Bomzhuyka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried it only from a sample and it a very weird texture. I'm not sure how it is in the full size bottle, but in the sample it broke down and separated into a clear liquid and slimy white water stuff. I applied it to my face and it seemed very greasy and didn't absorb quite as fast as a lotion should, and it left my face shiny. Very strange since this is a lotion and both, the hydrating cream and the skin recovery cream, left my face quite matte and were easily absorbed. I don't know if I got a bad sample but this one was sure bad and if the lotion is really like that, there is no way I will purchase a full size.
UPDATE: I bumped it up to 5 lippies because I got a second sample and it was nothing like the first one. I guess the first one was defected. The second sample had no separation, had nice white solution that easily absorbed and left my skin silky smooth. Quite moisturizing and paired with PC cleanser for normal to dry skin makes a perfect combination. My skin is usually dehydrated, but this combo makes it very soft and moisturized. I was considering purchasing the hydrating cream, but I think as summer approaches, this lotion is all I need. Can't comment on the packaging quality since I only tried samples. Although it does look quite weird on the website. I wish it came in a tube.
One thing though: it has a very chemical scent, more so then the usual "unscented" version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 11:08:00 AM More reviews by heyannette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I just repurchased this, the one ounce bottle lasted me almost a year. Still, it is a bit over priced for Paula's stuff and her philosophy of not over charging for skin care. Maybe this stuff has some super expensive ingredients? Regardless, it is my holy grail of moisturizers. I don't notice a smell at all! If there is a scent, it's natural and not some fake perfume which is gross and so bad for skin. I use this at night and all I need during the day is Paula's 2% bha liquid under my foundation and powder.

editing April 23 2008 So, I paid attention to the scent and yes it's there, it's from one of the natural extracts in the lotion. I notice it when I put it on and that's it. So not an issue for me - love this stuff! Upped my rating to 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2008 11:55:00 AM More reviews by miscreant_minx

I was not really into any PC moisturizer (devoted to her cleanser/tonor/exfollients, only), but when this came out I decided to try it. I really like this.

Cons: The packaging kinda sucks and it squirts out awkwardly; the price feels a little steep although it's actually on par with some of the excellent stuff coming out from Olay. (To my dismay, I can't use the acclaimed Regenerist products without breaking out). I also don't like that I have to mail order this, and I can't get a good sense on when I'm running low on the product.

BUT, this is a moisturizer that performs. It hydrates me without making me oily, or causing me to break out. It doesn't sit on the skin, and the texture feels amazing going on, even though at first it seems like it might be too light. This is perfect for under my heavy sunscreen, and it is a perfect summer nighttime moisturizer. In winter I will probably need something just a little more potent, but this has solved my problem of finding a good moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2008 3:16:00 PM More reviews by znagel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried a sample..it felt like it worked well..but I am sensitive to smells and it smelled like sweaty gym socks to me...rather intolerable..so I will not be buying.