August 1, 2014 | 1747 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Max

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Meisjesmeisje

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara does exactly what is promised. Full, long, curly (I don't need an eyelash curler with this mascara) lashes that look good all day. The mascara also doens't smudge, ever. I tried out an Estée Lauder and Helena Rubinstein mascara the other day, but it's just weird how expensive mascara's just can't seem to live up to the mascara's by Max Factor. I guess they have the secret recipe or something? The packaging is also quite pretty and that's often the thing that bothers me the most: excellent mascara in a cheapo tube (I will never buy a Maybelline mascara for this reason), but as I said, this one is not too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by stilettolaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG mascara! I have been using it continuously for the past 2.5 years without switching to any other brand (I lie - I tried a freebie Clinique High Impact mascara and threw it away almost immediately). This allows me to build up my fine and sparse Asian lashes to super fat, relatively long and nicely defined without clumping. It can flake a little during the day but nothing too serious. I do find the tube needs to 'season', the first few times I use it it won't later up so well but after it 'breaks in', I can get the full fluffy lashes I want.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Almost HG. My only problem with this is that when I take the wand out of the tube it seems to have clumps on it already! I don't think the stopper is tight enough maybe. But it's not a big deal, I still get nice results with this. It really does lengthen the lashes without major clumping! The wand on this could be better but it's one of the best mascaras I've tried and I have tried quite a few :D I like that it lengthens the lashes but I always seem to get lots of mascara along the lash line with this brush and that doesn't happen with my other mascaras.

I will repurchase but it won't beat my £4 HG mascara though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by claraflo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to qualify this review, I'm not a big fan of volumising formula's and only bought this one because it was dirt cheap and I had a chance to try a new mascara. I have numerous lashes so volumising is kind of a wasted effort, I benefit more by lengthening formula's.

What I like about it - it isn't clumpy and you can build up the volume evenly over successive layers. Dry the mascara doesn't make the eyelashes hard and there is no twig-like or insect mimicking appearance afterwards. I got zero flakes from a full day's wear and it washed off quite easily. It's quick drying and I had no problems wth getting the mascara on my eyelid.

What I didn't like about it - it smells like PVC and I'm never a fan of being reminded about how chemically laden my mascara might be. The brush which is the rubberised nub variety seems an odd choice for this formula. One might expect a big brush instead, yet after a few layers one begins to see that all is not lost with this brush. The packaging is a bit cheap looking.

Overall this is a good mascara and if you like volumising formula's then it may even be a great mascara for you. It does build volume although only with successive coats. It provides zero length but does nicely define the lash without clumps. I only wouldn't buy it again because a lengthening formula is my cup of tea, no fault of this mascara. I like the product, I just don't love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Mazzy1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Almost, almost ALMOST my HG mascara but I still LOVE IT! I have short thin eyelashes and have spent countless dollars on finding the right mascara for me. I always use a curler, then I can glam my eyelashes for a sexy sultry look, or simply put 1 coat on for a natural look on my lazy days. I love how it adds volume and length, but most of all, it gives my lashes more definition-they are seperated, thick and fan out beautifully. My only con, is that it did smudge a little on me later on in the day and I know it was the mascara as that was the only product I had on my eyes at the time, but it wasn't overly terrible-nothing that a little concealer and a cotton bud couldn't fix! It is also pricey-AU$35 but IMO it's worth it. Will most definitely be re-purchasing this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 6:41:00 AM More reviews by ameliemay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this mascara. Love love love - my absolute favourite to date. I love it even more than I loved Diorshow Extase, and that was beautiful.
I don't really care much about length and volume, since I think pretty much any mascara can handle that no problem. My biggest want in a mascara is definition - I want my lashes to look separated, fluttery, and lush. I HATE clumps, I think it is the most unattractive part of makeup: when women mistake clumpy spider lashes for "voluminising". The brush on the wand is rubbery and quite large , the exact same brush as on CG's lash blast (Cover Girl is owned by the same company as Max Factor - no wonder they come out with the same products all the time). The formula is a lot better than lash blast, though - it's creamier, smoother, and just glides on so wonderfully. It's a super rich black, too, nothing dusty like you find in some mascaras. It leaves lashes pretty soft (not as soft as Dior Extase, but still soft), holds a curl, and does not smudge or flake. It's not waterproof, so it comes off in the shower, but it's never really started smudging when my eyes have watered. My one annoyance is the price: $25AUD feels like a lot for a student to fork out for something that only lasts a few months (after two months, I found that masterpiece flakes off like a tube mascara after 8 hours or so). I've picked up Cover Girls' volume exact again - this time in waterproof in order to avoid the smudging I experienced with the original - for pretty much half the price of masterpiece max, and I hope it'll do almost the same thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Insight89

Very nice mascara. It lengthens and gives decent volume, easily buildable depending on event. I thought this mascara was as good as the Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara, for a fraction of the cost too! Doesnt smudge easily or flake and can hold a curl well. Its pretty cry compared to other mascaras Ive tried.
I got it for only AU$10, so Im pretty happy with it. This mascara definitely deserves a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

I got this on sale and used it in both summer and winter. Summer is a hot and humid subtropical climate where makeup is prone to melt. Winter is well winter in NYC. It lengthens and volumizes quite decently. It's dries off fast. It's not clumpy or flaky. Although it's not waterproof, it stays on pretty well during the hot and humid summer. I think it's a very good product to get.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 7:34:00 AM More reviews by finideasy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the one piece of makeup I buy over and over again!! I just love this mascara, I have long eyelashes and get complimented on them the whole time when i wear this. The brush is great it seperates and lenghtens without any clumps. When i go to buy new mascara I wander around boots looking at others but I can never seem to stray from this lol! Defo recommend Im always telling people to buy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by NS10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have bought this product time and time again. It thickens and seperates lashes really well, and the wand is really lovely for application. Amazing mascara!