December 22, 2014 | 946 users online

Foundations - Meow Cosmetics - Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by sawmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used samples for a week, and just got my full size. I love it. It gives me a great finish, perfect undertones (never knew there were so many undertones before), and holds off the oil. It's not thick coverage for those who want that, but concealer on problem areas does the job. I look really, really good, and I never thought I would say that. I've tried Monave and Larenim (both broke me out, despite their claims that they won't), Rejuva (too thick for my preference and too glowy), Sheer Cover (weird dry finish).

Edit: After using this for about 2 years, I realized I am sensitive to titanium dioxide. It makes me break out. So I had to stop using this foundation, which I really only wore on my nose/cheeks. It is still everything I said before, but I never could use it on my forehead or I was asking for little pimples. Their color selection is the best out there, and finish is very real. If you're not sensitive to titanium dioxide, try this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by rocksmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love, love, love this stuff!

This is the third MMU I've tried. The first was BE which made me itch like crazy. The second was EDM. I liked it when I first used it, but started noticing that I could really see it sitting on my face. I don't know if they changed the formula or the "honeymoon" phase was over or what.

After reading the reviews here, I decided to try Meow Cosmetics. Boy am I glad I did. This stuff is amazing! It looks so much more natural and feels light and soft on my face. It holds up really well against my oily skin too.

One of my favorite things about this makeup is that it doesn't oxidize. It's the same color on my wipes at the end of the day as it was coming out of the jar. Everything else comes off looking bright orange!

Granted I haven't tried all the MMU brands, but Meow is definitely the best of what I have tried. The product is wonderful, the prices are great, the names are even clever. I also like the idea of supporting a smaller company. The only other one I think I would consider trying at this point is Alima since it also has such great reviews. I might try some samples of it just so I know what's out there, but I'm very happy with Meow!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by bethelanneh

I love this makeup! I was so frustrated trying to find a mineral makeup that actually matched my skin tone and did not turn me into an oil slick. I tried BE, EDM and Alima and none of them worked for me. I almost did not try Meow, but I am so glad I did.

First, even if you have no idea what you undertone is (which I did not), Meow's descriptions will guide you to a few choices. I didn't even use the online help (which I hear is excellent) and still found a workable match in my first try. I then narrowed it down and found the perfect shade in Frisky Manx. I spent a lot more time and money trying to find matches with Alima and EDM and they were still never right. BE was a terrible match and most makeup is way to pink for me.

I have had no reactions to this foundation and I have very sensitive skin. I can't wear liquid foundation at all (or not more than a day or two) without having a reaction. I've fallen asleep with this on and still have not had any problems.

The coverage is quite sheer, but I like that. You can build and build and never look chalky. It is so forgiving. The color match is so good that you can't see if you've missed a spot. The overall look is natural as it enhances your skin rather than covering it up completely. You can mix in concealer for heavier coverage, but I'm still working on the best way to do that. I could definitely use a little extra coverage on my red cheeks (looks like very mild rosacea), but I'd rather have something a little more sheer than use a heavy foundation to eliminate the red and have to follow up with blush so I don't look like a corpse. I have my own natural blush anyway!

This foundation never feels heavy and doesn't slide off throughout the day. I don't find that it controls oil all that well, but it does not exacerbate the problem, so I can live with blotting half-way through the day. Honestly, there is nothing I have ever tried where I don't need to blot at least once. I did find that some mineral makeups caused my oil glands to go into overdrive (like BE and most of the EDM formulations). I'm not sure why that is, but it was not a good look!

This makeup is definitely worth a try. I don't love the baggies they use for samples or even the look of the website necessarily, but the product is fantastic. The ridiculously low price is a bonus because I'd definitely pay more (and have) for a makeup that looks good, is no fuss, and does not upset my sensitive face.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Stia3652004

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this foundation in Fierce Korat. I ordered a ton of samples before purchasing the full jar. This is the best mineral foundation that I own! I have sensitive skin and it doesnt break me out (even when I sleep with it on). It does have to settle so the color may look off at first but once it settles in, its makes my skin look smooth. It wears off throughout the day but I dont use alot and it matches my skin almost perfectly so you cant tell when it comes off or when Im not wearing it. You only need a small amount so the jar will last a long time. The only problem I have is the color that I picked. It seems a little darker than when I received the sample and this color will definitely be best for me in the summer when I get darker. Im going to go back and reorder the full Fierce Mau or Chartreaux (whichever sample matches better). All in all, a very good mineral foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by xsinfullyxtangyx

I've heard many rave reviews about this mineral foundation from various indie makeup blogs so I decided to give it a try. I purchased 2 jars in two different colors during their 20% off + free shipping deal. The price was very reasonable (especially for the amount of product you get). I picked up the full sized & the munchkin size. Both will last me a pretty long time.

I got Naughty (full sized) & Fierce Abyssinian (munchkin sized). For reference, I'm a NC35-NC40 yellow/beige-toned asian. I wish I switched around the orders because it turns out I was closer to Fierce than Naughty. My advice to is to order samples or hit the forums before you get full sized! On the site, I thought Fierce looked too dark for my skin but up close, it's a lighter than pictured on the site.

I tried the foundation for about a month

Pros:
- It did not break me out! I have very acne prone skin that tends to break out so I'm happy that my skin loved this foundation
- Coverage was light-medium but very build-able.
- Finish was glowy-matte. There was subtle shimmer but it was overly shiny like EDM orginial glow was on me.
- It worked well with my dry skin
- Large size & for the amount you get, its very inexpensive
- It covers redness reasonable well

Cons:
- It lasted reasonably long but not as long as I expected. I needed touch up every 4 or so hours
- It didn't cover most of my acne scars & discolorations.
- Color choices can be overwhelming

Overall, I LOVE the finish it gives my face but not the coverage & the fact that I had to carry around a container for touch ups. I use it a more of setting powder/light foundation or with some concealer, its one my favorite on-the-go foundations to wear. I would recommend it & probably will repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by jandi

The variety of shades offered by Meow is quite extensive, almost overwhelming, but I found a really good match quite easily with Frisky Korat. It feels very natural, and keeps my generally oily skin reasonably oil free. And my hyper sensitive acne prone skin seems to take this foundation ok.

The big drawbacks:
- It is quite sheer. It does not offer nearly enough coverage to tone down redness from acne.
- There is a big difference in color between Frisky and Naughty, so if you happen to fall in between, you might have to mix.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Anja89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really don't like this mineral foundation. It's very very sheer and it doesn't control oil at all. The only good thing is that it isn't drying. I'm going to use it up just because I hate throwing things out, but definitely won't repurchase.

edit: I've started using this more often and I'm very satisfied. I still think it doesn't control oil very well and it isn't very long lasting, but it does make my pores invisible and my skin looks great with this on. I don't know, I just might repurchase

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a mediocre mineral makeup. First of all, I have to admit I'm not that big a fan of mineral makeups. Compared to Bare Escentuals, this doesn't cover as well, but it is finer and the color choices are much wider. They'll send you samples for cheap so you should have no problem finding the shade that best complements your skin tone. I prefer Bare Minerals to this, but I prefer liquid foundations to mineral makeups in general. That's my opinion!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by pigsy

I have acne prone skin, and am really fussy about ingredients. Before trying meow cosmetics, I def. researched around for mineral make up. I used to use only liquid before.
Anyways, finding a color is hard when you're ordering online. The shipping is also very slow! However, supposedly they ship slow because they make it right when you order it, so that's a good thing right...
My color is Fierce Abyssinian. It is the PERFECT color for me! I am Southeast Asian for ref. It is difficult for me to find the right color, because it is either too light or too dark...however this one is an exact match of my skin color.
The powder foundation has great staying power. It isn't too glittery at all. I actually apply it with my fingers because brushes make me break out...but I know it would work beautifully with brushes also.
I also love how easy the packaging and texture of the powder is. It doesn't get all messy and all over the place. For only about 20$ you get a full package, and it lasts a very very long time! Def. by HG foundation.. I will continue being a customer, I just hope they don't go out of business or change their formula..
Coverage is light, which is ideal for someone with acne prone skin I think..The downside of it is trying to cover acne scars ( even if you pile the foundation it doesn't look heavy). The powder just fades my acne scars by getting rid of redness and making skin more even-toned, as far as coverage goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by fhasan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually really like this foundation. I was using BM before and thought it was too expensive. Meow has a lot more colors so it is easier to match with your skin and the product size is really good. The samples come in a plastic bag which is annoying, but the actual bigger sizes come in bottles. I think this is one of the better mineral foundations.