Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder

4.6

Talc, Polyethylene, Nylon-12, PTFE, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 1/19/2009 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The best powder I've come across for contouring the face. Shade is very similar to MAC Emote, but the KA looks a little more natural. The colour is very dark and scary in the pan, but you don't have to be as careful as you think, once it's on the face it's not as pigmented or as dark as it looks in the pan. I will definately repurchase when I run out, which won't be for a long long long time.

on 11/9/2008 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Kevyn Aucoin's Sculpting Powder is truely remarkable. This is my first sculpting powder and Kevyn Aucoin. The price is somewhat steep at around $42. Although, I have been using the "Sculpting Powder" nearly everyday since I received it in the mail. It took me alittle time in figuring out how to use it forexample, as to where to place the product, with what tool, and how much. But if you do buy it you will find out that you will only need the tiniest amount to achieve your sculpted look. So far I have been using my 227 brush for applying the product on my nose followed with an angled blush brush for blending.

on 3/29/2008 10:27:00 AM

I opened my box and saw this icky brown/red powder. "They sent the wrong thing! I ordered a blush!" I wondered who would buy this horrid stuff. Then I read the reviews, and decided to put my hasty return message on hold and give it a try. It's fabulous! What a divine accident! It's the scariest dark brown/red powder, but if you brush the tiniest bit on, you get perfect cheekbones. Love, love, love. (And I'm convinced that I'm not using it right, so I'm going to read Kevyn's book. I could look even more fabulous.)

on 11/3/2007 10:17:00 PM

I love this sculpting powder. You really can use it to contour and will not look orangey like you would if you apply a bronzer. I used to try and contour with bronzers and it was a disaster. You can still do a light blush in the apples of the cheeks. I use Kevyn's book as a guide for how to do the contouring and it always works out. I don't use this everyday, but I do use it for special occassions or when I know I will be photograhped. Really does make a difference. It will last a long time, so for me it was worth the money.

on 6/27/2007 6:45:00 AM

It is hard to find the right product for shading as many beauty brands simply use darker shades of foundation for that purpose. When I was first informed about this product, I just knew I had to have it in my make up collection. The results? Perfect subtle brown colour and not the orangy brown that I have experience with Chanel, MAC, Shiseido, smashbox! After using this product, I can finally appreciate the use of shading to enhance my contours and be a little more photogenic in school photographs!LOL!

on 9/12/2006 4:59:00 PM

I put this in the bronzer category, although is is quite different from a regular bronzer.
This is a matte powder, quite a dark brown in the pan. This is used as a sculpting powder, (thus the name, lol!).
I am a PPP, I have this in Medium. (not sure how many shades are available though).
This gives a nice look, not dirty. I use a light hand and it is quite subtle, not over the top.
Nice product if you have the extra time.

Popular Bronzers