July 28, 2014 | 1047 users online

Fragrances - L'Artisan Fragrances - Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2005 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Glossaholic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I did not get the "smokiness" that many others did, but I didn't get any "vanilla" either! This scent is not bad, it just has no hint of vanilla whatsoever (at least on me). It reminds me of something I wore in the '80s but can't quite place. Glad I sent for a sample instead of taking a chance on it. For my money, I'll stick to L'Aromarine's Vanille. Sweet (but not overly so) and it smells like VANILLA!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2005 2:13:00 AM More reviews by MaisieGrace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Opens with an ashtray note, then morphs into the smell of cheap, artificial-vanilla scented candles, like you might find at the dollar store. Maybe it's a chemistry thing, but I did not find this appealing at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2004 1:46:00 AM More reviews by PerfumeEnjoyer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Upon initial application it smells like an ashtray, but an hour later it smells like the inexpensive incense that students burn and outgrow by adulthood. I say this without judgement -- it is not a criticism, but a description. This scent is interesting, but it doesn't shout "beautiful." Instead, it reminds me of what I thought adulthood was as I was entering puberty. And I should add that the vanilla is there, too, and it is nice but it is not strong. It does, however, form a pleasant cloud that surrounds the wearer, and it lasts quite a long time. Because of the smokiness, or ashy smell, however, I have a hard time imagining anybody who is not a smoker wearing this scent. Since I have read that Michelle Pfeiffer wears it, I wonder if she smokes cigarettes. If you know the answer, do tell me. And lastly, I have to add that I do not smell the vanilla orchid flower at all, which should not surprise, since I have read that the flower is odorless. I think it would be a lovely scent, the combination of vanilla bean and an orchid flower, but this is not that, at least not the batch I've smelled.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2004 1:44:00 AM More reviews by PerfumeEnjoyer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2004 12:45:00 AM More reviews by BubbaJab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Agree with what has just been said below, no complexity, no smokiness ala Un Bois Vanille.
    Not bad but not great either. In the CSP category vanilla scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2004 12:33:00 AM More reviews by schminken

To be completely honest, not a lot of the vanilla or spice that others have mentioned showed up on me. What I do get is a lot of soapiness. I never thought a vanilla could be clean smelling but this one does! I really like this one but it doesn't last very long.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2004 1:22:00 PM More reviews by jm1875

I was so excited when I ordered this. I love sophisticated vanilla scents, but this just smelled like flea dip to me. Horrible. I walked it around my office to get other opinions and to the very last person, everyone hated it. Someone compared it to mothballs. YICK!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2004 6:33:00 PM More reviews by sriley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally, a vanilla which doesn't smell like Duncan Hines cupcakes or Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts!

A wonderfully layered, smoky, sophisticated vanilla...blissful! This is one of my staples in my perfume arsenal!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2004 2:30:00 AM More reviews by icelos

Very incense-y! I cannot detect much vanilla in this. It's very smoky and strange - not something I'd wear.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2004 10:26:00 AM More reviews by ara133

Not a very interesting vanilla, in my opinion. Definitely not a foody scent - a little more grown-up, but also quite boring. In the bottle it smells really really good and there's a slightly sharp note, but as soon as it's applied that bit of interest immediately disappears, to leave a very dull slight vanilla fragrance. I wanted to find a nice non-foody vanilla but this is not it, I actually ended up layering this with a CSP after a while to liven it up. Will not purchase larger bottle.