December 19, 2014 | 1158 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by misseva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an exxelent product. Microfoliant is a product I can't live without. I just bought a second bottle. Exfoliation is a must procedure to keep skin beautiful and glowing. My skin type is kind of problematic because I have a problem with flaking and a proper hydration doesn't help, I need to exfoliate daily . This product is a life saver :
1. It doesn't irritate ( my skin is very delicate )
2.The skin is left glowing and ultra smooth

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by MushroomFace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this scrub because of the rice-based powder and it's ease of accessibility.

My sister uses a scrub with this ingredient and it's excellent but she gets this imported from America, so it is very expensive.

Daily Microfoliant is a white powder which should be mixed with some water to turn it into a paste. You rub this in your face and massage it in for about a minute. Then wash it off. I found it made my skin soft and removed my dry patches from the first use. I have eczema also, but this did not irritate it or bring it out. Bonus.

PROs: It works!

CONs: Pricey and I received staff discount of my friend!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Sured20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was introduced to the Dermalogica line after getting a salon facial. My overall impression of the line in general is that i like it, but I'm not so thrilled with it that I want to pay the expensive price. Ive found less costly products that work just as well. see my reviews if you are curious. The microfoliant is something I'll stick with, despite the $50 one bottle costs. first, i only use it once a week. despite saying daily in its title, unless you have super oily acne prone skin, this is likely too harsh to use every day. It contains salicytic acid which is often used to treat acne due to its exfoliating action. Even using this twice a week seemed to dry my skin too much so Im down to once a week on this and a diff brand mild scrub on another day. The directions are pretty accurate with how much to use. i like to use it at the sink so i can really rub it in and let it sit just a couple moments to make sure it really gets to work on my pores. My skin is very soft and smooth after. I make sure to moisturize to avoid drying. this is one of the best exfoliants out there because it doesnt have the large rough beads many do. people tend to think you need that to exfoliate effectively, but the truth is its smaller particles that get down into the pores and get the cleaning out done. the large beads just remove the surface skin and can cause more irritation.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

It took me a few goes to get the hang of using this but now its fast become an important part of my skincare routine. It's a white powder that you mix with a bit of water to use as an exfoliant. Only a small amount is needed and I rub it in circles all over my face and neck to exfoliate, then leave it on for under a minute and rinse off.

After use, it leaves my skin feeling baby soft and removes any dry patches. I like how its effective but doesn't feel harsh on my acne-prone skin.

Overall, a really great product so I'm happy I bought this in full size and I will continue to repurchase this product from Dermalogica.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I received a sample of this at an event I recently attended. I used it as directed and liked it well enough. Good for everyday use- oatmeal is soothing and the texture provides gentle exfoliation. This is GREAT for absorbing excess oil, too. But $52 for 2.5 ounces? HahahahaNOPE. Not for what the main ingredients are. I prefer to save the big bucks for things that make a huge impact, like IPL or Botox. Dermalogica may want to lynch me after saying this but...
I decided to do an experiment. I looked at the ingredients in this product and decided to try to make my own. I put non-instant oatmeal in a coffee grinder and blended until it was a powdery consistency, then I added brown rice flour and 4 drops of tea tree oil. I don't see the point in adding the other things, such as ginkgo, essential oils, and random things added for consistency purposes; but I guess I could if I wanted to feel fancy. So I prepared my concoction as it says to on the package. Put a teaspoon in the palm and add some water to make a paste, massage into face and leave on a few minutes. The texture isn't as smooth as the Dermalogica, but it feels the same on the face and I got the same results. I keep the product I make in a glass storage container and can use as much as I want. I don't have to be frugal with the amount either. I can make a darn close replica this (even with Ginkgo and essential oils) for less than a tenth of the price.
Edit: If you hesitate to make it yourself because you don't have the "papain enzyme and salicylic acid" to add- be reminded this is a product you wash off after a few minutes- do the ingredients really have a lot of time to sink in to do any good anyway? Take your money and invest in a good face cream.

17 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

I use Dermalogica's Daily microfoliant is a scrub a few times a week rather than an everyday cleanser. So far i have noticed a great improvement in my skin complexion. My skin feels smoother, it is very gentle, and has reduced pore size. When i first started using it i noticed a few pimples forming along my cheek area. I think this was from the exfoliating process removing dead skin cells and bacteria that is deep down in the pores. After the first week i did not experience and other breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by HoneyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this and i love how its a rice based forumla, it smells really great and takes the dead cells off the skin without drying it out, the only con to this is that its quite messy and even though you think youve out enough powder in your hands it turns more into a face wash than a scrub, you really have to get a nice palm full for a good scrub, over all a great product and it cleared my skin nicely, it is a bit pricey though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I love this product. This is a dry product so it can make a mess but works great as a gentle wash or scrub depending on how moist you make it.

I only use a little at a time because it can have some grit to it. If it is too harsh for you, add more water. It keeps my skin clear and really cleanses it well without causing over drying.

If you use this sparingly, it can last up to 4-6 months. Highly recommend as this is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by fictionalize

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the most skin-changing product I've ever used, and I've used lots. My skin is dehydrated but very congested and acne-prone, and I have a lot of hyperpigmentation and some shallow but extensive acne scarring. I've been using this product for about two months now, and people have been commenting on how good my skin looks! This has never ever happened to me. I use it every two or three days, not every day, as my skin is also very sensitive. My skin looks bright, healthy, and clean, my hyperpigmentation has lightened significantly, I get less acne and the acne I do get clears up faster. Yes, it's an expensive product, but a little goes a very long way--I got a travel-sized container and it is still about 1/3 to half full. I just bought a large size as I got a discount at Dermalogica, and I would recommend it to everyone. Amazing, amazing product.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by lovetheweb

I don't have many holy grail products, but this is one of them. And to those scared off by the info on the bottle from Dermalogica that those using medical exfoliants shouldn't use this product -- I do and I do. In fact, this gentle scrub takes off the dead cells that it seems my retinoids loosen, but do not remove. Without Daily Microfoliant, my skin is rough and has more issues like comedones. I couldn't use a Clarisonic even every other day, but I use this scrub every 1-2 days with very good results.