MAC Brow Finisher

4.2

on 4/16/2008 2:40:00 PM

Would I buy again? Yes, yes, YES! This is the most amazing brow product I have ever used! I have pretty light brows naturally and have always had to fill the in. I've used pencils, brow powder, e/s, all of it! The look I liked the best was using a powder w/ a slanted brush and then a little wax over them to help them stay in place...they can look a little unruley! But all that in the morning was taking way too long to do! I wanted something faster & easier to use. I came across these at CCO. I went in w/ nothing on my brows, tested these out very lightly on them and, wow, what a difference it made! And so quickly! Even the SA said how nice they looked and she didn't even see me using it, so she wasn't just trying to make a sale.
Anyway, I use this in Cinnamon and it matches my red hair just fine. I seriously hope these are never dicontinued!

on 3/26/2008 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product! This is the second tube I purchase I purchased wheat in the winter as I tend to darken my hair color in the winter and this time around I purchased it in brunette. I usually use it to finish my eyebrows after applying a little eye shadow to darken and fill my eyebrows and then apply the brow finisher over my brows...I love the outcome it is also great to use on it's own it gives just the perfect color and the perfect hold not greasy at all or harsh on the brows. Once again MAC comes out with another amazing product....I will repurchase in the future.

on 2/25/2008 7:40:00 PM

I bought this at CCO, and its my 1st MAC product and I love it. I always thought a lot of MAC stuff was overrated but this is a great base for under my brow gel. It makes shaping them with the gel much easier b/c it gives it something to hold on to. Since I've had this, they look much more natural. I have this in beige blonde which adds a little color which looks more natural. I just use a little brow powder after. Will def. buy after cuz the wax makes it so much easier to get perfect brows. I use rimmel brow gel with this - the best for the price.

on 2/17/2008 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in clear. This stuff is OK at getting my brows to stay in place, but it's a little difficult to apply makeup onto my brows after applying this finisher. I am currently using a very light amount of blacktrax fluidline since I have black brows, but this makes the makeup very uneven and not smooth when I apply it over the wax.
It's also pretty pricey, although it doesn't take much to get the job done.
The associate I bought this from suggested I use a dark brown shadow for my brows, but said the fluidline would work too. I think I might try using the dark brown shadow before completely giving up on the finisher. But off of my current experience, I wouldn't buy it again.

on 2/10/2008 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this based on the reviews I have read here and I must say I am very pleased so far. I got it in 'Blonde', which is far lighter than my dark brown brows, as my main objective wasn't so much to fill my brows with colour, than to tame and neaten them. My eyebrows are well-shaped and not overly sparse, but I do have some hairs that go against the grain. For me, it was a toss-up between this and Brow Set and I think I've made the right choice. Brow Finisher is waxy and even after 3 applications, it isn't flaking or showing visible signs of wax build-up. It has flattened and tamed my eyebrows, making them look slightly thicker (I wanted this so I pressed down on my brows when I applied it to spread them out). 6 hours on, it has held well and the wax is still there and feels fresh, allowing me to re-shape my brows as required. I feel I have a lot of control here, there isn't too much product and it stays pretty much on the brows, without depositing on the skin around them (which is something I feared would happen). For this reason, I don't believe it would work that well taming very thick, stubborn eyebrows. For this, I imagine something more heavy duty would be required. I'm happy with my colour choice too. The tone is very subtle and hasn't darkened my brows at all. I can see myself using this with my MAC Eye Brows pencil to define and shape my brows. A really nice product.

on 2/2/2008 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

(in "wheat"): My long, sparse, messy, bushy eyebrows are no longer any of the aforementioned with this one. Definitely great, even when worn alone. I feel that my face is much tidier with it.

on 2/1/2008 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great product for lazy or rushed days. Gives my sparse brows subtle definition and polish. Really easy to apply, difficult to mess up. Should give more product for the money though! ♥

on 11/4/2007 6:01:00 PM

I really love this product. I was previously using a black brow pencil + clear brow gel to set my eyebrows and wanted to give a wax product a try. My brows are dark (black hair) but not incredible thick and there's an empty patch from a scar on one side-- everybody thinks I overplucked. Using a black brow pencil is too harsh and it's very easy to make a noticeable mistake. I bought this in Wheat and the color is dark enough to give brows definition without being too harsh. And I now have one product that does the work of two. The wax sets hair as well as the gel did and it doesn't make my brows feel crunchy. I just swipe this on my brows and brush through with an old mascara brush, and perfect!

on 11/1/2007 11:33:00 AM

This is a good finisher but doesnt hold like I thought it would. It helps a bit though. Im glad I got this at my local Off 5th and I didnt pay retail....It works for now.

I have to say Im in the minority about this but i hated this product, I just managed to exchange it for something else and trying to do that in the UK is like trying to get blood out of a stone! I can see how this product can work for some people with their own natural brows but for me it didnt at all. I have thin, sparse brows on top of that i have a little clear scar on the end of my right brow, where the hairs havent grown back so i just pencil it in. I use the shiseido eyebrow pencil to fill in my brows and give them a bit more 'shape'. This brow thing (i bought the clear) just messed up all my hard work! The colour from the pencil went all smudgy and blotchy and some hairs would always clump together in groups! This just wasnt for me. I much prefer benefit's speed brow or even any clear mascara that holds well i can just lightly brush through my brows without disturbing any brow powder/pencil.

Popular Brows Products