Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder

4.6

Talc, Polyethylene, Nylon-12, PTFE, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 10/21/2009 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

As I have said before, I usually overlook what is right in front of me... and speaking to someone about contouring now that MAC has the Dsuqared collection out, I re-discovered my KA Sculpting powder.

This is a dark looking powder in the pan. It applies much lighter and so so smooth. The quality of sculpting is amazing and you can really re-define your face with it. I use this product for night because I don't wear much contouring for day and when I do, I use the Sculpt/Accentuate from MAC. But this product is hands down the Sculpting winner.

It is not cheap -- but a very small amount well applied and buffed will give you the most amazing sculpted face.

I love this product and will re-purchase.

on 7/15/2009 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This powder is amazing! I'm a PPP blonde with light eyes and at first glance this powder looks like it would be way too dark and muddy, but after reading the reviews and trying it at Sephora, I took the plunge. Like a previous reviewer, I've tried bronzers and brown-toned blushers to try to get that contoured look, but they usually turned out to be too orangy or too shimmery to use as a shader. Armani has a great brown bronzer, but it's too shiny to use as anything except what it was intended for. The KA sculpting powder is the perfect matte brown color for shading under the cheekbones. Not only that, it is incredibly easy to use! I thought I'd really have to work at it - especially since it's packaged with a sponge, which I thought was strange, but the sponge actually lays the color down in one place without disbursing all over the place like a brush would and then I use the sponge to buff it out and diffuse the edges. It takes me only a minute and I swear it's fool proof. This is my fifth KA product (I also have the airbrush foundation, the creme eyeliner, e/s palette #6 and the rouge hommage lipstick) and every one of them is a winner. I can't believe this line isn't carried in high end department stores since the quality and the packaging (not to mention the prices!) rival any of the designer lines I've tried. I'll probably by the loose powder and the blush next. God bless Kevyn Aucoin.

on 6/30/2009 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have been searching for the perfect powder to contour for YEARS. I had used all kinds of bronzers and even a BE shading powder that wasn't too bad. I went to Sephora for a little retail therapy and there it was! No shimmer or sparkle. Very sheer. Looks totally natural on my NW 20 skin. I just did the hollows of my cheeks and it too about 4 seconds. This is definitely my HG sculpting powder!

on 1/19/2009 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The best powder I've come across for contouring the face. Shade is very similar to MAC Emote, but the KA looks a little more natural. The colour is very dark and scary in the pan, but you don't have to be as careful as you think, once it's on the face it's not as pigmented or as dark as it looks in the pan. I will definately repurchase when I run out, which won't be for a long long long time.

on 11/9/2008 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Kevyn Aucoin's Sculpting Powder is truely remarkable. This is my first sculpting powder and Kevyn Aucoin. The price is somewhat steep at around $42. Although, I have been using the "Sculpting Powder" nearly everyday since I received it in the mail. It took me alittle time in figuring out how to use it forexample, as to where to place the product, with what tool, and how much. But if you do buy it you will find out that you will only need the tiniest amount to achieve your sculpted look. So far I have been using my 227 brush for applying the product on my nose followed with an angled blush brush for blending.

on 3/29/2008 10:27:00 AM

I opened my box and saw this icky brown/red powder. "They sent the wrong thing! I ordered a blush!" I wondered who would buy this horrid stuff. Then I read the reviews, and decided to put my hasty return message on hold and give it a try. It's fabulous! What a divine accident! It's the scariest dark brown/red powder, but if you brush the tiniest bit on, you get perfect cheekbones. Love, love, love. (And I'm convinced that I'm not using it right, so I'm going to read Kevyn's book. I could look even more fabulous.)

on 11/3/2007 10:17:00 PM

I love this sculpting powder. You really can use it to contour and will not look orangey like you would if you apply a bronzer. I used to try and contour with bronzers and it was a disaster. You can still do a light blush in the apples of the cheeks. I use Kevyn's book as a guide for how to do the contouring and it always works out. I don't use this everyday, but I do use it for special occassions or when I know I will be photograhped. Really does make a difference. It will last a long time, so for me it was worth the money.

on 6/27/2007 6:45:00 AM

It is hard to find the right product for shading as many beauty brands simply use darker shades of foundation for that purpose. When I was first informed about this product, I just knew I had to have it in my make up collection. The results? Perfect subtle brown colour and not the orangy brown that I have experience with Chanel, MAC, Shiseido, smashbox! After using this product, I can finally appreciate the use of shading to enhance my contours and be a little more photogenic in school photographs!LOL!

on 9/12/2006 4:59:00 PM

I put this in the bronzer category, although is is quite different from a regular bronzer.
This is a matte powder, quite a dark brown in the pan. This is used as a sculpting powder, (thus the name, lol!).
I am a PPP, I have this in Medium. (not sure how many shades are available though).
This gives a nice look, not dirty. I use a light hand and it is quite subtle, not over the top.
Nice product if you have the extra time.

Popular Bronzers