August 30, 2014 | 1624 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Silk Dust (Untinted ) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2007 5:27:00 PM More reviews by esucceed

I am a huge EDM fan. I purchased both Silk Dust (Colourless one) and Finishing Dust at the same time. The powders quality has extremely big difference. The Finishing Dust is so perfect and feels like silk, but the Silk Dust feels like SAND. (You won't be finding this big chunk powders/particles anywhere in the market.)

Silk dust suppose to be all white color, but I can see some BLACK tiny rocks inside. This is definitely not EDM's quality! I believe something was wrong in the manufacture step. I've emailed them and they said they would look into it. I haven't got any replys yet, if I do I will come back and write a follow-up. (I purchased my Silk Dust on Nov 27.)

The only thing I can do with my Silk Dust is throw away all powders and re-use the jar! EDM has really good jars, huge and can fit my big Kabuki brush perfectly!

------------------

Hey creativethinker, thanks for your advice! I am contacting them to see if an exchange is possible :) Thanks anyways!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2007 8:15:00 AM More reviews by anfalca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Everyday Minerals, but this product was not for me at all. It made me greasy and shiny all day (in autumn no less, I would hate to try to wear this in the humid summer), and I suddenly started breaking out after finally clearing up my skin. Silk Dust works for a lot of people, but it didn't agree with my skin at all. (I've moved on to the Finishing Dust, which I loooooove)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 3:12:00 PM More reviews by schultzan31

I am a huge EDM fan and Tinted Silk Dust is my favorite product from them - I couldnt live without it.
    I have combination skin - extremly dry in some spots and oily in others. I have found that if I put silk dust over my moisturizer at night, it gets rid of those pesky dry areas and I don't break out. The color is just perfect for me (I'm fairly light) and it makes my skin look smooth. I typically put silk dust on after photofinish primer, before my foundation, then after everything, then I spritz with water, then put more silk dust on to finish it. Looks amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Maleen

I have Silk Dust in the completely colourless version, and it was, unfortunately, all wrong for me. My T-zone gets shiny during the day even with the semi-matte foundation formula, so I really do need powder to keep the shine down. However, pale-skinned though I am, this is bright white on me if I'm to use an amount that actually works. I plan on rebuying it in the tinted version, but the plain one really sucks.

EDIT: I've now bought this in the tinted version and I'm really really pleased! The colour glides right in with my skin tone, and it works very well to keep shine down for a while. Will definitely repurchase if I ever run out, though I'll have to find someone to give my other version to - no need to have it around anymore, thankfully.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 10:54:00 PM More reviews by lboger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love silk dust! I cannot use the majority of finishing powders on the market due to ingredients like talc and corn starch which flare my rosacea. Silk dust is just 100% silk powder which has 18 amino acids and anti bacterial properties. EM customer service and prices are awesome! I buy the kits and it's like getting products for free. I will continue to buy from them.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by SilverChez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Keeps my skin matte (even during AZ summers!), doesn't break me out, and is quite cheap to boot (compared to many other makeup brands). Doesn't cake or accentuate dryspots on my face either. Be sure to use a light hand when applying this....although it is translucent, if you overdose, it can make you have a whitish cast.

Honestly, I have nothing but good things to say about EDM and their staff. Fast shipping, quality prices, pleasant customer service, and great freebies/specials. Some of their e/s sample containers aren't packed all that wonderful, but for free...who can complain!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by plnkpolarbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Bought this after reading all the reviews and had hoped that it would be the answer to my oily skin. However, while this product does make my complexion look great after applying mineral makeup, it does NOTHING to control shine. An hour after putting it on, I'm already shiny all over. Still a good finishing coat to have, but disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2007 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Sn00t

I purchased this product based on the fact that it doesn't contain cornstarch, but I have to say that I wouldn't recommend it. My face seems oilier an hour after I apply it. My face is less oily if I use nothing at all, compared to using this. For reference I have combination, sensitive, acne-prone skin. I have tried both the tinted and the regular; I don't care for either one. The only good thing is that it didn't make me break out. The EM finishing powder does a much better job at controlling oil.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2007 12:47:00 PM More reviews by opheliamagdalene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I really, really wanted to love this product. Unfortunately, it makes me ITCH like crazy the minute I put it on. I have no idea how well it works for oil control because I can't keep it on long enough (and I've tried, and tried, and tried...). I do like the pure white color (I'm a pale girl), and you get alot of it for the price. Also, the stuff makes me sneeze- for some reason it goes right up my nose.

I have no problems wearing silk clothing, so I don't think it's an allergy... this one just isn't for me, I"m afraid.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2007 6:06:00 PM More reviews by ilovebnamom

I love the silk dust. I use the silk dust as a primer and it makes my make-up glide on and look so smooth! I also use the tinted silk dust as my final step and it gives me such a beautiful finished look! I just love the silk dust!!