Make Up For Ever Sens Eyes

Aqua (Water), Isododecane, Methylpropanediol, Acrylates Copolymer, Ageratum Conyzoides (Ageratum Conyzoides Leaf Extract), Butylene Glycol, Butylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Glycerin, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton Seed Extract), Isobutylparaben, Mel Extract (Honey Extract), Sodium Methylparaben, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sorbic Acid, Tromethamine, CI 42090 (Blue 1).

on 5/16/2011 11:36:00 PM

This stuff works miracles. if it can get diorshow blackout off in a matter of seconds, it can do anything. I love that is comes in a sanitary pump also. And one of the few that does not irritate my eyes after i use it.

on 3/11/2011 6:15:00 PM

This works so well. It's very lightweight, gentle, effective (but not quite as effective as an oil based remover) and leaves no resdiue at all. But the price! I've been using it for a week and the bottle is 1/4 gone. Would repurchase if it were half the price or had more product. Otherwise, it's great, highly recommended.

on 1/10/2011 5:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I can't believe I have not tried this before! Until recently, I was using L'oreal gentle eye m/u remover. While that was cheap, I went through several bottles of those very quickly as I find that I needed to soak up my cotton pad with a fair bit of the remover in order to remover my eye makeup effortlessly.

I have been very into MUFE lately and when the SA recommended this to me I thought why not ? In my country, the price for MUFE products are quite jacked up so I paid about 29usd for it (after conversion) as opposed to 23usd at Sephora. Also, I have very very sensitive eyes and they are so sensitive to the point that even extra virgin olive oil stings my eyes so badly.

Since my eyes are so sensitive, I was abit worried but to my surprise this product was very gentle on my eyes. But I do admit that if it seeps into my eyes, it does 'sting' a little but having said that its nothing serious because it goes away after about 1-2 minutes. I also find that this product is very economical because I only had to use a small dollop for each eye.

Unlike the instructions, I do not pump the product onto the cotton pad first. I pump a small dollop of the product onto my finger tips and massaged my eye area. This method effectively melts down waterproof mascara, cream eyeshadow, cream liner etc. I then take a dry/damp cotton pad and wipe it away and voila my eyes were left clean and not a trace of makeup left! I think using this method will save you lots of product. I tried using this to remove MUFE's Aqua cream (which is waterproof) and it worked like a charm! I also really like the design of the bottle. It comes in a nice no frills pump bottle and the product itself is a blue colored gel. I will continue to use this and will most definitely repurchase when I run out. :) Another excellent product by MUFE!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is an amazing product for removing waterproof (or any) makeup. It's gentle, non-irritating, and astoundingly effective. I much prefer this to greasy, liquid eye makeup removers.

on 12/25/2010 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I would only buy it again if it was a part of some deal for cheap. Otherwise I am on the search to find a makeup remover that is just as good as this one without breaking the bank. It comes in such a small bottle! Plus I had to heat a bowl of water to put the bottle in so I could liquify the remains and put in a jar where I can use the last quarter of it. It works perfectly when I want to take off waterproof makeup. I am on the hunt for a remover that will be gentle like this remover and take off tough makeup that other removers can not. Unfortunately, for now I will be using this product until then.

This cleanser is effective for removing eye makeup, along with liner, and mascara. It is gentle and non-stinging if caught up in the eye. Cannot detect a smell, but that could be my nose! A quality product.

on 8/26/2010 2:52:00 PM

it has good smells. Not like some other product, you can smell alcohol or other weired smell.

it is pretty genital, at least to most of my friends. But i feel it is bit sting when I apply to my eye.

There is always some makeup remaining on my face.

It only cost $20 something. it is worth to buy,

on 8/4/2010 11:54:00 PM

Mary Karr, in her book "Lit," recounts her mother's adage that "you can never wear too much mascara." I'd tend to agree, except when it's late at night and I'm tired and my eyes are itchy from fatigue or allergies. Too many times I've had to struggle through using gentle, but less-than-effective makeup removers, or getting it off quickly but making my eyes puffy and even more irritated by using purportedly gentle removers that stung like hell. Enter Sens Eyes by Make Up Forever. Sephora had samples for sale and I picked up a wee bottle because what I had at home wasn't doing the trick. This product is astonishing. A small amount on a tissue rapidly and gently takes off the mascara and leaves my skin unannoyed and my eyes don't puff up and turn red. A little product goes a long way and it's an excellent value for the price. This is a rave review, indeed it is.

on 6/27/2010 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I loved the idea of this product--creamy, fragrance-free waterproof eye makeup remover--but it did not do a very good job at removing my waterproof eye makeup. The creamy lotion felt nice but I had to really scrub my makeup out and the lotion migrated into my eyes, which clouded up my contacts. My Lancome Bifacil and Mary Kay eye makeup removers worked 10 times better than Sens'Eyes, which is unfortunate because I love Make Up For Ever's products. Can't win thm all, I guess.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

- Skip down to 'Final Consensus' for short summary of overall thoughts on product -

What it Claims:
"This mineral oil-free gel removes make-up from eyes and lips and is extremely effective and incredibly gentle. It doesn't leave the eyelids feeling greasy. It instantly removes impurities and even waterproof make-up on the most sensitive eyes and even contact lenses wearers."

Claims - True or False?
1) Removes makeup from eyes and lips: True.
2) Is extremely effective: False.
3) Incredibly gentle: False.
4) Doesn't leave the eyelids feeling greasy: True.
5) Instantly removes impurities and waterproof makeup: False.

This makeup remover comes in a pump bottle with clear plastic packaging. The pump itself is one that can lock, making it excellent for minor traveling or tossing in your gym bag to remove eye makeup pre-workout. I do like the pump as it is quite hygienic, but this design has a minor flaw: It it impossible to get all of the product out of the tube. There is a decent amount of gel left on the sides and the bottom which can somewhat be scraped out, but I think it would be much more effective if they used a different form of pump dispenser that would allow for all the product to be used properly. The packaging itself is very simple, somewhat bland. The plastic does not provide an ingredients list.

I truly despise the smell. It's not overly strong in any way, but it's quite strong when you consider the fact that the label states "fragrance free". I can't really describe the scent, but I'd take a guess and say it's a chemical scent.

I think the only think I really adore about this is the consistency. Regardless of whether it works or not, I love the idea of a gel or lotion in place of a liquid. It is very much like a creamy gel, and with a gorgeous blue colouring. This, however, is something I am not fond of in a product designed for SENSITIVE eyes and skin. Not too thick or thin, can easily be applied directly to the eye area without it dripping everywhere. I would, however, prefer if it had a little bit of an oilier consistency. I found that adding a drop of jojoba oil made it far more effective.

Ease of Use:
Not hard to use, but I found it to be a little difficult to get results when placing the gel directly on a cotton ball. Because it isn't a liquid, I felt that I had to rub my eyes more than I would with a liquid. Instead of applying to the cotton ball, I found it easier to apply directly to my eye area, massage it in and then blot and sweep it away.

Bang for your Buck:
At around $25.00CAD for 3.38oz, it's not cheap, but it's comparable to other pricier brands out there. I can't see it lasting more than 5 months or so with regular use, but I think it's a good alternative to more expensive brands.

Final Consensus:
Recommended to those who dislike liquidy makeup removers, but not recommended for those with sensitive eyes and/or skin. Best for those who wear light and non-waterproof makeup, not ideal for shimmery or thicker applications.
- Pros: nice consistency, easy to use, travel-friendly, not much is needed to remove makeup, does not need to be used to cotton pads.
- Cons: stung the eye area, can dry the skin out, scent is a bit offensive, is a tad pricey, does not remove makeup properly, packaging prevents use of entire product,

Overall Rating: 2/5
Price: 4/5
Packaging Quality: 3/5
Would you buy this product again: No.