Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Hydrating

3.7

Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, PEG/PPG-18/18, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sucrose Distearate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Phenooxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Xylitylglucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Anhydroxylitol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Xylitol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Sorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Tripotassium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hyaluronic Acid, Allantoin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbardensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470)

on 5/28/2009 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've used this product 3 or 4 times to horrible results. I have fair, combination skin (though more on the dry side). First of all, I don't see that this product does a thing to even out my skin, and it doesn't allow for easier foundation application or result in improved foundation coverage. Not impressed; but, it was expensive so I decided to give it one more try. Same results - and the most horrifying of all, I realized use of this primer results in MAJOR cystic breakouts by the next day or so. I'm battling an embarrassing breakout right now because of this primer. I've blamed hormones the past few times this happened, but really it's only been this bad right after using this stuff. I'll stick to my Tarte primer from now on.

on 3/11/2009 1:35:00 AM

I'm one of those that really like trying all the different kinds of what not person, and I have tried a few primers and this is the only one that I repurchase.

Things I like about this:
1) cream/gel texture
2) feels light and comfy
3) my make up stays put
4) lasts me a long time (5-6 mths) so I think it's not that expensive if you look at it in this perspective.
5) no artificial fragrance

A few things I don't like or found missing in this product are:
1) it does not even out skin tone
2) it has no SPF
3) no artificial fragrance - yeah this item came back to bite me, I thought no bad artificial fragrance is good for ya skin, but this product smells odd and this is the main reason why I keep wanting to try all the other ones out there.

on 2/27/2009 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

My Skin: Dry/Combination/Sensitive, yellow undertones.

The Look:
It makes all products, foundations and even bronzers look smooth and natural on me. I feel very confidant with this on even in broad day light. (However my preference is for light foundations & I don't tend to use setting powder).

The Feel:
The best thing about the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer is the feel. I hate oily-feeling products that feel like they are clogging up my pores! This primer feels almost like a gel that absorbs instantly giving a totally smooth base. It feels very light on me.

Usage tips:
I have a YSL face bronzer that is too dark and I have mixed it with this product to produce natural looking results. The bronzer on it's own comes out patchy, but this product stops this problem!

on 2/19/2009 12:54:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This stuff is fantastic. I use it under my LM TM.

I dont use this everyday because I dont use TM everyday....so my tube lasts a few months.

My only gripe is that I wish it were a bit bigger, because it is rather pricey.

Great primer for dry skin.

on 2/13/2009 9:54:00 AM

I used this primer for awhile before I finally realized the hydrogenated vegetable oil in it was breaking me out. I also didn't notice a difference as far as longevity of foundation was concerned when I used this stuff either. It's just a "lotion-y" type primer that sat on top of the skin. It burned upon first application &did nothing in terms of hydrating. For such a high price tag, this primer didn't perform.

on 1/11/2009 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

this is a good product but its really expensive:(

on 1/7/2009 8:35:00 PM

I actually thought the price for this product wasn't too bad. There is a lot in the tube. Also, I found this to be really moisturizing for my skin. I have very dry skin, so this paired with the LM oil free foundation is a great combo. Not sure why it's so under rated.

UPDATE: I still love this primer. Not liking the LM Oil Free Foundation anymore though, too drying.

on 1/4/2009 12:44:00 PM

Hydrates well. I just don't notice a difference in the wear of face makeup (blush, concealer) during the day. Expensive considering I don't see fabulous results. I still use my regular moisturizer with this because I do not know if the hydrating ingredients are anything special. Maybe I should have purchased the regular primer without the hydrating properties. Heard Smashbox is fabulous. Will try that next.

on 12/16/2008 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I hate that my skin is dry and it is even more so in the winter so wearing foundation cakey and accentuated my dry patches. I decided I really needed a primer to make my foundation application smoother and last longer. I decided to shell out the 30 bucks for this product because of it's moisturizing properties. In my opinion, it's an all right product. I wasn't bothered by the slight sticky feely it left on my face because it only took a short time for dry. I noticed my foundation went on noticably smoother and lasted a little longer than usual before drying up on me.

on 8/6/2008 2:49:00 PM

i normally use the foundation primer, the original formura one..when i used up my last bottle, then i think i might just try this one..but it doesnt work as good as i expect though, completely different with my previous one..i feel a mild tingle after i applied it on my face, i dont know why this happen...but it keep apprearing this action every single time i use, so i might just stick with my original one then

Popular Primer/ Correctors