October 23, 2014 | 1975 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love using organic Greek yogurt as a beauty essential! This stuff makes an awesome deep conditioner for your hair and a must have for your face. I love this and its soo affordable and natural. When I deep condition my kinky hair, it literally melts my tangles apart. The only con is that if you don't wash your hair with shampoo after you rinse it out it will smell awful. But I will keep purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Msadiq

Its pretty goood!
It makes my skin feel much softer and brighter after the first use :D im definitely going to use it everyweek!
I just wouldnt recommend using it everyday otherwise our skin will get used to it and itll lose its effectiveness so once a week is the best :D
alternate between oatmeal and yoghurt!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by MitaUd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to have inflamed cysts on my face (mostly cheeks)but managed to get rid of the inflamation after going for a facial...However, a month later, it all came back and after a while, it got worse.So I stopped cleansing my face as much (minimum once a day though)and threw out my toner and decided to opt for something more natural as most skin care products didnt seem to have any long lasting effects on my skin. Tried this yogurt mask eventually and it was fantastic! My scars are now significantly lighter and I only get one or two pimples whenever my skin breaks out. Seems to work for oily acne prone skin like mine, I guess:).I now use this on alternate days with a bit of lemon juice and cinnamon powder. Using a green tea bag as a toner now and then seem to also help.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 7:15:00 AM More reviews by missroro

I always had really good skin to start with. Only got pimples for about 3 months when I was 13. Apart from that, my skin was always clear.

When I turned 19, my skin flipped out for no reason and I started getting small bumps on my forehead which later transformed into big red pimples. This pimples then spread down to my chin and around my nose (basically, all around my t-zone).

I thought maybe this was due to clogged pores since my t-zone was always oilier than my cheeks. So I went crazy with clay masks, desperately trying to pull out all the impurities that were on my skin but to no avail. In fact, they made my skin irritated and red. I decided to then try out benzoyl peroxide which not only made my skin extremely dry and painful but my pimples also seemed to get worse.

Desperate, I googled natural acne "cures" and saw yogurt come up. I decided, why not? I usually don't eat yogurt at all so I went out and bought a small container of natural tub set yogurt (Paul's Natural Yogurt 200ml -- in case anyone wants to know). I applied the yogurt all over my face after I cleansed my skin at night and waited for it to dry completely (takes about 1 hour for me). I washed my face after the mask dried and saw no noticeable difference but hey, it was my first time. I went to bed and when I woke up the next morning, my skin looked less irritated, some pimples even looked smaller. The difference was minimal but I was quite sure it was working. So, I kept at it for a whole week to see how my skin would pan out. Within a week, my skin has calmed down A WHOLE LOT, and my pimples are definitely much smaller.

To anyone considering a yogurt mask, I would recommend trying it out. Yogurt is dirt cheap so you really have nothing much to lose. I will say though, yogurt will probably take a long time to have any "real" effect on your skin but for me, as long as it didn't irritate my skin any further/didn't burn a hole in my pocket, I was willing to wait.

P.S. Yogurt does leave a film on your face after washing it off but I realise that my skin looks better if I just leave it as is in the morning, as opposed to trying to remove it with my toner. But I can understand how some might find that irritating. I also have started using yogurt as my morning cleanser and it makes my skin really nice and soft :)

---

Update (16th March 2013):
My skin got really nice again! After sticking to yogurt for about a month, applying it every night, all my acne cleared up. Because I was so happy with this result, I decided that it would be okay to try out other masks straight away. 2 weeks later, my acne started coming back so I'm back to using just yogurt again. It has been 3 nights in a row and my skin is slowly (but surely) starting to clear again. Note to self: always stick with yogurt and if I want to experiment with different masks, do it REALLY slowly.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Glamgirly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I find that ANY change, improvement, response or outcome with skin TAKES TIME and sometimes more time than we impatient and instant-gratification-seeking gals like. I use plain, full-fat yogurt on my face several times a week. I wet my face, pat it with a washcloth and slap on a full mask of yogurt. Sometimes I let it dry completely before rinsing, sometimes I use it as a cleanser and wash it off right away. Is my 30s skin perfect, without any pores and fashion-mag flawless--NO. I have a few light freckles and some VERY, VERY FINE lines around my mouth and eyes (no one else can see them BUT I CAN!). I don't look like a photoshopped Nivea ad. What I can say YES to, is that the freckles are getting lighter, the pores smaller and the fine lines duller. Does yogurt reverse the signs of aging? I don't know. But I do know that my skin looks better and is improving because the yogurt is helping it stay in better condition. Also, it looks bright and healthy. Remember, it takes years and years for freckles, dullness, roughness, lines, spots, etc. to emerge on your face, so it is unrealistic to expect anything to work in hours, days, weeks or months. Give yogurt a good 6 months of consistent weekly use before you decide it's not working. My skin was not bad to begin with but I feel 100% that yogurt has made a NOTABLE difference in its vibrancy, clarity and texture. I promise, if you just make it a mindless routine, where you use it as a mask or cleanser every day (or however you want to use it), you will be very pleased with the long-term results. I didn't really notice major changes until 5-6 months after I started using it. Try it, you'll like it! At worst, it can work as a chemical-free cleanser.

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by sarahalden79

I love using yogurt masks! I find it gentle yet it leaves my skin so moisturized and fresh. Lately I've been into mixing full fat greek yogurt, honey and ground up oats, leave until dry and rinse off. It does wonders!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Eh...not really a fan of yogurt masks. I find that it leaves my skin feeling super nice for about...10 minutes and then its like I never even used it. I have tried greek yogurt, regular yogurt, fat free, not fat free and I find that there is literally no difference. Maybe it just doesn't help because I have super dry skin but not really digging it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by risathompson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When my friend asked me what is my beauty secret, I was reluctant to share that it's yogurt. Yup, not some fancy-pantsy product you find the department store, or some exotic concoction hail from Asia, but it's just the simple run-of-the-mill yogurt. Yogurt has lactic acid which is a mild form of aha. Since i'm too chicken to try real aha, i figure yogurt should be gentle and effective enough, and it is. I use the full-fat yogurt and add in some rice flour (for extra mild exfoliating action) or ground oatmeal to make the yogurt paste thick enough. Other time, i use greek yogurt that already has a thick consistency. I generous slab it on with my plastic brush evenly and thick. Do something else for 30 minutes while letting the magic happen. What prevail is brighter, glowing complexion. Now all my girlfriends/ housemates are addicted to doing the yogurt mask so we always have yogurt mask session together every couple days.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by maggi27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone skin with slightly enlarged pores in my t-zone, and a plain yoghurt mask does wonders for my face. I use the plain low fat variety and apply one teaspoon. Keeping it on for an hour has the desired effects of calming inflammation, gently exfoliating acne (lactic acid) and plumping tired skin.

You can put it on zits/pimples for extended periods of time and it will bring the blemish to a head for sure, while minimizing scarring.

I now use this mask in conjunction with other cleansing/moisturizing treatments, maybe once or twice a week. Works well on my hair too, strengthening and straightening my wavy, frizz-prone hair (15 mins will do the trick).

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I've been mixing plain Greek yogurt with powdered white clay and using that as a mask (one tbsp. yougurt to one tsp. white clay, applied in a very thick layer and leave on for 1/2 hour or more). It gives great results- hydrated, glowy skin with fewer imperfections. I've also found that this helps calm any inflammation, red or weather affected skin, pimples, etc. Sometimes I'll also throw in a few uncoated aspirins, which I've noticed works very well to keep blackheads in check. Using this mask 1-2 times per week has made a nice difference in the condition of my skin this winter, and I'm pleasantly surprised. I'll continue to mix this up as a mask, the results have been great.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No