April 19, 2014 | 1797 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2009 6:52:00 PM More reviews by LolaKat

I have been using this for over 2 years, and it's a great powder for me. My skin is acne-prone, and this does not cause breakouts. Best powder I've found that comes close to HG-status.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 9:12:00 AM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Probably my favorite of all the CG pressed powders. I didn't realize when I bought it that it was designed to be worn over foundation, so I was really disappointed when it gave me NO coverage. Also, be sure to get the right shade, too light will def. make you look washed out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2008 4:37:00 AM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first powder I've ever purchased. I wanted something to set concealer, or control just a little bit of shine, so I didn't want to go with a heavy colored powder. This translucent powder seemed like just the thing.

The first time I put it on it didn't look good at all. It made my face look dry and flaky even though I had just moisturized, and I could see the powder against my skin. I was not impressed. But then I tried it again and instead of wiping it all over my face like I did before, I carefully pat the powder on, and voila - huge difference. It was even better after the powder had a few moments to "settle in" - after that, my face just looked smooth, soft, and glowing, and perfectly natural. I wear it all the time now, and even from up close, the powder is not noticeable. I love feeling my cheeks afterward because the powder gives them the smoothest softest texture. It feels light and stays on pretty well.

The smell is not the nicest, but I can overlook that considering how cheap this stuff is and how long a compact lasts. I would definitely repurchase this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2008 8:22:00 PM More reviews by wildwoodflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this powder. I use it to set my foundation. It's smooth, and does the job without getting cakey. The color blends well, doesn't make me look ghostly. Lasts all day, looks natural.
I'm not a fan of Covergirl. But I always come back to this powder. I've a tried products that cost more, but nothing works better for me.
I like the clean smell, and the compact.

I love this product! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 2:47:00 PM More reviews by lizzy666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder. Seriously, I always stray and then I come back and swear I'll never use anything else. I was using dior, chanel, stilla, etc...this is the ONLY one that not only doesn't change my skin color, but doesn't make me break out. Also, I have large pores and some how this just makes them disappear. I find because my skin is so oily and because I use a sunscreen, that I need to reapply almost every hour. No problem for me really, as long as it keeps my makeup from sliding off. Which it does. My other powders looked like crap if I kept reapplying. Also, I like that it's translucent, and cheap. No frills.
But really, it doesn't clog my pores, that's all that matters. I've tried the other CG powders, and I find this one is the best for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2008 8:48:00 PM More reviews by daniellex

I absolutely love this product. My absolute favorite pressed powder, and I've tried lots of different ones, from drugstore brands to high-end brands. It makes my skin velvety soft and it doesn't have any scent which I like. I have pretty good skin so I don't need to apply any foundation; just a little concealer and this powder and I'm good to go! It tones down the redness in my face and helps even out my skin tone really nicely. I'm on my second compact already and plan to buy many more. There's nothing I hate about this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by mam311

I have been using this powder for a while, though it's not the best on the market, I have yet to find a powder I love. I live where it is rainy, hot, and humid during the summer, and I think this does an ok job at keeping my shine away considering the elements. I just pack some blotting papers and that seems to do the trick. In the winter or even the summer when I get a few dry patches I try not to use this around those areas, as with any powder they make dry skin show up worse.
The smell is a bit strong, but it's clean smelling, which I am not bothered by at all. I do how ever recommend using a powder brush to apply this, if you use the puff, it tends to look cakey. As for the packaging, it's your usual compact, nothing crazy. I'd buy this again unless I find something else I like better. For the price it's not bad either.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Annieyan

it is so so.
the power is very very harsh,the fragrance almost make me faint!I can't let it close to my nose or I'll be fainted in the bathroom.
can't control shine and oil very well,the coverage is so so.
you can just throw the powder puff away when you open it.
the only thing I like is it won't cause my skin breakout.
I'm so glad that it is a gift(with my aquasmooth)
a totally garbage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by vande_13

This is a really good drugstore find!!! I have dry/sensitive skin so I have never been a fan of powder... however I suffer from persistent redness and I am just tired of it so recently I have started using some covering up. I dab foundation only on the red areas but noticed it didn't lasted. So I decided to try some powder on top to see if it improved the situation.
Since it was an experiment I wasn't willing to buy a super expensive powder... I came upon these reviews and decided to give it a shot. OMG this powder is awesomeeee!!
I have been getting away with just dusting my face with a big powder brush paying special attention to the red areas (it provides a light coverage), concealer and some bronzer. Its fabulous... people have stopped asking me if I am tired and I ditched the foundation for daily use :) now its for special occassions only! Doesn't accentuate flakes, no irritation, no pimples... nothing bad to say about it really.
The color selection seems limited but since the colors are translucent they can match several skin tones. I am a very light skinned Hispanic (yellow undertones but pink cheeks) and bought Translucent Light. It looks super light in the compact and thought I would look like a ghost but when I put it on it blended in beautifully. I might even be able to get away with Translucent Medium if I am a little bit tanned. Don't be scared by what it looks like in the compact... this really blends in!
Its like $5 when not in sale, so for the price this is a pretty darn good product.
EDIT: I've been using this for about 3 weeks and still no problems... I have to say this is HG for me now... I will never try any other powder! Why bother messing with such a good (and cheap!!) thing??

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2008 1:13:00 AM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can say I've tried almost all of covergirls pressed powders over the years. The formulas still the same no matter what they rename it, just a different scent. Their powder does take the redness out of my skin and covers pores well, but after a couple hours it gets really oily, due to my combo skin. I reapplied here and there only to make my face look like an even worse oilier mess. The worst part is that if you have dry skin be aware that every dry skin cell will show up in chalkiness on your face. Will never repurchase again.