October 31, 2014 | 1231 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer - Hydrating

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by pompodore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My Skin: Dry/Combination/Sensitive, yellow undertones.

The Look:
It makes all products, foundations and even bronzers look smooth and natural on me. I feel very confidant with this on even in broad day light. (However my preference is for light foundations & I don't tend to use setting powder).

The Feel:
The best thing about the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer is the feel. I hate oily-feeling products that feel like they are clogging up my pores! This primer feels almost like a gel that absorbs instantly giving a totally smooth base. It feels very light on me.

Usage tips:
I have a YSL face bronzer that is too dark and I have mixed it with this product to produce natural looking results. The bronzer on it's own comes out patchy, but this product stops this problem!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by SoPolished

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This stuff is fantastic. I use it under my LM TM.

I dont use this everyday because I dont use TM everyday....so my tube lasts a few months.

My only gripe is that I wish it were a bit bigger, because it is rather pricey.

Great primer for dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2009 9:54:00 AM More reviews by aimeeb212

I used this primer for awhile before I finally realized the hydrogenated vegetable oil in it was breaking me out. I also didn't notice a difference as far as longevity of foundation was concerned when I used this stuff either. It's just a "lotion-y" type primer that sat on top of the skin. It burned upon first application &did nothing in terms of hydrating. For such a high price tag, this primer didn't perform.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 10:23:00 AM More reviews by disneydiva21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is a good product but its really expensive:(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Cannityk214

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually thought the price for this product wasn't too bad. There is a lot in the tube. Also, I found this to be really moisturizing for my skin. I have very dry skin, so this paired with the LM oil free foundation is a great combo. Not sure why it's so under rated.

UPDATE: I still love this primer. Not liking the LM Oil Free Foundation anymore though, too drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2009 12:44:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

Hydrates well. I just don't notice a difference in the wear of face makeup (blush, concealer) during the day. Expensive considering I don't see fabulous results. I still use my regular moisturizer with this because I do not know if the hydrating ingredients are anything special. Maybe I should have purchased the regular primer without the hydrating properties. Heard Smashbox is fabulous. Will try that next.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2008 4:32:00 PM More reviews by pinkblushxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hate that my skin is dry and it is even more so in the winter so wearing foundation cakey and accentuated my dry patches. I decided I really needed a primer to make my foundation application smoother and last longer. I decided to shell out the 30 bucks for this product because of it's moisturizing properties. In my opinion, it's an all right product. I wasn't bothered by the slight sticky feely it left on my face because it only took a short time for dry. I noticed my foundation went on noticably smoother and lasted a little longer than usual before drying up on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by angelxx

i normally use the foundation primer, the original formura one..when i used up my last bottle, then i think i might just try this one..but it doesnt work as good as i expect though, completely different with my previous one..i feel a mild tingle after i applied it on my face, i dont know why this happen...but it keep apprearing this action every single time i use, so i might just stick with my original one then

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I generally find LM's products to be of high quality and like them a lot, but this product is awful. Just awful. It's nothing more than a moisturizer--there is nothing about it that improves the look or staying power of your makeup.

My skin is very dry, so I thought this would be a good product for me. I applied the tiniest amount over my usual moisturizer (which is not heavy), and applied my GA SS foundation. I found that, by the end of the day, my foundation was GONE. Completely gone. Nothing on the washcloth, nothing on my face.

I hope LM's product quality won't take a dive since she was bought out. This one was certainly a disappointment.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2007 8:59:00 PM More reviews by mrsliliana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to Sephora to try to find a hydrating foundation since i am having the dryest skin of my life this winter.
anyway, the man recommended i use this under any foundation i wanted, and he did my whole face. he used this, the LM silk creme foundation and her mineral powder to set it. this seems like a good idea and the foundation hasnt budged but it made the whole look feel extremely heavy. i have felt like i am wearing a mask the entire day. i have left it on though, to give it a thorough testing and it is just not working for me. my husband noticed it he said "you look like you have too much going on" and he is the most oblivious man in the U.S. so, i am really very glad i only tried it and didnt buy it b/c i am still on my quest for a light foundation that hydrates. i might just have to try tinted moisturizer i guess.