April 16, 2014 | 1986 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Tom Ford Black Orchid

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 3:15:00 AM More reviews by MissSparkles

Sexy, daring, bold and seductive. Wear it if you dare. Definitely not for wallflowers :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Now this fragrance deserves a round of applause*
Black Orchid is what i've been looking for. Very deep and mysterious. Sweet yet Femme Fatale all rolled up in one. Spice and dark chocolate..ummm. You can't judge this fragrance right out of the bottle..you have to give her time to develope and my god does she smell good. The bottle......sophisticado.One of my all time favorites.
UPDATE: Signature scent*

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Threshold

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Black Orchid (not its nasty little cousin Black Orchid Voile de Fleur) is a scent that reaches in and touches the soul. It IS "black"... or so purple that its black. It is night, it is winter, it is deep sleep, it is exotic mystery, and it is comforting too.

"Top notes of Black Truffle and Ylang mingled with fresh Bergamot and delectable Black Currant.
Middle notes of dark, tempting Florals and rich Fruit Accords. The heart is deepened with the intoxicating Lotus Wood.
Base notes of Patchouli, Incense and Vetiver. Vanilla Tears add a fluid creaminess to warm Balsam and smooth Sandalwood."

I find I am wearing this more and more; a scent that is perfect for all seasons, especially at night or winter-day wear. I am a scent addict and find this to be one of the most exquisite blends in my extensive collection. It is *certainly* among the finest Tom Ford blends, Champaca Absolute Private Blend being another fave. EDP goes for days, while edt will the wearer through a long day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by kabukiKILLER

I thought it was a bit overpowering at first, but this seriously lasts for days if you don't sweat. I sprayed it on a card at the store, and it was still fragrant a week and a half after. The smell is very intoxicating and kind of androgynous on me. I don't think a girl should need to have a love interest to wear good perfume, so I got this simply because I couldn't stop sniffing it. There are some dupes for it, but none of them are perfect. It is extremely expensive, but I think it'll be worth it if you really like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by jennifer42

This is a big fragrance; even for someone who likes it, I couldn't imagine this being used often. Black Orchid opens with a heady, overripe plum - on later wearings the overripeness went into "rotting" territory - with an undercurrent of allspice, candy, and musk. On my skin this creates the impression of a sickeningly sweet smell covering up a noxious rotting odor. I can't wear this one.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had this perfume for such a long time now and have not written a review. I can only guess that I was enjoying it so much last winter that reviewing was far away from my mind or maybe I had been spending too much time on the makeup board. I knew I had something special when a work collegue that I have work with for the past eight years but have never spoken to each other complimented me on this perfume. She actually spoke! She complimented me, asked me what it was and asked if it would be ok if she got the same one. Strange... perfumes bring people together. We now got to lunch every now and then and have realized that we are both lovers of perfumes and have a lot in common.

This is a very rich, deep and sophisticated perfume. It is not for the faint of hart or those who are not wanting to be noticed. I can see this perfume being enjoyed and loved by all women who like rich perfumes with depth but definitely not for the aqua de or light/fresh type of girls.

Though this perfume is touted as being unisex in certain circles, I could not imagine me as a woman having serious conversation with a man who wears this. I do not see this an being unisex. No! The bottle is also very special. This I can see on a man dressing table.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 4:18:00 AM More reviews by ruqayya33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm soooooo surprised that no one has yet to review this awesome EDP by Tom Ford!!!

Black Orchid is a heady, sexy, spicy-oriental floral. I can definitely smell the Black Gardenia, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Lotus Wood, Orchid, Spicy Floral Accord, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Incense and Vanilla... while I don't get much of the Bergamot, Citrus and Mandarin. (I have no idea what the "Tom Ford Black Orchid Accord," which is also supposed to be in this scent, should/would smell like...)

On me, this EDP lasts 8+ hours. One spray is more than enough!!! While this may be too much for day time, casual wear and the office, it's a great scent for a night out....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by MonicaRockvilleMD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Recently, I had undergone some major changes and re-invented myself. I changed my makeup, hairstyle, liked different books, movies, activities -- my politics even changed! I also noticed that I was no longer interested in any of the floral-oriental perfumes that I had collected over the years. I needed something different, something that reflected a new, bold, sophistication that I had started to feel deep from within.

I spent an entire weekend at two different local sephoras plus the cosmetics counter at Nordstrom, trying on many perfumes with a spicy, woody scent. I considered Poison, Coco Chanel, Dior Addict, DK Delicious, and CK Secret Obsession. Bvlgari Jasmin Noir came close but nothing quite did it for me ... until I found this most unusual fragrance.

It knocks your socks off with it's dark, alluring, complex, mysterious intensity for about 30 minutes, then it softens to something still bold, still unique and still strong, yet unmistakably, undeniably feminine. This describes exactly how I feel about myself and this perfume personifies exactly who I am. The fragrance stays on the body for hours. Since I wear it all the time I don't mind that my clothes already smell like it. This just means I use less. I will not leave home without wearing any and I might as well toss the rest of my perfumes because although they are very high-quality, none of them really suit my personality anymore, as if I've outgrown them.

Tom Ford is a young olfactory genius who understands strong, independent and complex people and I hope he never, ever stops creating fragrances.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Dagney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This fragrance gets better the longer it's been on my skin. The first 30 minutes Black Orchid smells weird (the Black Truffle accord maybe?). Then then the weirdness goes away and you're left with a fruity, pungent oriental scent. The drydown is vanilla with some cucumber. Definitely an interesting fragrance with lots of change from top note to drydown. My DH loves this. Will be purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Kit20

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sprayed this with trepidation as I knew it was liable to be out of my usual comfort zone. It begins very chocolatey/vanilla with echoes of Flowerbomb & Angel. I had just decided it was probably a scrubber when the drydown hit. This is absolutley beautiful. The vanilla softens and a woodiness appears to come through with strong coconut. I got so many compliments that day I went and bought a bottle. So to conclude, do not be put off by the initial gourmande feel of this fragrance - wait ten minutes, and you might love it