April 20, 2014 | 1027 users online

Powder - La Prairie - Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

This is THE proof of how unique and individual every skin is and that s why:1 year ago my friend and I were in the market for a new powder foundation.We both have oily skin my friend is nw20 and I m nc 25-30 and we normaly most of the time(99%) wear and like the same skin care and make up product.So we both end up with the Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder.The defference was that when we went home I was crying and my friend was super happy LOL :)))))) first of all the shade (natural beige) was too dark for me.I like full coverage foundations and this was hardy medium coverage and how odd is that?this powder was too dry for my oily skin(and that never happens to me) had a dusty too much powder finish,sat on my pores and in in general I was not looking my best with this product .My friend on the other she is in love with this product is the only foundation she wears 1 year now.To tell the truth this didn t break me out(big plus for me) and my complexion was completely shine free through the day

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Absolutely

Update: Deducted a lippie because this contributed to breakouts and the colour is way too pink.

This is the best foundation for controlling oilies so far. Beats Shiseido and Chanel hands down for coverage and oil-control. However, the shades are super limited. I'm using Ivoire and I find that it's a too light but Cameo is too pink and I haven't tried Beige Dore yet but it looks rather pinky too, so I'm not sure what I can use for summer.

Texture is really fine and smooth, due to oil that's added into the powder. I was really suspicious of the amount of oil in the ingredients (no mineral oil of course) but oddly, this foundation controls much better than oil-free formulations. It hasn't broken me out so far but I usually get some breakouts regardless of what I use.

I have the rectangular compact which I am sad to say that there is only 10g of product in it. I want to repurchase this but the lack of colour selection is looking rather unattractive for summer at the moment.

I think they modified the ingredients slightly too (I got the old ingredients from someone):

New Ingredients (Rectangular Compact):
Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate、Polymethyl Methacrylate、Squalane、Methicone、Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Beta-Glucan, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Extract, Calluna Vulgaris (Heather) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Kaolin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Silk (Serica) Powder, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben、Propylparaben、Fragrance (Parfum)、Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.
May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Old Ingredients:
Talc、Dimethicone、Nylon-12、Zinc Stearate、Sodium Myristate、Polymethyl Methacrylate、Squalane、Methicone、Methylparaben、Sodium Dehydroacetate、Propylparaben、Vitamin E 、Ascorbyl Palmitate、Silk Powder、Kaolin、Fragrance、Sunflower Oil 、Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract、Beta-Glucan、Glycoproteins、Water、Propylene Glycol、Rosa Canina Fruit Extract、Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract、Calluna Vulgaris Extract、Panax Ginseng Root Extract、Equisetum Arvense Extract、Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract、(+/-)Titanium Dioxide、Mica、Iron Oxides、Ultramarines

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by nata779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went through lots of high end powder foundations and nothing is better than this one for me yet. The coverage is perfect. It really is matt, so use something brightening under it if you care about that issue. Applied with kabuki it doesn't look as good as with the sponge included. It does control oily patches really well. I took 1 lippie off because of the outrageous price, the fact that I didn't see any improvement in my skin condition due to cellular complex in the powder (although it's pretty good by itself) and the fact that after falling down it broke apart. Too much for just 1 lippie, I know, but the powder is sooooo good. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2008 9:47:00 AM More reviews by mailande

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had to review this product because I have never been so impressed with a powder foundation! I have problematic, sensitive, super-pale, oily skin; it's nearly impossible to find a nice powder to even things out. I used to use Dior's Diorskin Ultramat powder-foundation, and while I liked that, it does not compare to this La Prairie powder.

I ordered this powder in the lightest shade, and it came in a (rather large) rectangular compact. I don't know if they have changed the formulation since some of the earlier reviews (I see that this powder used to come in a circular compact), but I definitely did not find it to be too pale, or "white", at all. For my pale (pink-undertoned) skin, it is a great shade, but I would not complain if it were even a little lighter/less pink!

The powder glides on so smoothly, and definitely does provide a very matte finish. Usually I have to blot several times a day, but with this powder my skin looks good for 12 straight hours. I can see how it might be harder for people with dry skin to wear this powder, but I have not had any problems with flaking. For me, La Prairie's powder provides that "your-skin-but-better" look, which is exactly what I had been searching for!

My only complaint is the price; I cringe at how much this powder costs, but since it truly is that much better than any other powder I have ever tried, I will still buy it. However, I'm hoping the product lasts a long time so that I don't have to buy it too often!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by yumcheesy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

GOOD: pink undertones, matte finish, pretty compact; BAD: did not improve skin quality, and too expensive!! (i would probably feel differently if they sold refills)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2008 1:16:00 PM More reviews by winghang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great product! I have a sensitive and mixed skin. The texture of this foundation is very fine and it feels great on my skin (not too dry). This product gives my face a natural and matt look. I was afraid that the colour wouldn't match, Natural Beige looked very dark in the box. Happily, once applied the colour did match my yellowtoned skin.
I also use MAC NC40 sheer/pressed powder, C4 (in winter) and NC43 (in summer) Studio Fix and La Prairie Skin Caviar foundation Golden Beige.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by rsm1309

I''ve tried a lot of this type of formulation, and this really is one of the very best powder foundations I've ever come across. Firstly, the colour pigments are exceptional - you get a lovely natural and neutral skin tone, which doesn't seem to have particularly noticeable pink, yellow or beige overtones - it just looks like skin! It doesn't change colour once applied, and it gives a very reasonable degree of coverage - I would rate it as medium in intensity. It doesn't look cakey and does not show up pores either. If I had one tiny criticism, it would be that it is very matt (more so than Aveda Dual Base, Smashbox Powder Foundation or Givenchy Matmate - and the Matmate is pretty matt, I have to say!). If I were the formulation chemist in charge of this product I would add a teeny weeny bit of shimmer, but leave the colour pigments and other ingredients exactly the same - after all, this brand at this price point is probably not being worn by masses of oily-skinned teenagers and doesn't need to be hugely mattifying. I, personally wear it over Shiseido luminiser to add a bit of sheen to the skin and to stop any dry flaky patches developing on the chin. Not cheap, but for La Prairie, actually one of their more affordable products. Oh - and it's a nice compact too. Stellar foundation - I would like to give 4.5, with just half a star taken off for the mattness.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by czarneca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to agree with the positive reviews - this is a great product! It provides light to moderate coverage on its own, and is great over a liquid foundation for those days when I need more coverage. It does leave a matte finish and is quite good for oil control. However, there is a bit of a flat finish at the end, so need to apply blush or highlighter after the powder foundation. Overall, I love this foundation, and will repurchase once I use it up (which will take months).

UPDATE: this caused me to have an allergic reaction - I think due to the heavy perfume in La Prairie's products. Had to give it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2007 10:30:00 AM More reviews by lil_pie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is THE best no bullshit, no oilies, no sliding off face makeup that lasts ALL day. Seriously, I am oily like you wouldn't believe it, even the famous Ultima Longwearing foundation couldn't keep me oil-free all day. However, a THIN coat of this is enough to do the trick. The finish is very matte, so you'd probably have to add some highlighter or shimmer if you don't want such a 'flat' look (if it wasn't, this would be PERFECT and I'll never look for another foundation, but alas, nothing is ever 'perfect').

I'd imagine this would be ideal for work, esp if you won't have time to keep touching up/blotting, plus the matte look keeps you looking upkempt and professional. This can be even used as a base to absorb oil since it is that good.

I would never have found this if it wasn't for the reviews!! This is definitely a new staple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2007 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Tess35

I love the quality and versatility of this product. I have been using this for quite some time as this gives me a flawless look, makes my pores appear finer (almost invisible at closer look). I normally have this tiny beads of sweat at my nose and my t-zone area is always shiny but this powder alone is perfect for me. This powder comes in generous amount which compensates for its price and does not need a lot in order to cover well, which is one of its charms. Maybe this is also the reason why I look made-up with this powder, not natural but rather elegantly made-up.

One note though, it seems to define my fine lines under the eyes no matter how much eye cream I use. And not refillable too. Hence, one lippy off.

EDIT: I used to have this in beige soleil, which worked quite well but became too tan for me. However, when I bought beige dore, I find that it does not blend as well as the beige soleil.

EDIT 2: Nov. 23, 2008. I bought the new packaged one. Same 14.2 grams as the old one but in a rectangular compact. Also the new one does not come with a back-up sponge but is slightly more pricey. I just wish that LP could use a refillable compact instead. I love this powder fdn to death. This is still the best powder fdn in my book. Last Friday there was a 20% sale and being a sucker, I bought Natural Beige and Sunlit Beige at the same time (can keep them for 24 months unopened). Today I wear the Natural Beige to church and I find the color a bit too brown for my complexion, I bet Sunlit Beige will be a better match next time as it has more yellow to it. However, the best thing in my opinion about this fdn is that the color blends into your complexion after 30 minutes (as long as it is not too light for you, a little darker is okay). Needless to say, Natural Beige managed to look natural on me 'though made me look a little suntanned. And when the color is not to my liking, I pound the powder until it is fine and mix a tablespoon of it with a tub of any of my loose powder (La Mer is a good choice as it is shiny). I end up with a color powder that never cake and I am without the oilies.