December 21, 2014 | 940 users online

Crème - MAC - Studio Tech

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by thedarlingdeb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the foundation that I ALWAYS go back to. It is perfect for my sensitive skin and it covers the redness I have due to my malar rash that I get from systemic lupus. Although it looks like it can be a thick foundation, you can apply it in a thin or thick layer, whichever you prefer it goes on smooth is is very blendable. Besides coverage I love that when I wear this foundation I do not feel it on my skin at all!
It photographs great too which is always a bonus! I use a brush to apply. I use either my Clinique foundation brush, my Real Techniques buffing brush or my MAC 187 Duo Fibre brushes. I never use the sponge (that comes in the compact) for application. I only use it if I need a quick touch up which I hardly do. This foundation will last me close to 8 hours without retouching maybe more.
People say that MAC foundations break them out but I believe it must be the skin care they use because this foundation is TERRIFFIC! It does not make me break out or irritate my skin at all.
I use NC27 because I am neutral skin tone, with light-medium color. With a tan I am NC35.
Hope this review helps when making a choice in picking out a foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by SammiXo

I am an NW25 in this and I really really love this stuff. I use it all over my face with a foundation brush when I feel I need a full coverage look,but most of the time I use it as a concealer and then put the studio fix over it and they both work very well together. The only bad thing is that I have only been using it for a few weeks now and have already have used a lot of product and wilL probably hit pan soon. Other then that I would buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by amandatindal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really excited for this product because I was told it has great coverage, but when I tried it on it appeared to be super streaky and way too cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by magshipmom

OK, I almost returned this 2 days after I purchased it, but glad I didn't! The key to this foundation is to use a fluffy, rounded foundation brush, like Sephora's Pro Airbrush...NOT a flat foundation brush. The flat foundation brushes and/or the sponge the Studio Tech comes with, causes you to use waaaayyyy too much product, and WILL LOOK CAKEY. The brush is the key...lightly tap your rounded brush onto the foundation. Then, tap onto your skin and begin swirling. Use a sponge such as a Beuty Blender, and go over your face, removing any excess foundation left on the skin.

I have a ton of hyperpigmentation, and this gives me beautiful coverage. Giving 4 lippies because it is not easy to apply.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros :-

- nice slick packaging
- wide range of tones both NC & NW

Cons:-

- the NC is too yellow
- it WILL make you look dry if your skin is anything but flawless.
- thick thick and THICK texture. gross!!!
- coverage is light to medium which is surprising with such a thick texture...

I'm going back to my bare minerals, what a waste of good money. also DO NOT depend on the MU in the MAC counter to match your foundations, mine gave me an NW six months back even though I'm a crystal clear cool toned person -which is why I only wear silver jewelry- anyway most of the Tech line is either too yellow or too pink that you need to mix it which I never had to do with my other foundations including studio sculpt.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2012 5:10:00 AM More reviews by kelzlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm really unsure about this makeup...I want to like it! It has great coverage and looks amazing on. But it doesn't last! I blend it in a lot with a stippling brush and put powder on but whenever I touch my face throughout the day it ends up on my finger and takes it off my face completely... :S Can anyone offer a solution? Otherwise I'll just keep trying other stuff til I find my best powder. I use Revlon Colourstay Liquid and I love it but want to find a great powder/creme (I don't mind).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Boricua333

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was tempted to buy this foundation because it seemed like smooth yet durable with it's claims of "applying like a cream and drying like a powder." I liked my studio fix fluid but I wanted something more durable with more coverage. One of the sales people at MAC recommended that I change to an NW20 since the color selection is different and it would've been way too light in my usual NC15. Well, guess what happened? I HATED it. The color of the foundation matched the redness of my face perfectly. It was so thick it was gross, but the strangest thing was that it didn't cover anything no matter how or how much I applied. Instead, it would emphasize every zit, pimple, pore imaginable. I was a fifteen year old girl when I tried this and whenever I put this is on I looked like a cakey fifty year old woman. It gave me wrinkles I didn't even know I had! I don't know if I was just applying it wrong, I tried doing it with a brush similar to the one recommended for Studio Tech and with some others. I'm usually not one to return things because I love to experiment, but once I put this on, I knew there was never going to be an application that would make me like this foundation. I returned it to the MAC store and got a refund (they have a great return policy and even offered to find me a different foundation). I gave this 3 lippies because my friend applies it and it looks great on her and because of the packaging. However, this is probably one of the worst foundations I've ever put on. If you really want a MAC foundation stick with the studio fix fluid. Don't bother wasting your time on the studio sculpt or the studio tech. If you want drugstore and you're oily like me I recommend: Revlon Colorstay. If you want a department store brand and you're oily I recommend going for: ELDW and I've also heard great things Shiseido sun protection foundation though I would have to try that one out myself to really be able to recommend it. I really hate leaving bad reviews but I hope this helps!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is the first MAC foundation I had bought. I don't normally use much makeup, only on special occassions and evenings out. And I wanted somthing that would give me a very natural, matte, no makeup look. I'm so glad I bought this one. It super smooth while applying, blends easily, gives a matte but not dry flaky look and the coverage is buildable too. My acne scars get covered really well with this as do most of my sun spots. I don't need to use a concealer at all! I was matched as NC42 and its spot on. Every time I wear it, my skin looks naturally flawless. Oh this foundation is great for photographs too. Only one grouse is that after a couple of hours, it settles in the fine lines under my eyes and makes them more noticable. Maybe I should try a primer and a concealer there instead of studio tech? But studio tech is definitely one of my fave foundations and I will surely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by arkindt

ive been using this foundation for awhile. i am acne-prone n it doesnt break me out at all. its full coverage but it still doesnt completely cover my acne/reddness. it does a pretty good job, though. the powder causes it to have a matte finish which i love! the staying power is better than alot of foundations ive tried but it doesnt always stay put. especially on my nose for some reason. i use nc20 which is a little dark for me but i like how it looks and im afraid nc15 would make me look too pale. im going to try studio fix fluid since it is supposed to also have a matte finish and good staying power. plus i love that it has spf. we'll see if i stick to that one or come back to studio tech like i so often do. oh but as a con, i go through one of these monthly n thats pricey for me. also, it dries up pretty easily and become difficult to blend n apply.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by KUALA

The colour match is fantastic, easy application for light or full coverage. I actually like the way it smells too. But, and its a big but, IT BREAKS ME OUT!! It makes my face itch and then causes cystic acne on my chin.
Its a shame, if it doesn't break you out then your lucky.