Aura Cacia Grapeseed Oil

4.3

Grape Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate

on 4/15/2009 1:22:00 AM

I use this oil to clean off my mascara and eyeliner and it does a great job of that. It also dissolves foundation and allows it to be gently wiped away with a soft washcloth. As a general facial cleanser, it doesn't break me out after three weeks of use, but I don't know how much cleansing action it is actually providing. I do like how my face isn't tight after cleaning and seems to rinse off in warm water fairly well (face isn't oily). I don't like the weird squirt bubble packaging. It dispenses oil with some pressure on the bottle, but the flow is very hard to control and I often end up with too much. I would prefer either a pour spout or a dropper. Will repurchase because it is really cheap and does an excellent job of removing eye makeup.

on 4/1/2009 7:52:00 AM

WONDERFUL PRODUCT!!!! I've been using this oil as my moisterizer for about 4 months, and I must say it's not only made my skin glow, but my fine lines are practically gone! I was terrified about putting this on my face, but I'm so happy I did. I've also noticed fewer and fewer blackheads on my nose!!! WILL NEVER STOP USING THIS!!!! You must try it. I find it at Whole Foods.

on 2/20/2009 2:32:00 PM

Oh wow,I LOVE this stuff.I use it..mixed with almond oil..as a nightly serum under my moisturiser and the results are amazing.My skin glows,my lines are fading and my skin looks flawless which at 41 is wonderful.Its worth a try if your skin is dull cos it really does brighten it up.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a wonderful light easily absorbing oil that is very good to my combination sensitive skin especially during the daytime as its absorbs so well and really gives you a luminous glow. No breakouts no irritation, softens wrinkles- brightens my face. I have thrown away all store brand face moisturizers in favor of this totally natural gem along with several other oils I like. Overall I would highly recommend this to anyone with oily or combo skin as it is moisturizing and still has slight astringent properties to it. With continued use I have found that I like it best for my nose, cheeks and chin,and as a night time eyelid treatment as it has firming properties that are quite obvious in the morning. Under the eyes and on my forehead I prefer other oils as I am no youngster and need more moisture there. Buy amber glass bottles with droppers as the oil holds up better and is easier to use that way.

on 1/8/2009 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Edited: mix in some emulsifer to make a great cleansing oil (I use cromollient from GoW). Maybe it's due to the vitamin e, but I do not find this grapeseed oil to be drying at all, in fact when mixed w/emulsifier it's less drying than most commercially prepared cleansing oils I've tried.
This review is for the Auria Cacia Grapeseed Oil (which also contains vitamin E). I use this all around my eyes to remove sunscreen and/or concealer. Cleansing oils were making my undereye area too dehydrated and this stuff has been great, leaving the area moisturized rather than dehydrated.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is AMAZING...
I miss it with Jajoba Oil sometimes and sometimes I just use it alone as a cleanser and moiturizer. I cant tell you enough how much my skin loves the oil and in the morning I have a glowing suple face.. and I wish that I could use the oil as a day moisturizer also.. but I dont think it will work.

I mix the two oils before getting into the shower and let the steam do its magic.. then I use a light scrub to exfoliate and wash off.. my skin is loving it. I have been using the oils together for about 4 months now and it has honestly made such a difference in my (used to be oily skin) now normal skin! I will always have a bottle on hand!

on 12/16/2008 10:07:00 PM

im using grapeseed oil that i grabbed on supermarket shelf. i use this as a mkup remover and it doesnt cause me breakouts like olive oil or DHC cleansing oil (which will occur if i continue using them for a few days). it does a good job removing everything. however, i like baby oil better. this is greasier somehow & i can see this will cause break out on some skin types.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is a godsend for me. When I apply it before bed, my skin feels firm, smooth, and moisturized. It never stings my face like creamy moisturizers often do, and it doesn't make my face dry and flaky like jojoba oil did. It's also noncomedogenic, and contains a lot of antioxidants. I've even been able to start using a strong retinoid -- differin always left my face a flaky, oversensitive mess in the past, but I recently started using it again and applying a bit of this oil under the Differin cream. Somehow the grapeseed oil reduces the irritation so I've had almost no irritation from the Differin! (In the past I've buffered with moisturizer and with jojoba oil, and still had too much irritation with both). I was worried that it wouldn't work well as a cleanser because it feels a lot thicker than jojoba or olive oils, but it seems to dissolve my waterproof (and cleanser-proof) makeup and sunscreen and my face is left completely clean when I use this as a pre-cleanse and then a foaming cleanser. My only complaint is that it's hard to get just a little oil out of the bottle, though the design does prevent leakage.

on 11/15/2008 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I like this as a makeup remover and also a moisturizer. It's light, not too greasy, plus it soaks into your skin instead of sitting on top. I apply it all over my face, lay a warm washcloth over for a minute and rinse off. I don't use a soap cleanser afterwards if my skin has dry patches but I will in the summertime when my skin is oilier.

on 10/31/2008 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is for any Grapeseed Oil (cold-pressed is impossible to find and I've read on more than one aromatherapy website that it's actually impossible to cold press the seed as it is too small, so don't waste your money)
I get this in jug size at Culpepers, online at Quinessence or Absolute Aromas at my local health food store. I mix it 1:1 with Macadamia Nut oil for an wonderful all over moisturiser. It's amazing when I get out of the shower! I also mix Grapeseed with Macadamia Nut oil and Jojoba for use in the shower to mix with liquid soap to make it gentler and makes a great shave cream.

I used to describe my facial skin as dehydrated yet oily, clog-prone, ultra-sensitive Rosacea/Dermatitis-prone. Now, it's just soft and normal. So, I've essentially fixed my skin. There are other factors such as diet and vitamin supplements, but how I cleanse my face is an extremely important aspect:

I slather Grapeseed oil on my face and neck before getting in the shower. It keeps the tap water off my face but the heat of the steam opens my pores. When I get out, I gently wipe the oil and moisture off my face with the soft side of a cotton wool pad. I then massage a tablespoon of Grapeseed oil on my face and neck. Then I spritz Spring drinking water (Volvic) on 3 cotton wool pads until they are not drenched but quite moist (12 sprays from a small spray bottle on each) and wipe the oil off my face and neck. I spritz with the water and pat around with my fingers to tone and then moisturise with Bee Yummy Skin Food.

At night, I remove my eye makeup then slather Grapeseed oil on my face and neck; alternate between holding my hands on my face to just warm the oil and gently massaging for about 1-2 minutes. Then remove the oil with cotton wool pads as in the morning. Tone with water and then moisturise with Bee Yummy Skin Food.

For 3 months my skin has been getting better and better until now. I'm very happy with my skin now, so much so that I can walk across the street to the grocery store without makeup if I'm out of something for breakfast. It's been ages since I could do that! Grapeseed in an amazing cleanser.