L'Oreal Telescopic Liquid Eyeliner

2.7

on 8/15/2011 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I completely regret buying this product. I was looking for a waterproof liquid eyeliner, and this one was the only one that had a felt tip and also came in waterproof, so I regrettably paid 15 bucks for this eyeliner. The applicator is very hard, and for the first week or so of using it, my eyelids would sting where I applied the eyeliner. However I got used to that, and I thought this eyeliner ended up okay. But now, somehow the eyeliner turned all watery! I shook the bottle thingy and tried dipping in the brush several times, but when I applied it, it became a sort of watery grey colour.

I learned two lessons from buying this eyeliner -
one, don't ever spend 15 bucks on drugstore eyeliner.
two, never buy this product again.

on 7/21/2011 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had the WATERPROOF version. I love waterproof eyeliner because they won't smudge and it is easy to remove with cleaning oil with other face makeup.

I have both brown and black. The color is very typical brown and black. After trying this eyeliner I had gave up my UD 24/7 and MUFE Aqua eye.
My biggest concern on eyeliner is to not to smuge and easy to remove. This eyeliner after melting with cleaning oil it will become piece so a easy wipe will take all off.

I am not sure about one thing. after few months I have to shake it really hard to get a dark brown liquid out otherwise it will just be very light brown. I am not sure it was meant to be or it is running out I need to buy a new one.

on 7/20/2011 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought the waterproof version of this eyeliner in black.

I haven't had much luck with liquid eyeliners, so far, I've tried a Mary Kate Olsen one (why? I don't know...) and a Rimmel one. They took too long to dry and the brush was hard to handle.

So far, this is good! I like the felt tip; it is easier to control than a brush tip.
It also dried quickly, which is a HUGE plus for me, because I usually blink right after I apply eyeliner and it smudges everywhere! It applies eyeliner evenly, too. With some other eyeliners, too much ink gets on the tip and it ends up splotchy on my eyelids.

I will definitely buy this product again since it's affordable and pretty good!

on 7/14/2011 9:17:00 AM

This is one of the single worst products I've ever purchased. I am going to try to take this back asap. The thick, bulbous tip is useless. I bought this last second so I could do a winged eyeliner look for my best friend's birthday party, and this just turned my eyemakup in to a huge mess! Would not recommend this to anyone!

I've had this product for quite a while (still plenty left), and even though there are some downsides to it, I'll definitely buy it again.

Pros:
Very dark/pigmented, not as dark as my last one, but I think that one was just the black sheep of the liquid eyeliner family.
It doesn't flake at all, and stays on all day. I have 16 hour days sometimes. I put it on at 5 in the morning, and when I take my makeup off at 9 pm, it looks basically like how it was in the morning. Granted, it's not quite as bold as the morning, but it's fine.

Cons:
The brush is a little too big. I like it better than the ones with bristles, but it's just too big.
The formula is really wet, and you have to wipe the brush on the sides of the container so you don't put on too much product. Because it's so wet, it takes a while to dry, so you can't blink or anything for 10 seconds.
It comes off easily with water. My eyes water when I yawn, and I yawn a lot in the morning. I literally have to press a q-tip into my eyeball to soak up a tear, so it doesn't run out of the inner corner of my eye and ruin the eyeliner there. This is why I've started just fading out the eyeliner in the inner corner, and not bringing it completely in.

on 7/6/2011 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I might be a little biased because this was basically the liner that I practically "learned" how to perfect liquid liner with.
I seriously hate liners with the very thin, long, flimsy tips, the ones that almost resemble the tips on nail art brushes. I've had too much trouble with those flicking and spattering liner across my eyelid or making these odd irregular lines, and for that reason I truly appreciate the stable design of L'Oreal Telescopic Liner. Yes, it's big and a little awkward to use at first, especially if you're used to finer, more tapered applicators. I think the shape of the applicator actually makes it perfect for Rockabilly-esque flicked out cat eyes, though that's certainly not the case for barely-there lash line type styles. The slanted tip is a little hard control for those who prefer natural lines or consistent ones that that don't taper or widen.
I've got the most oily eyelids on the face of the planet and this liner doesn't go anywhere until I take it off deliberately with a remover. I haven't found the formula to be so wet that it must be dabbed on as one of the other reviewers have said, but it IS a very wet liner. This also means that it doesn't set or dry as quickly as some people (including me) would like. I often times find the liner transferring on to the lower inner corners of my eye and caking up there, which is a hassle to clean up and pretty unattractive. I've never had it flake before and I think the consistency of the liner's formula is good. It's not too thick and not too thin. The color is also very stark and even.
The last bottle of this that I had lasted about a year before it was completely dry. I'd say that's pretty good considering the fact that it was used a few days a week, was exposed to air, and was in contact with my eyes.
All in all, I think it's a good basic liner for those that dig slightly more dramatic styles. It might also be a good starting place for people who are new to liquid liner and haven't yet acquired the poise needed for thinner brushes.

on 5/25/2011 8:01:00 PM

This review is for the waterproof version of Telescopic liquid eyeliner, which some youtube people have noticed a difference.
The telescopic was sooo much more darker than the intense linear, which came out watery grey. It also flaked a lot faster than Telescopic. I just did a hand test and put both of them and saw which one came off first.
The linear has a better applicator but the felt tip isn't that bad.

I haven't been able to get anything to stay on my eyes except for Telescopic. so major thumb up for now.

on 5/15/2011 5:57:00 PM

Like many others out there, I purchased this in the hopes it could replace my all-time favorite Maybelline Line Works eyeliner. After just one use I ended up throwing out the cap/brush and using the one from my last Maybelline liner - thankfully, it fit!!
The felt tip on the L'oreal is larger, flimsier, and blunter than the Maybelline. For me, this translates to a thicker, less precise line, made by an applicator which is more difficult to control. I love me a good wing tip and this one makes me struggle (I'm a 10+ year veteran of the liquid liner wing tip.)
That being said, the L'oreal is indeed waterproof, which was a gripe many people (myself not included) had about the Maybelline. At the end of the day, the L'oreal practically needs to be scraped off, as stubborn flakes of black will remain behind on your eyelid and in your sink. Personally I can do without that, though I know others may appreciate this more.
It does dry fast during application - so corrections need to be done quickly otherwise the formula will be difficult to budge.
I plan to finish my bottle of L'oreal with the help of the Maybelline applicator, but will not be repurchasing.

I really love this eyeliner I have bought around 6 tubes of it. This is my favorite eyeliner. It's super easy to control, and alot of people give my complements on my eyeliner. It does not flake, crease, run in 100 degree weather. I highly recommend this product, although I know that alot of people don't like this eyeliner.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I couldn't find Maybelline Lineworks eyeliner, because they stopped selling it everywhere, so I decided to try this. But this horribly failed as a substitute for my favorite Maybelline eyeliner. This tip is not as steady and easy to use as the Maybelline one. I couldn't use it easily to line the inside of my eye. The formula itself is not good, because when i put some water on my face, the eyeliner dissolves into particles all over my face!! Also the formula is not black and pigmented enough for me, and is kinda liquidy. I just didn't like it at all.