Smith's Rosebud Salve Minted Rose Lip Balm

4.1

Petrolatum, Peppermint Oil, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils).

on 10/10/2010 6:39:00 PM

The peppermint and rose combination has a pleasant smell. It leaves my lips looking juicy at first but then later I find that it actually looks kind of like of greasy looking. And then after it is washed off or dried, my lips returns back to being really dry with skin peeling off. I also think it is overpriced. I got it for $9 from american apparal. I like the strawberry one better since it is makes my lips less greasy looking although the smell is like a medicated strawberry smell.

on 10/5/2010 5:45:00 PM

Best Salve for lips!

on 8/31/2010 2:50:00 AM

It tastes great and has a slight minty cool tingle. It gives your lips a very delicate glossy sheen while looking natural and putting a tiny hint of color on them. It is not sticky at all, just very smooth. It moisturizes like crazy, my only qualm with this product is that it wears off very quickly which isn't good if you have chapped/dry lips like me, and the price is sort of steep. You get a LOT of product in it, so that does make up for the price, sort of, even though it is made out of some pretty simple ingredients.
I will buy it again and use it as my main gloss from now on.

on 8/24/2010 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

My favorite lip balm ever in the entire world! I love the tingle, how it's very smooth and slick, it has a very subtle glossiness that makes my lips look oh so plump, and it's absolutely wonderful. The product does tend to shift as it was sitting in my pocket and when I opened it it all shifted to one side. It does last a while as you don't need to much. I LOVE THIS STUFF! I highly recommend this. It's also a great base for lip glosses and lipsticks because I like mine to be a bit sheer and to glide on and this helps them glide on and give a nice, plump look. It keeps them moisturized with even lipsticks that dry my lips. GET IT!

on 8/18/2010 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a blistex girl but I had heard so many great things about this product that I picked it up while in Sephora in April. I love it! It has the hint of mint that I was used to getting with the blistex without the medicated smell. It leaves my lips feeling hydrated and soft. I love this stuff.

on 8/10/2010 11:27:00 PM

This is my favorite product from Smith's. I didn't really like the original Rosebud Salve because it had no color, and I really only use this on my lips.

This gives my lips a light, glossy red wash. It isn't extremely noticeable, so it's good for a light makeup day, and can be applied easily without a mirror with no worries. I like to put this on top of Nivea A Kiss of Flavor Cherry in order to make my mouth look even more red, but not like I have lipstick on.

The scent I'm not too crazy about. Sometimes I like it, but most of the time it makes me nauseous. The mint and the rose are a very heavy combination. (My one friend thinks that this smells like ass.) However, the scent fades after a while of being on lips. This is also not very moisturizing.

I must also add that I don't mind that, since this in a tin, I have to use my fingers to apply this. I find that lugging a brush around constantly is extremely inconvenient in public, and using my fingers doesn't bother me since I'm not a germ or clean freak.

I also noticed that they changed packaging a while back--not by design, but how it opens. I have the old version, where both sides must be squeezed/squished and the top turned side to side until it comes off. In this packaging, the balm is thinner and more liquid-like. In the new packaging, the lid just lifts right off easily, and the balm is definitely thicker.

on 8/10/2010 9:13:00 AM

I have 2 of these - 1 for me and one for my 11 year old step-daughter. We both really like it. The consistency is a bit thin, so I have to reapply more often than I do with a thicker balm but I just don't mind. It does a great job keeping my lips moisturized, it has a nice amount of shine without being sticky, has a great scent, and is very lightly tinted. Be careful, though - this stuff melts easily. As for my 11 year old, she absolutely loves it! Great for tweens, as it makes her feel like she is wearing makeup but is barely tinted and not sticky or drying like most girls' lip products.

on 7/9/2010 5:02:00 PM

This balm is very thin in consistency, imparts a lovely, bright reddish tint and smells like candy canes. However, it's mediocre as a lip treatment. It moisturizes better than the original Rosebud salve and is effective on slightly dry lips but I found that the Strawberry version performs much better. I love how it looks on my lips but due to the slippery texture, the lasting power is next to none. Personally, I don't mind the jar form; I use this at home and rub the remainder left on my fingers into my cuticles.

Here's how it compares to the other Smith's salves that I've tried:

Tint: Minted Rose>Original Rose>Strawberry
Consistency (from heavy to thin): Strawberry>Original Rose>Minted Rose
Moisturizing ability: Strawberry>>>Minted Rose>>>>>Original Rose

on 7/2/2010 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Pretty, lightly tinted shine as many have commented. This does not work well as a lip balm. It lasted less than 20 minutes, soaked right in and did not improve the condition of my lips at all. Still just as dry and flaky. If I were to apply it constantly, then it might work. There sure is enough of it in the tin to be able to! Another thing is, this stuff melts really easily and the tin is a pain to open.

on 6/26/2010 2:01:00 AM

This is a great lip balm. It makes my lips really glossy with a very sheer tint. The smell kind of reminds me of a York Peppermint Patty; not amazing but not horrible either. I love lip products with peppermint because they tingle my lips and feel really refreshing. This is also very moisturizing and fairly long lasting.

Popular Lip Treatments