November 27, 2014 | 1432 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Moisture Rich foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by chaosgreeneyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've searched for a good moisturizing foundation for cool winter months and bought this... Waisted money! No moisture but lots of shine on T-zone. Greasy, very thick and unpleasant, feels like dirt really. I usually love Bobbi's foundations for their pale colors, but it's not the case. Had to switch to their Luminous foundation and that was exactly what I was searching for.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by hummingbird5

After many years and much wandering, I must now award Moisture Rich HG status. I've tried them all, including the legendary (for mature skin) Chanels and Armanis, ultimately rejected them all, and have returned to Moisture Rich, repeatedly. True medium coverage, never cakey or matte, but also not uber-"dewy." I find the new *just like skin* foundations don't deliver what they promise. This, on the other hand, gives excellent yet natural coverage, never, ever looks cakey or clings to dry patches - not even at the end of the day - and enlivens my complexion without reflective particles. Absolutely love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Katie75007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Moisture Rich is one of my favorite foundations; my skin tends to be dry, so this particular formula really works for me. I apply it with a sponge, or my fingers.

The only issue that I have is this: Moisture Rich is said to be a medium-to-full coverage foundation, but on me, the coverage is definitely sheer -- which is fine with me, but if you prefer medium-to-full coverage in a foundation, you may be disappointed in this particular formula. It absorbs into my skin and never looks cakey, dry or thick. I don't normally like any fragrance my foundation, but the way this one smells does not bother me at all -- it just smells fresh and clean.

My skin is approximately NW5-10 (NARS Siberia), so Alabaster (00) works best -- however, I will note that Alabaster in this foundation and in the Luminous Moisture foundation runs a bit darker than in the Skin Foundation and the Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by ninabegum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

EDIT:// My new HG is MAC Face & Body. I find it more natural looking for every day wear. I only use Moisture Rich when I want more coverage or for special occasions :)

This has been my HG foundation for well over a year now. I love everything about it! I have very dry skin that needs a considerable amount of moisturising before I apply make-up, especially during winter! It doesn't dry me out at all, gives me a luminous glow and stays on throughout the day without me having to re-apply. My advice is if you have oily skin, then this is NOT for you. My skin is super sensitive too, not to mention I do break out in eczema from time to time, and I've never broken out from this. It has sheer/medium coverage which is also buildable. I like my foundation to look natural even if I do have it on all over and I get compliments every time I wear this on how glowy and refreshed my skin looks. I'm using warm natural, 4.5 and I have yellow undertones so this is perfect for my skin.
Will re-purchase this over and over again. So much so, that I actually don't want to try any other foundation!
Dry skin gals, TRY THIS! You can't go wrong combined with a good moisturiser :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by XanthBlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Goes on really smoothly, looks like my skins really even and almost looks like im not wearing any foundation, didnt make me breakout whereas mac and clinique would always give me a spot or two. Also it doesnt cause little flakey bits on the side of my nose like other foundations do :)

It feels light on my skin also, it is very expensive tho, but its the best foundation ive tried so far!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by kristi383

have been using this product for a while, but have found it too 'heavy' and greasy even though i have dry skin.
it doesn't seem to have much coverage for me either.
it's very pricy as well, though the product will last quite a while.

don't think i would be buying this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Jen8787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried to like this foundation but I won't buy this again. Even after my face is moisturized, this foundation completely dries up my face, and it lasts like 3 hours. The coverage is light to medium. I'm Asian, but I have lighter skin, so I use 00. This foundation will be too yellow for Caucasians.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Ally18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation because firstly it matches my pale skin perfectly I have it in the shade porcelain. Its great because the coverage is light which is what I like it doesn't feel heavy and blends beautifully into the skin its pretty much impossible to apply it badly. Wouldn't recommend if you like full coverage because it is very light.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am surprised by the poor reviews on this product. I have very dry skin and pale complexion. I struggle to find the right colour, not to say the colour + a moisturising foundation! This has resolved the issue. It is very light (just a tad more than a TM), but it leaves my skin really happy. It does not last all day and has a strange smell (hence 4 lippies) but it does the job. I have never found a foundation that lasts all day (and I cannot use long lasting as they are not for dry skins!), the cpolour in porcelain is right for me and along with Calipso Coral on my cheecks it does the trick.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by bbsparx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i'm kind of ambivalent to this. and imo for the money i'm spending, i should love it. i've heard so much about Bobbi's foundations and this is my first of hers.

starting with the bottle, it's classic. it's not gaudy or showy, but it always looks classy on my dresser.
when opened, however, the foundation does smell a bit...well, it's not necessarily a -bad- smell...but it's not pleasant. a bit like paint or something.

i apply with a mac 187. stipple and swirl. once blended in, it's a lovely foundation. it's a bit orange, but that's to the fault of the over done sales girl working the counter at Macys.

my biggest problem is how my blushes, bronzers, etc. blend on this foundation. it's heinous.

I have a lot of redness, dryness...especially in winter. so this does cover all that well, smoothly. however, i wouldn't repurchase. i'm certainly happy i've tried a bobbi brown foundation, though. i wouldn't discourage my friends from trying. so at least try it!