Batiste Dry Shampoo

4.3

Butane, Isobutane, Rice Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

on 12/9/2014 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am a dry shampoo convert and everyday I find another reason to love it.
This brand is fairly cheap, smells good, and gets the job done (plus, you can buy them in cute travel sizes for your purse).

One way that I avoid the "chalky" problem that everyone talks about is that I actually spray my roots the night before.
Over the course of the night the powder will soak up any excess oil and by morning the white cast will have disappeared and my hair is Friday night Fresh!

on 11/29/2014 5:07:00 PM

I had black hair for years and could never find a dry shampoo that didn't turn my roots chalky and white. I tried Batiste's dry shampoo for dark hair and it worked beautifully. It made my hair look freshly shampooed and gave it some lift. When I lightened my hair, I switched to the regular dry shampoo and saw equally amazing results. It made my hair look clean and volumized and smell great!

on 11/24/2014 4:22:00 AM

This is my HG dry shampoo. My hair gets greasy really quickly and this keeps it fresh. All the other dry shampoos I've tried were no where near as good as this one is. I've tried the floral, original, fresh, and wild. They all smell okay, but I lean more towards the original and fresh because I wear my own perfume and don't want the scents to be mixed. Wild can especially be overpowering

on 11/17/2014 8:43:00 AM

I love this product. Over the last year or so my hair has grown so long I don't really know why. I changed my job and I don't use as much heat on my hair only really at the weekend and I usually let my hair dry naturally. I wash my hair usually every other day sometimes more or as and when I feel it needs a wash there's nothing better than fresh hair. I've been using this product for so long and I just love it I love all the different scents as well. At the minute Iam using the floral one it smells so fresh. I use it if I'm having my hair down or up and just feel like my hair needs a nice little lift. I've used other brands such as super drug own a Toni and guy one so from both high end to low end and batiste is definitely the best one :) thanks for ready my review mwah xoxox

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My hair has recently become more oily and, because I didn't want to wash my hair daily, I decided to go with dry shampoo. My local drugstore had this and I bought it as it was the best value for money.

As soon as I got back, I sprayed some into my roots and brushed through. It did make my hair matte and the oiliness did disappear, but my hair was made very chalky.
The reason I rated it only 3/5 is mainly the chalkiness but also because my hair didn't have any lift from it either, my hair was just flat.

There is another dry shampoo that has recently been released (which I will review at a later date) that claims not to leave a chalky finish and provides lift too.

on 11/6/2014 9:22:00 PM

I don't know what I did before this existed. The tropical scent is my favorite. I agree that it probably is best for us with light hair although I believe they now have a dark version.

on 10/28/2014 6:24:00 AM

Leaves a hideous white powder like colour over the hair when sprayed, hate this product compared to other dry shampoo's and isn't cheap in Australia, don't waste your time trying to rub the product through, therefore messing up hairstyle and encouraging dandruff if pre-exsisting. With dark brown, almost black hair, this product is a definite hazard!

on 10/27/2014 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This review is for the original dry shampoo.

I have very oily hair. Basically, I have to wash my hair every day, otherwise when I wake up the oil will make me look like I have been sick for few days.
This shampoo is very excellent when I need an instant refresh or some extra volume. Smell is good also, very fresh and cool.

However, I don't think this one can replace normal shampoo. So, even though I use it, I still try to wash my hair every day in summer, or if the weather is too cold or I'm just tired, every 2 days. I heard that some people are so dependent on dry shampoo that they keep their hair unwashed for a week (eww!) and then blame the dry shampoo for dandruff.

on 10/23/2014 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Amazing.

I have hair that gets oily very quickly and this has allowed me to give my hair a break every second day. After a quick and light spray on my roots my hair instantly looks fresh and clean again.

Doesn't seem to buildup at all either. Best dry shampoo.

The scent of the original is a very clean smell. I've also tried the wild, which was musky, and the cherry, and the floral (which is my favourite after the original).

A note that the volume boost version does seem to create a bit more buildup and makes hair sticky/almost like a hairspray effect so I would only use that one when I'm going out or specifically doing something with my hair that needs to hold it in place.

on 10/22/2014 5:38:00 PM

Batiste is my go to dry shampoo. I actually probably use dry shampoo way too often as I usually even spray some after a shower. My hair is super flat and life-less so dry shampoo gives it a little boost. Batiste has the widest variety of products, they offer scented, non-scented, and a product for brunettes.

Top Rated Batiste Products