July 22, 2014 | 1259 users online

Cleansers - Biore - Warming Anti-Blackhead Cream Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2008 10:36:00 AM More reviews by lyri

I got this because it was on sale and because I'm full of blackheads. After using it a few weeks, I wound up breaking out all over my cheeks (which isn't normal at all for me), my blackheads are still there, my face seems oilier and dirtier and my pores are even more clogged up. I will not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2008 5:34:00 PM More reviews by mizz_kay

I'm still undecided on this cleanser. It doesn't heat up for so long but I don't mind that. After the first few times, I just rubbed it in my palms till it cooled down and used it cold. It does an alright cleaning job, i.e. gets rid of oil. I think it also reduced blackheads on my nose after regular use. Also, the consistency is very thick, unlike any other cleanser I've used. You could even squeeze a lot out and use it as a scrub (it has tiny scrubber particles in it). I still use it, but I don't think I will buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2008 7:54:00 PM More reviews by HeyThereDelilah9

this cleanser was somewhere between good and middle of the road. apart from the warming thing it was just like any other acne cleanser: 2% salicylic acid, fruity-smelling, and managed to keep my skin semi-clear with only the occasional pimple. i took off a point cuz the texture was thick, sticky and wouldnt lather/foam at all, and another cuz the warming only lasted a few seconds and didnt do shit in terms of clearing my skin. it wasnt a bad cleanser, but it was just so much like any other cleasner i wont bother buying it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2008 1:16:00 AM More reviews by dragonxbaby

The warm feeling makes you think something is happening but it's sure isn't. It opens your pores. But nothing is coming out it seems I have gotten more blackhead then less. Also your face can't be fully wet. Or it doesn't work the warm feeling. I don't like this product. I have finished this bottle and every time after I use it I have to use a Blemish Extractor to get the blackheads out. So it doesn't work. It's a waste of money. Just take a hot shower and use a Blemish Extractor.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by xPinkStuff

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

At first i was disappointed by this product since i usually adore Biore.But after a while of using it i found that it was actually really good.I agree with the other people saying the *warming* only lasts for 10 seconds.But this product is really good for girls who have oily skin because it really takes all the oil away and makes you're face feel clean after.But you HAVE to moisturize after or you'll end up with really dry skin.It also lasts really long
EDIT: This is the BEST cleanser i have used yet.This will do absolutely nothing for your blackheads but for acne it is amaaaazing.I used to have spots and blemishes everywhere and now I have completely clear skin after using this daily.I think people just expected too much of this product which is why there is so much negative reviews here but honestly try it out if you have acne.Maybe the people who are breaking out from this isn't washing it out properly,since it is a thick product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2008 10:28:00 AM More reviews by velvetgirl

I can't tell if this cleanser is actually doing anything. Like others have said the warming does not last long....but it feels so nice while it does. Everytime I use it I am amazed at how warm it gets -- and then it quickly fades away. I feel like I have to quickly rub it all over my face, before the warming disappears. That brings me to the texture of this cleanser, there are little scrubbies in it nothing major and if you're needing to exfoliate I would grab something else. These scrubbies are not going to wisk too many dead skin cells away, maybe just dry flakes. But sometimes that is all you need. Anyway the texture is very thick, very, very thick and heavy. I have never had a cleanser so thick before, I actually steer clear of them because I can't help but wonder if they add to the problem of clogged pores.? I probably would not buy this cleanser again, I may not even use it all up. I suppose I should give it a few more tries before making up my mind. I will update if it turns out I love it or hate it, for now it's just so so.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2008 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this cleanser! The warming effect is nice, although I'm not sure what the purpose is other than kicks and it doesn't last long. The cleanser is a little sticky but goes on well and smells nice. It leaves my skin soft and smooth. As far as blackheads go, I have noticed a minimized appearance of the blackheads on my nose. Mine are quite stubborn so I'm pleased to see my pores clean up a little! I sometimes spread this cleanser on my face before a hot bath and leave it on for about five minutes. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2007 9:34:00 PM More reviews by mhosler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well, I don't know how good this is at removing blackheads, because all the dermatologists I've talked to have said that nothing short of a super-strong (prescription-only) chemical peel or laser treatments can reach deeply enough to remove blackheads. Having said that, this does help dry up my pimples with the assistance of benzoyl peroxide. There is mild exfoliating activity, not so much you'll damage your face, but enough to get some of those dry flakes of skin that benzoyl peroxide leaves behind. Sigh.... Using one product to counteract the side effects of another.

I have a problem with the odor. It smells like... fish.

The "warming activity" is really only about 2 seconds long once you smear it on your skin. The warmth fades very quickly, and really is just a gimmick. Using warm water is ultimately more effective in warming your face.

UPDATE AFTER 2 MONTHS OF USE: this cleanser, along with the use of benzoyl peroxide, has dried my skin out far too much. I have an oily T-zone with extremely dry flaky cheeks. I have had to switch to an oil-free cleanser that is not specific to acne, and use only one product to treat the acne: benzoyl peroxide spot treatment.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Lkn4Him

this has a nice, thick, creamy consistency that feels good on your skin. It warms up nicely and feels really soothing -- but only for a few seconds. It has a pleasant scent and washes off easily. However, I bought this for the sole purpose of getting rid of blackheads -- which it did not even come close to doing. I won't be getting this again -- instead I found Queene Helene's Mint Julep Masque, which works WAY better on my T-zone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2007 12:32:00 PM More reviews by barberree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is a very lovely, cheap product. it does what it says -- cleanses deeply, warms up and feels great on the skin, and isn't too harsh. i love the creaminess, too. the smell is light and floral with a slightly medicinal undertone. i will buy again. my only gripe is it doesn't STAY warm for long! it feels great for a bit, though.