August 1, 2014 | 1007 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Brush-on Cream Liner in Deep Brown

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 8:17:00 PM More reviews by apk2

This is by far my favourite eyeliner EVER! When I bought this, my goal was to find an eyeliner that could look like a liquid or pencil and this one does just that. If you apply more, it will look like liquid liner if you apply it appropriately. But if you use a lighter hand, it will be a lot more subtle and blended (great for everyday wear). The lasting power is SO much better than all the pencil liners I've ever tried but my eyelids are oily so it does tend to smudge just a little bit but not bad enough to make me look like a silly racoon. I've used this for about 4-5 months now and it's just perfect everytime. I recommend tossing out the brush they give you though, that thing is horrendous to use. I just use the flat eyeliner brush from my kirkland makeup brush set from costco and it makes beautiful lines everytime. It also lasts FOREVER! I don't think I'll ever use it up.. so far i'm still not even past the top part of the jar and there are still some smooth parts that look untouched.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by brivb10

Great product, much better than pencils or liquid (even though I was a pro at this). PERFECT for lower lashes. I have not used the brush that came with, I use the angled Clinique brush from their line. I wear contacts, have not had a problem smearing, smudging, etc. Lasts all day, and all night, through aerobics, dance clubs, etc. Like the pot because I use the brush (I used to dab out the liquid onto my hand, and would have brown and black spots...lol). I am looking to get the black for going out next! Brown is perfect for me, even at law school is natural enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 12:35:00 PM More reviews by pretty6464

I was surprise I actually liked this one more than the other expensive brands. It came with a brush and glides on smoothly. Creamy texture yet it dries quickly. If I made a mistake a quick rub and it will come off before it dries. No tugging like pencils or streaks like liquid liners. I liked this color more than the true black because it's looked more natural with my Asian eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 9:13:00 AM More reviews by tigerfan728

Best eyeliner I have ever used! I own the Deep Brown and the Chocolate Luster and both are fantastic!!!
I have tried Smashbox and tossed it after trying and trying to use it. It just goes away after a few hours and it takes forever to dry.
The staying power of this Clinque is awesome and I have never had any problems with it smudging and I have oily skin and eyes as well.
The brush works just great for me, I just make sure to clean it (as I do with all of my make-up brushes) about 1x a week.
Overall I would buy it again and again...for $14 it is worth it, plus it lasts FOREVER!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 8:51:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely love this cream liner. It stays on all day without smudging or creasing. It takes a little practice to learn to apply but once you have mastered the technique this stuff totally rocks. I happen to like the brush that comes with this. I am able to get very close to my upper lash line which makes my lashes look fuller. This dries quick so have a dampened q-tip handy to fix any errors. Paraben free. Update: I am adding another lippie because this is the perfect cream liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2007 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Foomph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this so far! I have only used it twice but it survived multiple contact lens changes and tearing up (I had an eye exam). I only gave it a 4/5 because I've only used it twice and because I found it a bit hard to work with which I think is most likely due to inexperience.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2007 11:37:00 PM More reviews by secreteuphony

So far I love this stuff. It's hard to use but once it's mastered I think it's the last liner you'll ever need.

At first I gave up and returned it, but I repurchased it thinking I'd give it another shot after my pencils just didn't cut it for me. With a liner brush from MAC this is great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 9:23:00 PM More reviews by iloveblush

I was looking for a dark brown, sort of a blackbrown which this is. The last power is good for on the eyelid, but it lasted about 5 minutes on my waterline. I usally use Bobbi Brown's gel liner which last all day on the waterline, no budging or smudging. So a bit disappointed from that perspective but works really well on the upper eyelid.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2007 5:16:00 PM More reviews by kelshop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVING IT!!!!! This is my new go to liner! I'm throwing the rest away! Read alot of reviews that didn't like the brush but it works for me. This liner has great staying power, no smudging or smearing through out the day, and I found it much easier to apply that some of the others out there. I'd tried Smashbox and was really turned off to cream liners but though what the heck I'll give it a try because pencil liners just never seemed dark enough on me and liquid is just to hard to use. Now, I'm hooked! I'll never buy another pencil again! Girls ya gotta try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2007 11:23:00 AM More reviews by ohBetty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color is a very rich dark brown and glides on easily and evenly. It's an excellent color choice if you still want a dark line that is not harsh black.

I actually like the brush that comes with it - just remember to clean it every time after you use it or the leftover liner on it will harden and make the brush stiff. I have oily eyelids and the staying power is very good if your line is sharp. If you smudge the line, it'll start to fade out in half a day.

You need very little product for each use, so the container will proabbly last a whole year.