August 30, 2014 | 1839 users online

Moisturizers - Atopalm MLE Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2007 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Goldenstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic product. I have very sensitive, breakout-prone skin, & the Atopalm Face Cream is very soothing & moisturizing. I apply this at night because my skin is slightly oily- it's a little too moisturizing for my skin during the day. It's so lovely to find a product that is non-irritating!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2007 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Emmyo

This review is for the Atopalm MLE face cream. I have been using it for about six months and have had great results. My skin is oily and I have battled hormonal chin acne for years, along with perioral dermatitis. My derm said I have slight rosacea, but ever since using Atopalm, my redness is decreased significantly. I use the face cream in the morning and mix it with my mineral makeup then apply it to my face. This works really well for me and I haven't had any problems. I use the heavier Atopalm cream after I wash my face at night, and I have had great results with it also. I have tried many products and have been sensitive to many. The Olay vitamins I have been taking for the past 4 months have also helped a lot. I will continue to buy this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2007 5:17:00 PM More reviews by ginaychen

first tried this thing out as a sample from skinstore.com, and i was in love with this right then. this cream glides on so smooth like a dream, hydrate so well, but doesn't add shine at all. it actually leaves a matte finish. it has lots of essential oil in it, which i thought would cause my super sensitive and oily+acne-prone skin to break out, but not at all surprisingly. the product's designed right for hyper-sensitive skin, so it works great as well for rosacea. every morning i wake up with a more even toned, velvet face. i'm really pleased with the result and will definitely repurchase it. for more reviews, go to skinstore.com.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2007 11:23:00 PM More reviews by dawn217

I've used this product off and on for a year. it's great. Just not good under makeup. I do find that if I put it on before bed, I wake up much less red.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by LizLizLiz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Can see the difference after just one week of using this. I pair it with Tazorac Retin-A and Anthelios sunblock. Makes the complexion look creamy and smooth... in fact, will have to use it on my arms so they match up.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2007 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Isletfemme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after reading the great reviews in the media. Another much ballyhoo product that did not live up to the hype. It feels great going on, but after about two hours, my skin has that good old dehydrated feel to it again. If I re-apply, the process begins again. I will not be repurchasing this. A wate of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Bungychick

I received this as a sample with order from Skinstore and thought it was quite different, so ordered the full size. It might just be my imagination, and I might have to re-review, but I have to say that after a month of use my face looks great. As a kiteboarder, I am in the sun/water alot, and although I wear SPF 30 my face does get a bit beaten up. I have been using Origins Dr Weil Plantidote serum for about a year (HG) but had been missing a good mosturizer (not overly impressed with the Dr Weil cream esp at the price) until now....plus, my husband loves it as well - it's absolutely scentless, and I can actually get him to put it on nightly after he brushes his teeth - now that is a bonus!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2007 12:57:00 PM More reviews by shellyb4

I'm in late 30's with Rosacea - thinning skin on nose and chin, red irritated, highly sensitive. It's a lovely combination of scaly patches and oily if irritated. While my skin has improved a *lot* by switching to Mineral Foundations (Aromaleigh, Monave) - I can only use these with the right skin care regimen.

My rescue remedy when rosacea flares up is Atopalm MLE cream. No matter how bad the breakout is, within 4 days, I can reduce inflammation and heal up the skin with Atopalm MLE cream. Why not view it as the holy grail? Because makeup looks AWFUL on top of this - thick, smeary and just plain hideous- and it doesn't matter what kind of makeup - from typical forumulations to MM- nothing looks good over this. I've tried and tried to make it work. The Atopalm lotion is much less effective than the cream at restoring the moisture barrier *and* makeup looks gross over the top of it as well.

So - until Atopalm can come up with a formulation that allows makeup application - this is my night recovery remedy only. I've ordered the DHC ceramide line in hopes of restoring the moisture barrier and healing the skin. Fingers crossed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2006 9:59:00 AM More reviews by kedves

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Possible HG moisturizer for my picky, problematic dry-in-winter, normal-in-summer product-sensitive skin. This is a fantastic moisturizer that does nothing but moisturize, which it does very effectively. It doesn't cause my skin to break out or my pores to clog (if I apply it thinly on moist skin). It doesn't make my skin peel. (All products with active "rejuvenation"-type ingredients make my skin exfolitate madly, but Atopalm MLE Cream contains no ingredients of this type.) It seems to be designed for use in conjunction with aggressive skin treatments which I would not be able to use even with this product; I use it as a basic daily moisturizer. It contains no SPF ingredients. I'm very senstitive to stearic acid (causes breakouts), which this contains, but it seems to be far enough down on the list of ingredients not to trouble me. Finally, it's not too expensive: $36 for a 65 ml. jar from www.skinstore.com, which offers free shipping on everything they sell. If you sign up for their email list, you'll often get a 10% discount offer as well. I think that Skinstore.com is the only distributor of this product currently. Here are the blurb and ingredients from their website:

ATOPALM MLE Cream

This concentrated formula works to replenish the skin's own barrier function by providing essential lipids. MLE (Multi Lamellar Emulsion) Cream is ideal for those with extremely dry and sensitive skin types, including irritable or flaky skin and redness.

Intended for use over the entire body, this cream soothes symptoms associated with bothersome skin conditions. With ATOPALM there is no longer a need to rely on steroidal products, which have numerous side effects.

The MLE technology of ATOPALM has the potential to restore skin's own barrier function (what protects us from environmental damages such as sun exposure and pollutants).

SkinStore Insider says,"Customers are raving about adding Atopalm MLE Cream to their cosmeceutical skin care regimens to soothe the often harsh drying side effects. If you’re sensitive to Retin-A, Retinols, Glycolic Acids, Hydroquinone etc. use Atopalm right before and you’ll be amazed. Others have reported great results soothing the skin after cosmetic procedures such as microdermabrasions, laser treatments and facial peels."

Ingredients:
Aqua, Butylene glycol, Glycerin, Cetyl alcohol, PEG-15 glyceryl stearate, Vitis vinifera, Glyceryl stearate, Macadamia ternifolia, Squalane, Stearic acid, Biosaccharide gum-1, PEG-10 glyceryl stearate, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Sodium lactate, Myrisyl/Palmityl Oxostearamide/Arachamide MEA, Decyl sunflower esters, Dimethicone, Glycyrrhiza glabra,Tocopheryl acetate, Carbomer, Cholesterol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Allantion, BHT

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No