December 18, 2014 | 1658 users online

Foundations - SKII - Air Touch Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 4:19:00 PM More reviews by M31212Y

This is the biggest expenses in my makeup history LOL :D
but it TOTALLY WORTH EVERY DAMN PENNY!!
I did not have any problem using it at the first time, but I got the wrong shade. I've got OP1, it toooo pale for my pale asian skin, maybe it will works for people with extremely white skin.
Than I purchased OP3, and it is just FLAWLESS!!!
this stuff will not covered your acne or any heavy skin imperfection, you have to used a concealer before spray the foundation on your face to get the best result.
the only downside is this foundation doesn't last me a long time if I use it everyday..it only lasted me about less than a month!! Now I only use it for special occasion and weekend only :) I only use TBS ultra smooth as my foundation and Everyday Mineral foundie as my concealer.
I definitely repurchased!! This is the best make up investment ever!!! and the appliicator was verryy veryy prettyy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by grenadine_00

Love this foundation - surpasses all of my previous foundations including Chanel's vitalumiere, Armani's LSF. The finish is poreless and undetectable - unlike anything I've seen before. A breeze literally to apply, I hold this about four inches away from my face and spray horizontally across the forehead, then each cheek, and vertically down the nose and chin. Takes about 15-20 seconds total. Foolproof. Natural luminous finish that makes me glow. I apply my concealer beforehand, and my eyemakeup afterwards. I don't finish with any powder as I prefer the dewy finish. Lasting power is several hours which is a new thing for me as I normally need to touch up with powder with any other foundation. You can cap the refill if you need another color for summer or are traveling. Absolutely recommend. (GA LSF 5, Chanel Cameo; oily combo skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by thecreativelogic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG! I have found my one true love. The best thing is that if you want airbrushed skin, this gives you that. It's amazing. I don't think the price is that bad for a couple reasons. Sure, you look at the price tag of 150 and gasp, but really what you're buying is the machine. And if you compare that to airbrush machines, it's not too bad. Also, you don't have to clean any little parts like you do on an airbrush machine, and you keep the machine forever, only needing to replace batteries every so often. It gives lovely, flawless coverage. I like more coverage so I take a little longer to apply. Never does it look cakey or gross, not even by end of day - only around my glasses nosepiece but that's more the glasses than the foundation. I am quite pale and yellow-toned and I use shade OP-3. I considered OP-1, but I think the slightly darker one looks more natural and healthy. OP-3 also seemed to apply more evenly when I tested it. I have an even paler friend who has pink undertones and I think OP-1 would be awesome for her.

Here's my routine - I apply Benefit Erase Paste in fair under my eyes, Erno Laszlo multi-phase concealer on my blemishes or scars, and then I do a light dusting of pure cornstarch and aloe baby powder to absorb any oilies and set my concealer, then I spray away (4 inches from face). It looks fabulous. I do all my makeup except mascara and lipstick before I spray it - you don't want to mess up your flawless finish! Plus, once it sets, which takes a few minutes, it stays on even my oily skin! Oh, and the blush comes through looking natural and fantastic, as I think someone else mentioned, its like an inner glow. It's so lovely and perfect. Refills are $80, but come with two packets, so it's more like $40. It's still pricey, but its worth every cent. Seriously, this foundation makes me want to work for SKII because it's so amazing. Ugh, so fabulous. Watch the youtube video to see how it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by SKINN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So easy to use. Its perfect. I only wish it had spf too.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2008 1:22:00 PM More reviews by MeredithK02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Where to start? After reading all the reviews here, I had *really* high expectations. I have dry/combo skin that's very sensitive. I've got some redness to cover from rosacea, but no recent breakouts (knock on wood!), so I thought I'd be a pretty good candidate. After checking MUA swatches and reviews, it looked like the OP-1 would be a good match (I'm PPP with pink undertones). I ordered from Saks and waited patiently. When it arrived, I took off all my MU so I could try it right away. Underwhelming. It leaves a nice finish, but even at the recommended 30 seconds the finish was cakey. The shade was a bit too yellow for me, also. I tried like I'd read in another review here, using is sparingly to finish over a light layer of your usual foundation. It looked okay, but didn't wear well and I looked patchy by the end of the day. For $150, it should at least work better than my normal foundation (Shiseido dual balancing). Fortunately, I'd asked Saks about their return policy, and was able to return. I'm glad that I tried, but unfortunately this just wasn't for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2008 8:02:00 PM More reviews by mochi123

After reading the reviews on here and watching the youtube video I was so impressed that i went to bloomingdale's the next day and purchased it. The SA matched me to BP-4 and I am normally an I40 in Shiseido and 200 for Dior's Airflash. So when she tried it on me, my sister and i were completely blown away by its hygenic design. It literally will not go anywhere BUT ON YOUR SKIN (face). The SA sprayed it on her black clothes, nothing showed up, on my hair, nothing either. So impressive =) BUT it's probably not worth $150 + tax.

Pros

1. Completely hygenic and mess free
2. Very even coverage
3. You can't even feel it on your face even when you're applying it (It feels like theres little particles brushing your face)
4. It holds sooo well. When you apply it in the morning, it will hold with the same coverage until you to go to sleep
5.Very quick applications
6. Can really be applied over blush and eyeshadow and wont take away the color power of the es or blush you use. Even eyebrow powders. (Just don't apply anything liquid before the foundation other than concealer for that extra coverage)

Cons

1.Pricey very little product and even the refills are pricey
2. You have to wait a really long time for the foundation to "fit" to your face. Appr 20 mins.
3. The coverage is just too sheer for the first 30 sec application, and its just so expensive to replace if you need a full- medium coverage application every time.
4. You have to drip a large portion of the product out if you don't use the product every day in order to make sure the nozzle is clean and gunk- free. (what a waste!)
5. Very limited variety of colors Good Luck trying to find a color if you aren't asian.

Conclusion:
After applying Shiseido's Mattifying Oil- Free Comapct Foundation, I use the Air touch as a finishiing spray. Instead of getting a matte look from just using the Compact by itself, I get a very even dewy look from the Air touch. Without the need of reapplications throughout the day. The Airtouch holds and seals my foundation, giving it greater staying power with a natural sheen.
By using the Airtouch in this way, I won't have to waste so much of the product, yet I still gain all the benfits of it's staying power and it's fresh and dewy look.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by ow88

I ordered this online brand new and when I tried it, it barely even went on my skin! I felt as though I bought a flawed item but turns out when I talked to the seller it is suppose to act like that. Of course, I bought this because of the raving reviews of it, but also totally unaware of the way it functions (my stupidity in impulse buying). Turns out the mist only sprays like a VERY small section of your face about a thumb size and looks blotchy after. Though I have read other reviews about this item before posting and seems like I am the only one experiencing this problem. Welp anyway there goes 100 bucks down the drain. I chucked it right in the garbage after finding out how lousy this item was.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2008 9:53:00 AM More reviews by BlueStars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I must say that this is the best foundation i have used, but not the best out there.. i'm still looking for that! The best way to review this is detailing the pros and cons of it (i'll skip the details of application procedure becuase i think many people have mentioned it here already).

PROS:

- Very even and non-cakey coverage. I've tried so many high end foundations and probably because of my skin type, all of them seem to cake, no matter how non-cakey the forumula is meant to be.

- Longwearing. The foundation stays on all day without fading.

CONS:

- Takes forever to dry! After applying this, even when applying on a bare face, it takes an hour for it to fully dry before i can touch it. This means it easily smudges if i accidentally touch my face and therefore have to re-do the whole application again since 'touch-up' with this type of foundation doesn't really work.

- Sheer Coverage. I wouldn't say that there cover is as sheer as some reviewers have mentioned as it can be built up, but the most coverage it can provide is medium coverage. You'll have to apply concealer on any dark scars.

- Expensive. I think this is one of th major reasons why some reviewers who haven't had much luck with this point out the most since the benefits might not justify the major cost.

- Limited range of Shades. I think there's a total of 8 shades available but certain shades aren't available in different countries. I use BE2 which is not available here so i have to purchase from the states. FYI i am an NC25, BE2 is best suited for light, yellow-undertoned people. OP3 is also a close match and is suppose to be the most versatile shade for light to medium skintones, but it has a slight pink tone in it.

Nevertheless i still use and will continue to use the Air Touch simply becuase it provides and even coverage and you don't feel like your actually wearing makeup compared to other commercial liquid foundations. It is also very sanitary since you don't need to use brushes and therefore reduce the risk of breakouts from the bacteria of the brushes touching your face.

I am still in search for my HG foundation but for now the SKII Air touch is the closest to it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2008 6:02:00 PM More reviews by skp

Just bought it yesterday, haven't decided whether I'll be investing more in better color match refills from Asia, or returning it to Saks.

First, it's true that coverage is very sheer. So they got me to buy the Signs cream foundation, calling it a primer, but which I think I may like even more than the airtouch. But that's a different review.

On the other hand, it is the most natural light coverage foundation I've eve seen, does much more than any finisher I've ever seen, if we're talking about it as *part* of a foundation solution- seems like one couldn't hope for any better, really.

There are other effects I am ambivalent about-
one person's "dewy" is another person's "shiny." I've been toning down the dewiness in spots with Mac StudioFix.

But it so easy to apply and looks nearly flawless.

Verdict- none yet. But it's so worth trying out for yourself.

EDIT- As much as I do like it, I'm returning it. I just don't want to be this dewy. My face is naturally kind of shiny when clean- not from oil, maybe from exfoliating regularly? I think I prefer a semi-matte kind of finish personally. For this kind of price, it should be exactly what I want. Which is too bad, because it really is a superior effect otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2008 5:20:00 PM More reviews by bettybooplovesmakeup

This is an update from my previous review. I continue to love this foundation. The problem I ran into previously was that the SA recommended the color BP4 for my medium, yellow-toned Asian skin. BP4 looks strikingly pink on my skin, and was too light, so if I over-applied, you could see a ghost-like, greyish-white cast on my face. I'd say it's good for light-to-medium, pink-toned skins. BR6 works best for medium-to-darkish, yellow-toned skins. It has more yellow and orange in it, and looks golden-brown on my skin. It's especially perfect for when I use self-tanner or have a slight tan.

I perused a few reviews below and, in my opinion, people are piling too much on under this. Granted, this foundation is very sheer, so if you have scars and serious discoloration to cover, you will need to first apply concealer. Also, for those who are experiencing uneven coverage, you are probably holding the sprayer too close when applying. You truly do need to hold it about 4" away from your face when you apply and use long, even, slow strokes, or you will get a blotchy application.

I appreciate this most for the skin-softening benefits of Pitera, the luminous, smooth look, and the serious pore-minimization. However, if you need to conceal a lot, then this probably won't work for you.