Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Hydrating

3.7

Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, PEG/PPG-18/18, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sucrose Distearate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Phenooxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Xylitylglucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Anhydroxylitol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Xylitol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Sorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Tripotassium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hyaluronic Acid, Allantoin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbardensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470)

on 3/11/2009 1:35:00 AM

I'm one of those that really like trying all the different kinds of what not person, and I have tried a few primers and this is the only one that I repurchase.

Things I like about this:
1) cream/gel texture
2) feels light and comfy
3) my make up stays put
4) lasts me a long time (5-6 mths) so I think it's not that expensive if you look at it in this perspective.
5) no artificial fragrance

A few things I don't like or found missing in this product are:
1) it does not even out skin tone
2) it has no SPF
3) no artificial fragrance - yeah this item came back to bite me, I thought no bad artificial fragrance is good for ya skin, but this product smells odd and this is the main reason why I keep wanting to try all the other ones out there.

on 2/27/2009 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

My Skin: Dry/Combination/Sensitive, yellow undertones.

The Look:
It makes all products, foundations and even bronzers look smooth and natural on me. I feel very confidant with this on even in broad day light. (However my preference is for light foundations & I don't tend to use setting powder).

The Feel:
The best thing about the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer is the feel. I hate oily-feeling products that feel like they are clogging up my pores! This primer feels almost like a gel that absorbs instantly giving a totally smooth base. It feels very light on me.

Usage tips:
I have a YSL face bronzer that is too dark and I have mixed it with this product to produce natural looking results. The bronzer on it's own comes out patchy, but this product stops this problem!

on 2/19/2009 12:54:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This stuff is fantastic. I use it under my LM TM.

I dont use this everyday because I dont use TM everyday....so my tube lasts a few months.

My only gripe is that I wish it were a bit bigger, because it is rather pricey.

Great primer for dry skin.

on 2/13/2009 9:54:00 AM

I used this primer for awhile before I finally realized the hydrogenated vegetable oil in it was breaking me out. I also didn't notice a difference as far as longevity of foundation was concerned when I used this stuff either. It's just a "lotion-y" type primer that sat on top of the skin. It burned upon first application &did nothing in terms of hydrating. For such a high price tag, this primer didn't perform.

on 1/11/2009 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

this is a good product but its really expensive:(

on 1/7/2009 8:35:00 PM

I actually thought the price for this product wasn't too bad. There is a lot in the tube. Also, I found this to be really moisturizing for my skin. I have very dry skin, so this paired with the LM oil free foundation is a great combo. Not sure why it's so under rated.

UPDATE: I still love this primer. Not liking the LM Oil Free Foundation anymore though, too drying.

on 1/4/2009 12:44:00 PM

Hydrates well. I just don't notice a difference in the wear of face makeup (blush, concealer) during the day. Expensive considering I don't see fabulous results. I still use my regular moisturizer with this because I do not know if the hydrating ingredients are anything special. Maybe I should have purchased the regular primer without the hydrating properties. Heard Smashbox is fabulous. Will try that next.

on 12/16/2008 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I hate that my skin is dry and it is even more so in the winter so wearing foundation cakey and accentuated my dry patches. I decided I really needed a primer to make my foundation application smoother and last longer. I decided to shell out the 30 bucks for this product because of it's moisturizing properties. In my opinion, it's an all right product. I wasn't bothered by the slight sticky feely it left on my face because it only took a short time for dry. I noticed my foundation went on noticably smoother and lasted a little longer than usual before drying up on me.

on 8/6/2008 2:49:00 PM

i normally use the foundation primer, the original formura one..when i used up my last bottle, then i think i might just try this one..but it doesnt work as good as i expect though, completely different with my previous one..i feel a mild tingle after i applied it on my face, i dont know why this happen...but it keep apprearing this action every single time i use, so i might just stick with my original one then

on 7/30/2008 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I generally find LM's products to be of high quality and like them a lot, but this product is awful. Just awful. It's nothing more than a moisturizer--there is nothing about it that improves the look or staying power of your makeup.

My skin is very dry, so I thought this would be a good product for me. I applied the tiniest amount over my usual moisturizer (which is not heavy), and applied my GA SS foundation. I found that, by the end of the day, my foundation was GONE. Completely gone. Nothing on the washcloth, nothing on my face.

I hope LM's product quality won't take a dive since she was bought out. This one was certainly a disappointment.

Popular Primer/ Correctors