Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich foundation

3.6

water, cyclomethicone, phenyl trimethicone, butylene glycol, dimethicone, dimethicone copolyol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, octyl methoxycinnamate, isocetyl alcohol, isohexadecane, wheat germ glycerides, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, jojoba oil, hydrogenated lecithin, whey protein, sodium hyaluronate, ascorbyl palmitate, lavender, triethyl citrate, cholesterol, linoleic acid, propylene carbonate, sorbitan stearate, dimethicone copolyol crosspolymer, quaternium-18 hectorite, HDI/trimethyol hexyllactone crosspolymer, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, laureth-7, xanthan gum, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triclosan, chloroxylenol, BHT, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica.

on 5/8/2011 10:40:00 AM

A lovely swapper sent me three BB foundation samples- Skin Foundaton, Luminous Moisturising and Moisture Rich Foundation. The first two felt 'tight' on the skin, whereas the Moisture Rich didn't. I have normal/dry skin and foundation always seem to oxidise on me. This one doesn't. The shade I use is Warm Ivory. It's flawless, comfortable, stays put and has a lovely consistency.

on 4/3/2011 1:06:00 PM

I'm a BB loyalist so probably it's not too surprising that I really like this fdtn. I used to use the oil-free but that's been discontinued, so bought this in my usual shade Warm Ivory (which is my perfect match). I apply after my moisturizer has had time to settle in, starting w/ fingers and then using a damp sponge to even out, then matching Foundation Stick applied w/ a brush on any trouble spots, let it settle for 5 min or so, then apply pressed powder w/ a puff, then lightly brush off excess powder. I get at very least 6 hours, usually all day coverage, this way. I was worried it would be too oily or creamy and slide right off my face (I overheat easily), but for something with 'moisture rich' in the title it doesn't feel hyper-creamy. To me it feels very, very lightweight. I wouldn't call it full coverage, but more like medium. IOW, it's good for a natural look that evens out tone and smooths out minor problems without looking too 'done'.

on 4/1/2011 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had a sample of this and a sample of the Luminous foundation which I wanted to use for cold weather. Neither were great in my opinion but the Moisture Rich was better than the Luminous since the Luminous was greasy (I have normal skin). I went with the stick foundation to fill this need instead on top of a heavy dose of CeraVe PM moisturizer. Neither product has a sunscreen so you have to add that in. My usual is the BB Skin Foundation because of its natural finish.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I've searched for a good moisturizing foundation for cool winter months and bought this... Waisted money! No moisture but lots of shine on T-zone. Greasy, very thick and unpleasant, feels like dirt really. I usually love Bobbi's foundations for their pale colors, but it's not the case. Had to switch to their Luminous foundation and that was exactly what I was searching for.

on 3/28/2011 4:37:00 PM

After many years and much wandering, I must now award Moisture Rich HG status. I've tried them all, including the legendary (for mature skin) Chanels and Armanis, ultimately rejected them all, and have returned to Moisture Rich, repeatedly. True medium coverage, never cakey or matte, but also not uber-"dewy." I find the new *just like skin* foundations don't deliver what they promise. This, on the other hand, gives excellent yet natural coverage, never, ever looks cakey or clings to dry patches - not even at the end of the day - and enlivens my complexion without reflective particles. Absolutely love it.

on 3/8/2011 1:38:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Moisture Rich is one of my favorite foundations; my skin tends to be dry, so this particular formula really works for me. I apply it with a sponge, or my fingers.

The only issue that I have is this: Moisture Rich is said to be a medium-to-full coverage foundation, but on me, the coverage is definitely sheer -- which is fine with me, but if you prefer medium-to-full coverage in a foundation, you may be disappointed in this particular formula. It absorbs into my skin and never looks cakey, dry or thick. I don't normally like any fragrance my foundation, but the way this one smells does not bother me at all -- it just smells fresh and clean.

My skin is approximately NW5-10 (NARS Siberia), so Alabaster (00) works best -- however, I will note that Alabaster in this foundation and in the Luminous Moisture foundation runs a bit darker than in the Skin Foundation and the Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation.

on 2/22/2011 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

EDIT:// My new HG is MAC Face & Body. I find it more natural looking for every day wear. I only use Moisture Rich when I want more coverage or for special occasions :)

This has been my HG foundation for well over a year now. I love everything about it! I have very dry skin that needs a considerable amount of moisturising before I apply make-up, especially during winter! It doesn't dry me out at all, gives me a luminous glow and stays on throughout the day without me having to re-apply. My advice is if you have oily skin, then this is NOT for you. My skin is super sensitive too, not to mention I do break out in eczema from time to time, and I've never broken out from this. It has sheer/medium coverage which is also buildable. I like my foundation to look natural even if I do have it on all over and I get compliments every time I wear this on how glowy and refreshed my skin looks. I'm using warm natural, 4.5 and I have yellow undertones so this is perfect for my skin.
Will re-purchase this over and over again. So much so, that I actually don't want to try any other foundation!
Dry skin gals, TRY THIS! You can't go wrong combined with a good moisturiser :)

on 2/18/2011 7:38:00 PM

Goes on really smoothly, looks like my skins really even and almost looks like im not wearing any foundation, didnt make me breakout whereas mac and clinique would always give me a spot or two. Also it doesnt cause little flakey bits on the side of my nose like other foundations do :)

It feels light on my skin also, it is very expensive tho, but its the best foundation ive tried so far!

on 1/31/2011 8:40:00 AM

have been using this product for a while, but have found it too 'heavy' and greasy even though i have dry skin.
it doesn't seem to have much coverage for me either.
it's very pricy as well, though the product will last quite a while.

don't think i would be buying this product again.

on 1/28/2011 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I tried to like this foundation but I won't buy this again. Even after my face is moisturized, this foundation completely dries up my face, and it lasts like 3 hours. The coverage is light to medium. I'm Asian, but I have lighter skin, so I use 00. This foundation will be too yellow for Caucasians.