October 24, 2014 | 1406 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - More Moisture Raspberry and Brazil Nut Shampoo [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by b_u_t_girl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE it! My sister tried it and loved it too, so I bought some. I have fine, thick, color-treated hair and our water is softened. A little bit of this stuff goes a long way, plus I use 1/4 of the amount of conditioner I would normally use after shampooing with any other SLS product. My hair is shiny and has so much more body to it now. The people complaining of the "crispyness" is because shampoo's with SLS and other additives coat the hair... That's why I have so much body and bounce. The other thing I noticed is that I wake up with gorgeous looking hair and don't have to shampoo everyday. Both of my teenaged daughters have used this and LOVE it too! This is so worth the 8 bucks. I don't care for the fragrance either, but since I use a different conditioner and hairspray... well... who cares! lol!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2007 3:53:00 PM More reviews by ivana4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo, it's amazing. From time to time I let myself to be pushed into buying non-natural shampoos (come on, the rich lather and lovely fragrances are very luxurious), but after a while my hair starts to suffer. I have thick hair which is prone to split ends. It's very long, therefore I have a problem with oily scalp and dry ends. I don't blow dry it, nor do I use any heat-styling tools (very rarely I use a straightening iron). But it gets damaged nevertheless. The things that always save it are regular trims and natural shampoos. I love Druide organic shampoos, but this new line from Burt's Bees is even better (and cheaper). I actually like the scent very much, it's subtle and fresh. Even my boyfriend liked it on his hair and he is very picky. Of course the lather is not going to be as rich as with normal shampoos, but what do you expect? There are no chemicals in it. Only good stuff for your hair and your scalp. My hair is very shiny, healthy looking and incredibly soft after using this. I always leave both the shampoo and conditioner (separately of course) on my hair for a few minutes, as a kind of a treatment, let them work their magic. You have to rinse thoroughly and let it dry naturaly. If your hair is fried from frequent coloring and blowdrying, don't expect any shampoo to save it. I am certainly going to repurchase this shampoo (and others from Burt's Bees new line) again and again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2007 3:36:00 PM More reviews by ratgirldjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i did not like this at all. first of all it seemed to leave a film on my hair and it was not shiny like it is when i use the bb grapefruit and sugar beet super shiny shampoo... nor did it feel any more moisturized. actually, it seemed to make my scalp gummy and i started having little bumps on my head... yuck. Second, the smell is not good... i agree with other reviewers who said it smelled like vomit - not good at all, especially since the smell lingers for a very long time. my boyfriend would not even try this shampoo because of the smell of my hair! i took mine back and exchanged it for the grapefruit shampoo. no way will i buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2007 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Whitewlf00

I used this product because I was curious what a non sulfate shampoo would be like....it went on fine, didnt mind the scent.

My major issue with this product is that is makes your hair really tangled up, I mean after rinsing out had major tangles in my hair. And your hair gets kind of crispy.

Weird not using again, also made my blonde highlighted hair darker. Had to go back to my regular color safe product to get the dulling effect out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2007 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Amber83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually tried this because my mom bought and I'm a hair products junkie. So I tried it out to see how well it works... At first, I noticed the smell, which in my opinion i'm not that crazy about because it smells like raspberry coffe. But the scent didn't linger on me for long cause I used Bath & Body's Cherry Blossom Conditioner. When it lathered it was so odd cause the lather was actually crispy in a way (if that makes sense) and when I rinsed my hair it was tangled a bit. But with after conditioning my hair was detangled and shiny... and I mean shiny. More so than with the cherry blossom shampoo, so I would actually use this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2007 4:53:00 PM More reviews by elande

My only complaint with this shampoo is the use of synthetic fragrance. It's not that great of a scent to begin with, so luckily it fades once your hair is dry. My question is why even bother adding it then? Other than that, I'm happy with this shampoo. It's easy to find since Target and many other stores carry Burt's Bees, it's inexpensive at under $8/bottle, and I think it does a nice job of leaving my hair feeling soft and clean without SLS, parabens, silicones, etc. I will probably repurchase, although I'm tempted to try another organic/natural brand that doesn't have the synthetic fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2007 6:40:00 PM More reviews by polkaparty

My hair is dyed platinum and Burt's Bees shampoo keeps it soft and happy. This one is good, and so is the Grapefruit super-shiny shampoo. Because it's natural and gentle it doesn't strip my hair like conventional loaded-with-chemicals shampoo. And it smells good.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2007 9:14:00 AM More reviews by mtgirl118

I thought this shampoo was excellent although the scent was a tad strange. It moisturized really well when combined with the conditioner. Burt's Bees worked a lot better than my other shampoos and conditioners. Also, I used to break out at my hair line due to chemicals. I haven't had any breakouts at my hairline since I started using this product. I would recommend it. The only reason I did not give it a 5 is because of the smell.
I really want to try the new volumizing shampoo and conditioner that just came out.

Ellen Marie

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2006 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Baptista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Edit: I've now used this for a couple weeks, and have had some frustrations with it. The tangling that it causes, which didn't bother me too much in the beginning since the conditioner smooths everything out, started to make it so that only my hairline was getting shampooed and the rest of the roots at the top of my head were not getting washed bc trying to get the shampoo there meant too many tangles and hair pulling. Also, I used to think this was normal for a natural shampoo, but then I tried Desert Essences Italian Red Grape and was blown away, so I'm down-grading this. However, this does work really well as a facial cleanser if you're ever in a pinch! ///This review is kind of for both the shampoo and the conditioner since I have never used either separately. I purchased these bc my hair was feeling a bit dried out after using up a bottle of some Frizz Ease conditioner and so I figured I needed to back away from the cones for a while. I definitely agree with other reviewers that both products are more watery than average, and there's no way I could use this shampoo without a conditioner, but I have no desire to do that anyway. I like the smell, and I dont find it too artificial, and in my hair it does linger a bit until my hair is completely dry, but I like that. The shampoo does make my hair feel a bit dry and tangly after washing, but you only need a little bit, which is nice. I also dont think that it is over drying my scalp, which is a problem for me with some other shampoos which make my scalp feel dry and itchy after washing. I try to get quite a bit of the water out of my hair before I put the conditioner on and it seems to soak right in. It's not an instant conditioner the way a lot of cone products are, but after a few min my hair feels quite soft. The first few washes my hair did feel a bit sticky and tangly, but again, I think this was just part of the adjustment period from heavy cone haircare to cone-free. I still get a few tangles sometimes, and I put a little conditioner on the ends and I can comb right through, which is pretty good considering I have fairly fine yet thick, 3a partially relaxed hair. I've also noticed that this leaves my hair shiny yet bouncy, which I didnt think I'd like bc I have "big" hair, but actually it looks really nice and healthy. I'm not sure this is HG material, but I definitely would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2006 10:11:00 AM More reviews by sabong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After using this shampoo with the conditioner, my hair is so shiny. It rinses clean without stripping. I immediately noticed that my hair was softer, and it wasn't weighed down. The consistency is thinner than what most of us are used to, but it does lather quite nicely. The only con is that you have to use a larger amount than usual due to the runny consistency.