August 1, 2014 | 1873 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by MissBaseball

I have 2 of these - 1 for me and one for my 11 year old step-daughter. We both really like it. The consistency is a bit thin, so I have to reapply more often than I do with a thicker balm but I just don't mind. It does a great job keeping my lips moisturized, it has a nice amount of shine without being sticky, has a great scent, and is very lightly tinted. Be careful, though - this stuff melts easily. As for my 11 year old, she absolutely loves it! Great for tweens, as it makes her feel like she is wearing makeup but is barely tinted and not sticky or drying like most girls' lip products.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by ericaspinky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This balm is very thin in consistency, imparts a lovely, bright reddish tint and smells like candy canes. However, it's mediocre as a lip treatment. It moisturizes better than the original Rosebud salve and is effective on slightly dry lips but I found that the Strawberry version performs much better. I love how it looks on my lips but due to the slippery texture, the lasting power is next to none. Personally, I don't mind the jar form; I use this at home and rub the remainder left on my fingers into my cuticles.

Here's how it compares to the other Smith's salves that I've tried:

Tint: Minted Rose>Original Rose>Strawberry
Consistency (from heavy to thin): Strawberry>Original Rose>Minted Rose
Moisturizing ability: Strawberry>>>Minted Rose>>>>>Original Rose

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 4:54:00 AM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty, lightly tinted shine as many have commented. This does not work well as a lip balm. It lasted less than 20 minutes, soaked right in and did not improve the condition of my lips at all. Still just as dry and flaky. If I were to apply it constantly, then it might work. There sure is enough of it in the tin to be able to! Another thing is, this stuff melts really easily and the tin is a pain to open.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by ellenicole16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great lip balm. It makes my lips really glossy with a very sheer tint. The smell kind of reminds me of a York Peppermint Patty; not amazing but not horrible either. I love lip products with peppermint because they tingle my lips and feel really refreshing. This is also very moisturizing and fairly long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Fuuka1209

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this at Anthropologie. It's GREAT! I have been looking for a new good lipbalm and this fits the bill. It's basically like the original Rosebud Salve, but with peppermint oil. The peppermint makes your lips all tingly when you put it on. It's great! But the peppermint also helps to tint your lips as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by hllm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic lip balm. I use this every night before I go to bed and find that it helps to moisturize my lips. The smell is great too, rosey and minty, gives your lips a nice tingle. If you like minty lip balms, give this one a try, you may be surprised!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by happy011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got it a few months ago and still have tons of products left! Initially i hated the scent, its like your grandmother's cupboard scent? But i got over it thou, love the tingly sensation.
It has alot product, and i think it'd last for ages.
Overall, i love this product regardless of the scent, but i wna try the strawberry one next!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Cnieto79

I bought this at the Sephora counter when I was checking out (those sneaky people lay out a bunch of cute products for you to spend more money at their store) and I am so glad I did! I have long since suffered from very chapped lips, to the point that they'll bleed if I laugh or smile. I picked this up because the tin it comes in caught my eye (very cute) and then I read that it was minted rose . The rose part freaked me out since i'm not a big fan of the scent but I love mint glosses. The first time I put it on, I was surprised by how so little can cover so much. I immediately felt the moisture smoothing out my lips. It also leaves them feeling tingly. The tin smells like roses but you can't taste it, which I like and it is not over powering. I have to agree that it does kind of remind me of petrolium jelly but this blam has a very subtle taste mixed in with mint and it leaves my lips glossy with a pink/red tint. I love this product, never leave home with out it. Maybe when this one runs out i'll try a different flavor but I love the minty feel!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by bluenote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Softens well and leaves a natural flush and tingle on the lips. However, it feels inedible and slightly heavy on the lips. Although it's a decent multipurpose product, I don't feel I'll be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite Rosebud salve. I like the slight mintiness and the tingle it leaves on your lips. It keeps my lips soft in this arrid climate that I am at. Also love that it makes my lips look glossy.