November 25, 2014 | 1853 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Ultimate Expressions Eyeshadow Palette - Sand Castle 396 [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by mollyfaerie

Don't judge this product until you've tried it; it's surprisingly great quality! Wet 'n' Wild has really stepped up with these shadows. You get a great variety of colors and textures (some colors are shimmery and some are matte). And the case has a huge mirror large enough for me to do my whole face with! I was really impressed with the pigmentation with these shadows. These are the more browns with a little bit of plums also, great for a natural look.

I do use an eyeshadow primer with it and they last all day, but I don't go without primer so I can't judge it alone. Also, becase the colors are highly pigmented, I recommended using an eyeshadow brush to blend the color more and keeping a Q-tip too just in case you mess up. Definately a great buy for $5!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 6:20:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

I have these in paradise cove also. I just love the colors and they are so inexpensive!!! I think the other pallete is more flattering for my blue/green eyes, but these are pretty too. I just love how pigmented they are and the endless looks you can create. I also like that it comes with a full size mirror, even though its kind of bulkey. Also last a full 8 hour workday on my oily eyelids which is impressive. Great everyday eye colors and I highly recommend them!! And for only $5 you can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 2:05:00 AM More reviews by ostamos

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this so much with my brown eyes. They do not stock anymore of these Ultimate Expessions sets at Walgreens and could not find any in Sand Castle in a few CVS pharmacies. Once I realized they are not stocking these at Walgreens I went to all the CVS pharmacies until I found a Sand Castle and brought another one. I really liked the mirror.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2009 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Missmb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I never thought that I would get so much use out of a Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadow palette, but here I am about a year later still using it on a daily basis. For the price, this is a versatile, good product. Some shades are great for a brow bone highlight, others are good on the lid for a subtle daytime look, and the darker colors are perfect for a nighttime, flashy look. The staying power is good, but as usual with WNW, you get mediocre, cumbersome packaging including a hidden mirror you can slide out from underneath. The shadows tend to crumble if you carry around the palette in a bag or suitcase, so fragility is a slight problem. For the money, this is a particularly good buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 1:57:00 AM More reviews by NancyT

Bought this palette. Noticed some of the shadows had crumbled before I had a chance to use them. Must have happened in the bag during transport. Got a new, unbroken one. Used it twice. Loved the color. Slipped out of my hand (it's heavy and hard to open) and dropped all of 1 foot onto my table. It shattered. Will not repurchase. The shadows are way too fragile and will disintegrate at the slightest bump. Not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by k1zuna

8 mac eyeshadows cost around $110;
8 wet 'n wild eyeshadows cost only $5;
I don't see much difference in qualities.
Conclusion: buy this, ditch your other eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by sundus1

I love this pallet, and I use it almost every time i put on make up weather for highlight colors crease color or lid colors it has it all. I have the one in GOLDEN SHIMMERS. Another thing I like about it is the mirror it comes with its great for traveling good size mirror. pigmentation great, fall out a little, color is true some are too much shimmer. $4 for all these colors very generous. overall great would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by lucy1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i purchased this palette at target for like $4! the colors looked so beautiful and when i swatched them, i was in love with them! this palette has the perfect colors to make a bronzy/gold looks. the colors are easy to blend.

i really dont like how the mirror keeps coming out...sucks, but i taped it down :)

the colors are great! lasts long!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by frenchcourtesan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

BAD. BAD. BAD. Horrible pigmentation. Fallout. NO lasting power whatsoever. DO NOT buy it. I can't believe people said it was great. It's not. It's Horrible! Trust me on this one. DO NOT waste your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by beauty1010

Absolutely love this product. It has great pigmentation and stays on for a long time. The price couldn't be any more accessible. I love it!