August 22, 2014 | 1051 users online

Moisturizers - Paula's Choice - Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by indychic

It appears that this has been reformulated due to all the complaints about the smell. I didn't use it prior to the redo so I can't compare & am assuming I have the updated version. This does have a slight sour smell to me when I first apply but dissipates pretty quickly (on me). I like the texture & milky light weight but if the smell were any stronger or didn't fade I wouldn't use it.

I think I like the Skin Balancing Gel a bit better because it has niacinamide which I like, however, it has a more silicone/velvet finish & feel to it which I sometimes don't want. I purchased this when the Skin Balancing Gel was out of stock & might repurchase but am not certain. I think I would give a 3.5 lippies if it were possible.

UPDATE 4/11/09: Meh, downgrade to 3 lippies. I returned this for the Skin Balancing Gel & like it better. This was light but I don't care for the texture under makeup & the sour smell got worse.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this only once at night, and almost had to get up out of bed to wash it off...it smells awful! It smells strongly like Elmer's Glue (ya know, that awful sour chemical scent). Really disgusting, and the horrible smell didn't fade. It pains me to give any of Paula's products a poor review, since I've loved everything else of hers I've tried. I thought perhaps the sample had gone bad, and opened another one....nope same awful scent! For oily or combo skin I highly recommend her "Skin Balancing Moisture Gel", it actually made my skin feel softer than this one, and did so without the horrible stench!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

I've been using PC products off and on for years now, and it seems that recently, my skin has really started to respond positively. I suppose that now that I'm older, effective products and ineffective ones become more apparent since I now actually need products to fix my aging skin! But I digress.

I bought this because I wanted something to use at night on areas where I don't use the BHA lotion (which for me also doubles as a moisturizer), such as around my eyes. When I first started to use it, it did seem a little watery and perhaps a little separated, but shaking up the pump bottle before use solves this problem. It is thin in consistency and doesn't seem like it would do much, but for me and my oily skin, it's just right. It sinks right in and moisturizes much more than I expected. Other moisturizers that I've tried with as light of a consistency as this just aren't as effective as Hydralight. I use this over the super balancing antioxidant, and its perfect I am guessing that other people with blessed with less oily skin than I might need more than this, though.

I like the practical, sanitary pump packaging which meters out just the right amount of product for me. It's not fancy, but it gets the job done, so that's as much as I ask for. Price is USD 18.95 for 2 oz, which I think is very reasonable. Yes, I'd rebuy. Although I've been buying PC products for years, I've always cheated but come back. This time, i think I may just have to stick with this line. For the price/performance, I think its hard to beat.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2008 10:48:00 AM More reviews by loui27

I've been reading PB product reccomendations for years and thought i should try out her products. i'm in the UK so I order from the Europe site..I use and love the Balancing Cleanser and Antioxidants for all skin types. Hydralight isn't quite mositurizing as i had hoped for me. it does soak into my skin nicely but my skin still feels like it needs a 'drink' in this UK Autum/Winter weather. i'm not going to throw this away as i'm sure it will work perfectly in the summer, I will however order the Hydrating Cream and see whether that provides enough mositure. overall i am always very happy with Paula's products. i like the no fuss packaging - i'm well over the the days of having to have products that looked 'pretty' in my bedroom & bathroom.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by vdn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Surprisingly effective for such a light lotion. Smell doesn't bother me. ETA Sorbic acid not good for rosacea, causes blotches?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

!!! i love this stuff. makes my skin so soft and smooth. lots of great, completely non-greasy moisture. i pair this up with one of paula's super antioxidant concentrates, and i'm usually good to go for the day.

re: the smell of the stuff - it's pretty strong when you put it on, but i find that the smell goes away rather quickly. i can't smell it at all once it has dried. way better than many moisturizers i have used. will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 1:23:00 AM More reviews by chopstix888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

the product works ok. it takes a little wait to sink into your skin though but OMG the smell is horrible. It smells like spoiled milk. I would definitely not use this again - my dh and son won't want to go near me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2008 1:35:00 PM More reviews by treecatd

I really love this product in combitnation with a 2% BHA...however it makes me cringe just to think of the smell. I was reading the reviews here- so i was prepared for it to smell 'funky' ...but this smells like salt & vingar chips or just vinegar..it's sooo strong and long lasting. Seriously i'm willing to pay the price of beauty- but i want a product that i'm looking forward to using not one that makes me *almost* gag.
Maybe i'm too sensitive, but i can smell it for about 30-45 minutes even when i just apply this around my eyes....The only solution i found is to apply it and then use my parfume ( not on my face LOL) right after this step, which is normally the last thing i do in the mornings .and it's not very practical at night ( luckly i use something else at night) ...my BH claims he cannot smell it - so maybe it's just me ;(
EDIT: FOUND THE PERFECT solution for the stink - light a scented candle/oil burner before you shower , once your ready to do skincare relax by the candle/oilburner and inhale before you start with this little stinky poo darling lotion =) LOL

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by GinSengTea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought a second bottle of this moisturizer. I like using this moisturizer in the summer under my sunscreen. It doesn't make my face look shiny at the end of the day. I like that it's light, absorbs quickly and have plenty of antioxidants. I let it absorb into my face for several minutes, then put on my physical sunscreen (Solar Sense Clear Zinc, Advanced Sun Protection, For Face SPF 45).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by josie_1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

generally this is a pretty nice moisturiser, although it is true to its name and is VERY light.
i dont have dry skin at all, tend to lean towards combination which can get oily in parts.
when applied, i feel as though i have literally done nothing to my face and actually i find i tend to actually get dry which is really strange.
one plus, i dont break out with this, but i think i need something a little more moisturising.
oh and the full size of this is TINY TINY TINY !! not worth the $$$$$
back to the drawing board !!!