August 20, 2014 | 2051 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Telescopic Liquid Eyeliner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by earlyautumnbreeze

I've had this product for quite a while (still plenty left), and even though there are some downsides to it, I'll definitely buy it again.

Pros:
Very dark/pigmented, not as dark as my last one, but I think that one was just the black sheep of the liquid eyeliner family.
It doesn't flake at all, and stays on all day. I have 16 hour days sometimes. I put it on at 5 in the morning, and when I take my makeup off at 9 pm, it looks basically like how it was in the morning. Granted, it's not quite as bold as the morning, but it's fine.

Cons:
The brush is a little too big. I like it better than the ones with bristles, but it's just too big.
The formula is really wet, and you have to wipe the brush on the sides of the container so you don't put on too much product. Because it's so wet, it takes a while to dry, so you can't blink or anything for 10 seconds.
It comes off easily with water. My eyes water when I yawn, and I yawn a lot in the morning. I literally have to press a q-tip into my eyeball to soak up a tear, so it doesn't run out of the inner corner of my eye and ruin the eyeliner there. This is why I've started just fading out the eyeliner in the inner corner, and not bringing it completely in.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I might be a little biased because this was basically the liner that I practically "learned" how to perfect liquid liner with.
I seriously hate liners with the very thin, long, flimsy tips, the ones that almost resemble the tips on nail art brushes. I've had too much trouble with those flicking and spattering liner across my eyelid or making these odd irregular lines, and for that reason I truly appreciate the stable design of L'Oreal Telescopic Liner. Yes, it's big and a little awkward to use at first, especially if you're used to finer, more tapered applicators. I think the shape of the applicator actually makes it perfect for Rockabilly-esque flicked out cat eyes, though that's certainly not the case for barely-there lash line type styles. The slanted tip is a little hard control for those who prefer natural lines or consistent ones that that don't taper or widen.
I've got the most oily eyelids on the face of the planet and this liner doesn't go anywhere until I take it off deliberately with a remover. I haven't found the formula to be so wet that it must be dabbed on as one of the other reviewers have said, but it IS a very wet liner. This also means that it doesn't set or dry as quickly as some people (including me) would like. I often times find the liner transferring on to the lower inner corners of my eye and caking up there, which is a hassle to clean up and pretty unattractive. I've never had it flake before and I think the consistency of the liner's formula is good. It's not too thick and not too thin. The color is also very stark and even.
The last bottle of this that I had lasted about a year before it was completely dry. I'd say that's pretty good considering the fact that it was used a few days a week, was exposed to air, and was in contact with my eyes.
All in all, I think it's a good basic liner for those that dig slightly more dramatic styles. It might also be a good starting place for people who are new to liquid liner and haven't yet acquired the poise needed for thinner brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by kalw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a good, dark liquid eye liner that I could wear quite a lot. The bottle seems really small so we'll see how long that'll last. I put it on in the morning and it didn't flake AT ALL (unlike my last liquid eyeliner), I didn't have to touch it up during the day and after 7 hours it still looked perfect. It's a little hard to put it on and but after a while you get a hold of it. Its a really nice thick black and looks wonderful =)

Usually when I put my liquid eye liner on I like to fix it along the way with a q tip but in this case it was kinda hard because while wet its really smudgey..
Overal, I really like this one. Quality is great and long lasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by purehart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the waterproof version of Telescopic liquid eyeliner, which some youtube people have noticed a difference.
The telescopic was sooo much more darker than the intense linear, which came out watery grey. It also flaked a lot faster than Telescopic. I just did a hand test and put both of them and saw which one came off first.
The linear has a better applicator but the felt tip isn't that bad.

I haven't been able to get anything to stay on my eyes except for Telescopic. so major thumb up for now.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like many others out there, I purchased this in the hopes it could replace my all-time favorite Maybelline Line Works eyeliner. After just one use I ended up throwing out the cap/brush and using the one from my last Maybelline liner - thankfully, it fit!!
The felt tip on the L'oreal is larger, flimsier, and blunter than the Maybelline. For me, this translates to a thicker, less precise line, made by an applicator which is more difficult to control. I love me a good wing tip and this one makes me struggle (I'm a 10+ year veteran of the liquid liner wing tip.)
That being said, the L'oreal is indeed waterproof, which was a gripe many people (myself not included) had about the Maybelline. At the end of the day, the L'oreal practically needs to be scraped off, as stubborn flakes of black will remain behind on your eyelid and in your sink. Personally I can do without that, though I know others may appreciate this more.
It does dry fast during application - so corrections need to be done quickly otherwise the formula will be difficult to budge.
I plan to finish my bottle of L'oreal with the help of the Maybelline applicator, but will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by lilcandykiller

I really love this eyeliner I have bought around 6 tubes of it. This is my favorite eyeliner. It's super easy to control, and alot of people give my complements on my eyeliner. It does not flake, crease, run in 100 degree weather. I highly recommend this product, although I know that alot of people don't like this eyeliner.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2011 3:49:00 AM More reviews by foundationluv26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I couldn't find Maybelline Lineworks eyeliner, because they stopped selling it everywhere, so I decided to try this. But this horribly failed as a substitute for my favorite Maybelline eyeliner. This tip is not as steady and easy to use as the Maybelline one. I couldn't use it easily to line the inside of my eye. The formula itself is not good, because when i put some water on my face, the eyeliner dissolves into particles all over my face!! Also the formula is not black and pigmented enough for me, and is kinda liquidy. I just didn't like it at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 1:46:00 PM More reviews by jellibellyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i hate the felt tip this liner came with..ugh..so i have to use the tip of either maybelline stiletoo or loreal linear(used them all up but kept the applicators) and the eyeliner glides on much easier and i can get precise n even line..last all day and is realy black..however i hate puttin on eyeliner with applicator it came wit..it tugs, i dont get smooth lines and always have to fix it wit qtip..wont buy again unless they change their felt tip..it sucks

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by herbgurl82

One of the worst eyeliners ever made. I bought it after buying L'Oreal Lineur Intense, and liking it, but hoping that the smaller brush tip would give me more control to make a thin line. The liner is watery, and does not last long. Also, when pulling the application out of the bottle, it sticks, and then pops out, splashing black everywhere. (Maybe I just got a bad bottle, but I was not impressed!)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by bbybashful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

one of the worse, if not the worse liquid eyeliners iíve ever used. donít buy this. youíll waste your money.